Xsnoize review - Dog on a Chain 8/10

The nice thing about “What Kind of People Live in These Houses?” is how much it reminds you of Australian three-piece DMA’s songs “Warsaw”

"The resemblance to “Enjoy the Silence” is undeniable."
"“Once I Saw the River Clean” sees Morrissey again turn to a plethora of electronic influences from Depeche Mode’s “Personal Jesus”, Tears for Fears “Everybody Wants To Rule The World” to Diana Ross’ “Chain Reaction” where he sings about growing up to be a good looking young man and reminisces about walking with his grandmother."

So when I hear Flood producing The Beatles White Album on The Secret of Music I'm not crazy. Someone should gather all the things this record is supposed to sound like and make a playlist.

Second review of the day that goes, 'He might be a bit of an arse but let's put that to one side for a moment...' (the other being the NME review of his London gig).

The positive reviews of the new album seem to outnumber the negative ones and as such I'll probably hate it. Such is life.

I'd give it 9 out of 11 (didn't like two songs). I think it's a very good album. I didn't like The Truth About Ruth and What Kind Of People Live In These Houses. I must be one of the few who likes The Secret Of Music, which reminds me of the song Maladjusted.

I'm as certain as can be that the entirety of Morrissey's career has, for him, been building towards this glorious point: the day on which he is compared to the Mock Turtles.

You can retire now, Morrissey: it doesn't get any better than that.

I'd give it 9 out of 11 (didn't like two songs). I think it's a very good album. I didn't like The Truth About Ruth and What Kind Of People Live In These Houses. I must be one of the few who likes The Secret Of Music, which reminds me of the song Maladjusted.
I actually liked What Kind of People.. Overall, interesting direction musically. I need to re-listen to Secret, I didn't catch the Maladjusted vibe.

Second review of the day that goes, 'He might be a bit of an arse but let's put that to one side for a moment...' (the other being the NME review of his London gig).

The positive reviews of the new album seem to outnumber the negative ones and as such I'll probably hate it. Such is life.
Start listening to it thinking you'll hate it and you might be pleasantly surprised. I think it's a brilliant album. I expected the following films to be shit (back in the day) and was blown away by them: The Matrix, Wolf of Wall Street, L.A.Confidential, Southpaw. Of course it also works the other way.

How did Morrissey plead with fans not to buy Live at the Hollywood Bowl when it was never for sale? Did I miss something? I remember him telling fans not to buy the reissues of Hulmerist and The Malady Lingers on, but not the Bowl.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain review

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom