"World Peace.." singles sleeve art

Re: Earth is the loneliest... sleeve art

Gustav Manzur should also be changed to Gustavo, that is after all his real name.

Gustav? I've heard Gus and Gustavo, of course.. I call him Gus, but never heard anyone say Gustav.

Not picking on your artwork, marred (it's wonderful, as is all of your work! :) — just making an observation on Gus' name! :)

Please correct Martin Boorer to Boz Boorer.

Thank you very much.

Why should it be corrected, Kewpie? *confused* Isn't Martin Boorer his real name?

Gustav? I've heard Gus and Gustavo, of course.. I call him Gus, but never heard anyone say Gustav.

Not picking on your artwork, marred (it's wonderful, as is all of your work! :) — just making an observation on Gus' name! :)

On the sleeve it says "Gustav", which is wrong.

Gustav Manzur should also be changed to Gustavo, that is after all his real name.

Boz's name is 'Martin Boorer'. How is this fresh news to you people? Do you really think I'd accidentally put Martin instead of Boz? That would be some clumsy mashing of the keyboard no?

My art, my choice... Check your 'Maladjusted' inner sleeve please :)

As far as Gus' name no one at harvest will ever see these so I doubt there will be an official problem. But thanks for the due diligence...

Last edited:

this side is really great! :)

Produced by Joe Chiccarelli, recorded in winter 2014 in La Fabrique Studios, Saint-Rémy de Provence, France

p.s. apologies

anon I did have that info on this art work but it didn't work for it space and shape wise. I will include it on one of the next ones. Thanks for sharing it.

Hey.. that's really good.

If only someone at Harvest cared as much.

Makes me wonder if Morrissey didn't care or if Harvest wouldn't put the money behind it.

Thanks mate. I'm no genius but the people at harvest have no idea what they're doing.

Thanks mate. I'm no genius but the people at harvest have no idea what they're doing.

Nice one, Married.
Are you a graphic designer by trade?

Nice one, Married.
Are you a graphic designer by trade?

Thanks mate and no I am not officially a graphic artist. I know very little about photoshop and wish I knew more.

But I am an artist and animator; as in painting, drawing, sculpture and animation etc...

and btw I am not married but I am marred. Since we're all correcting spelling here :)

Maybe I am too marred to be married?

Thanks mate and no I am not officially a graphic artist. I know very little about photoshop and wish I knew more.
But I am an artist and animator; as in painting, drawing, sculpture and animation etc...
and btw I am not married but I am marred. Since we're all correcting spelling here :)
Maybe I am too marred to be married?

Oh, as in that guitar-playing fella? Cool!
Did you get his album last year? I thought it was pretty disappointing - 2 or 3 good to great songs but loads of poor quality stuff.
In interviews he was open about rediscovering his jangly Smiths thing but there's not much of that on there.
Arguably, (and hugely ironically) with the Bullfighter Dies, J Tobias has written a better Smiths-type jangle than Marr has managed since the 80s!

Oh, as in that guitar-playing fella? Cool!
Did you get his album last year? I thought it was pretty disappointing - 2 or 3 good to great songs but loads of poor quality stuff.
In interviews he was open about rediscovering his jangly Smiths thing but there's not much of that on there.
Arguably, (and hugely ironically) with the Bullfighter Dies, J Tobias has written a better Smiths-type jangle than Marr has managed since the 80s!

Yeah we share the same surname but I can't play guitar for shit! God I wish I could...

Yes I did get Johnny Marr's album and really liked a good half of it. He finished his tour here in Sydney in March/April and he was great live! I don't need Marr to revisit his Smiths jangly days. I can do that by putting on a record :)

Yes Bullfighter has a nice sound to it but New Town Velocity is superior guitar.

Last edited:

:) nice chat

i want to share my experience in cropping (this is adressed to marred):

cropping isn't 'succesfull' if you cut somebody's head to look like 'roasted pig's head served on the table' (this is the term used by some professionals, not my association).

you should add shoulders or re-crop it till the bottom of the ear, like crystalgeezer suggested.

i know you decided to keep it this way, this is for your future work.

p.s. apologies

cropping isn't 'succesfull' if you cut somebody's head to look like 'roasted pig's head served on the table' (this is the term used by some professionals, not my association).

you should add shoulders or re-crop it till the bottom of the ear, like crystalgeezer suggested.

p.s. apologies

This is hilarious!

All complaints are welcome... and then quickly forgotten.

Last edited:
Re: Istanbul sleeve art

:yum:

Not very flattering. He looks three-quarters dead. Which is appropriate, I suppose.

Another lovely one....

Cheers Moz

p.s. apologies

If any if you and the other critics can do a better job, then go ahead and do it!!!!!
Stop complain FFS!!

For what it's worth (nothing on here, I know) I, as a Graphic Designer, I think Marred's artwork is wonderful. He could easily get a job in the field with the art I've seen of his over the years.

…instead of being an armchair critic, you could always make your own if Marred's version doesn't suit...

Anyways…

Cannot wait to see the rest of your artwork, marred! :)

Back
Top Bottom