"World Peace..." review by Alexis Petridis (4/5 stars) - The Guardian

Look, I've felt the pangs also, but it's safe to admit that one still likes his previous albums while declaring WPINOYB to be a unique triumph in his catalogue. "All You Need Is Me" and "Life is a Pigsty" will always be successes, but those albums required some repeated listening and some charity to appreciate. WPINOYB requires neither, and seizes one as a lower-level lackey manhandled by a boss's goon. The only difference is that there's no nobility in resistance.

That psychopath who runs the Following the Mozziah blog, who also tweets as MorrisseyParody.

It's funny because before that mess on the tour he would praise Kristeen's album every single day. Now? Not so much.

Dear Readers of this page, please ignore the mentions of the buffoon TRB. He is merely seeking attention by soliciting the people on here. He is a stalker who wants you to worship in the cult precisely the same way he does or he will find a way to invalidate your views. He is a liar and a creep . I would stay away from him and not get too caught up in anything he has to say.
If you think for yourself he will steal anything you have to say as though he thought of it on his own like it were a great gimmick or something .Whatever brings him closer to getting attention from Morrissey . It is rather pathetic that a shit for brains moron like this really and truly has nothing interesting to say .

That psychopath who runs the Following the Mozziah blog, who also tweets as MorrisseyParody.

It's funny because before that mess on the tour he would praise Kristeen's album every single day. Now? Not so much.

MorrisseyParody definitely isn't TRB; I actually believe it was Moz, as was the whole MorrisseysWorld thing, which has now disappeared.

WPINOYB is up on Spotify in Sweden! 4 days early, just started listening :)

What's funny about it? Thick shits like Fergus, Jonna,Trinity, Chayln, this ass burner and about 3000 people on Kristeens page were only there because of the morrissey link. They tell themselves they are a fan of Kristeens muzak to make themselves feel less hollow.
They will stay for awhile to smoak up the gossip then they will go on to someone new. No guest list. Back to the back of the queue.
Jonna and trinity will carry on giving blow jobs to try and get in for nothing, the rest will spend more time on Boz and te bands page.

Think of the Kristeen years as a bad mistake by a man that's was sick and move on. I implore everyone never to mention her name on here again. - by doing so you just help her cause. Though if you see her and Tony smack them on the face - remember people tried to warn you all about those two users. If it weren't for them things may have been much better
Tony has been silently angry since not being chosen for the last two lps - but hung on to squeeze M for the Dublin sessions and the Hollywood High film, where any real fan and human can see Morrissey is sick as f***.

Now let's forget them. No more poor Kristeen young

The apparent sense of relief about WPINOYB being better than YOR is strange.

Lots of people are expressing relief that it is not like/better than YOR, fans and critics alike. However, the strange bit is, YOR was seemingly highly critically acclaimed on release (see the section on 'Reception' on the wiki article)and I remember fans enjoying it when it first arrived arrives too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Years_of_Refusal

An average of 4 stars or 8/10, which seems to be what WPINOYB is getting. However, everyone keeps saying 'thank god it's not like YOR'. Will people say this about WPINOYB by the time album 11 comes out (which I believe he is contracted to release)? Is it simply a case of people wanting to like these releases, then, after a few years, finally being able to admit that the previous album was a bit disappointing? Or could is it that we all liked YOR a lot, but can't deal with another album musically and stylistically similar, is it just a case that we like Moz to develop and change his sound?

The apparent sense of relief about WPINOYB being better than YOR is strange.

Lots of people are expressing relief that it is not like/better than YOR, fans and critics alike. However, the strange bit is, YOR was seemingly highly critically acclaimed on release (see the section on 'Reception' on the wiki article)and I remember fans enjoying it when it first arrived arrives too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Years_of_Refusal

An average of 4 stars or 8/10, which seems to be what WPINOYB is getting. However, everyone keeps saying 'thank god it's not like YOR'. Will people say this about WPINOYB by the time album 11 comes out (which I believe he is contracted to release)? Is it simply a case of people wanting to like these releases, then, after a few years, finally being able to admit that the previous album was a bit disappointing? Or could is it that we all liked YOR a lot, but can't deal with another album musically and stylistically similar, is it just a case that we like Moz to develop and change his sound?

Good points, well made (as they say).
YOR was actually Morrissey's most acclaimed album of the post-2000 era, scoring an average of about 78/100 (on Metacritic which combines all major reviews). It's been dismissed as chug rock/indie guitar/meat and potatoes etc but quite a few songs were nothing like this style. Carol was a wonderful piece of flamenco trumpet pop, Birthday was subtle and hugely melodic, Paris was understated and pretty. However, there was quite a lot of bluster and filler too e.g. SISMK, OK by myself, Black Cloud etc. It's hard to deny that the quality and diversity of the songwriting is much better on WPINOYB.

It is getting tiresome that reviewers actually think WP is a solid release; the songs are so devoid of any lyrical genius (as compared to his Viva, Vauxhall, Arsenal days) that one must be just a sycophant (AKA TRB) who would praise any song Morrissey sings. That is what is most tiresome and ridiculous.

This release would not hold up against any of the aforementioned ones, and to argue otherwise is simply a slap in the face to the talented musicians (Boorer, Whyte, Day, Street, etc.) and even the once creative Morrissey.

This release ranks down the bottom with Refusal and some of the dredge that he has dared to associate with over the recent past.

Please....stop thinking, stop typing...just stop.
You are tiresome, you are ridiculous.
Reviewers don't agree with your prejudiced over rehearsed slant. And? Maybe you're wrong, and they are right?.

Good points, well made (as they say).
YOR was actually Morrissey's most acclaimed album of the post-2000 era, scoring an average of about 78/100 (on Metacritic which combines all major reviews). It's been dismissed as chug rock/indie guitar/meat and potatoes etc but quite a few songs were nothing like this style. Carol was a wonderful piece of flamenco trumpet pop, Birthday was subtle and hugely melodic, Paris was understated and pretty. However, there was quite a lot of bluster and filler too e.g. SISMK, OK by myself, Black Cloud etc. It's hard to deny that the quality and diversity of the songwriting is much better on WPINOYB.

I still like Years Of Refusal and right now I prefer the songs on there although the sound on the new album is much nicer. That might change with time but lyrically I prefer the last album, it's all subjective of course.

Dear Readers of this page, please ignore the mentions of the buffoon TRB. He is merely seeking attention by soliciting the people on here. He is a stalker who wants you to worship in the cult precisely the same way he does or he will find a way to invalidate your views. He is a liar and a creep . I would stay away from him and not get too caught up in anything he has to say.
If you think for yourself he will steal anything you have to say as though he thought of it on his own like it were a great gimmick or something .Whatever brings him closer to getting attention from Morrissey . It is rather pathetic that a shit for brains moron like this really and truly has nothing interesting to say .

I've never heard of this TRB before but he's actually written a fairly decent review of the new album - http://followingthemozziah.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/day-1030-rats-review-of-world-peace-is.html

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom