Why does Moz get sick so often?

Why does Moz get sick so often?

• Because he shakes so many hands at gigs.

Votes: 9 10.5%
  • Because he's a vegetarian.

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Because he does nothing to take care of his vocal chords (he has stated such).

Votes: 27 31.4%
  • He doesn't miss more gigs due to illness than any other major act.

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • Another reason.

Votes: 23 26.7%

• Total voters
So many people end up disappointed because Morrissey cancels because of illness. As has been said, a less intensive schedule would do him good. I'm sure some are completely distraught at not being able to attend a Morrissey concert, and rightly so. But I'm sure he doesn't do it all deliberately, I really don't think he would intentionally let down his fans.

It's not that normal to be so ill you can't croak a note and let down so many people.:confused:

He is starting to give vegetarians a bad name he is so unfit.

He needs someone to look after him proper.

It's not that normal to be so ill you can't croak a note and let down so many people.:confused:

He is starting to give vegetarians a bad name he is so unfit.

He needs someone to look after him proper.

:confused:

Just one vegetarian won't give a bad name.

Morrissey is well known for chocolate 'n' crisps diet from the begining of his career.

No one can ever force feed Morrissey.

He needs more protein, iron and omega 3 :p

I really think that sometimes, NOT always of course, it is not so much physical as psychosomatic. :(

I get sick as often as Morrissey does, so it doesn't seem strange to me like it does to so many of you guys.

In fact, I've often thought about how I'd cope if I were an entertainer. I'm sick so often that I'd be forever canceling on people. Some people just tend to pick up colds more often than others... But the real crux of it is the lungs, I think. Some people get a cold and it bugs them for a few days and then goes away, but when I get a cold it goes straight for my bronchial tubes and turns to bronchitis and sometimes worse. That's just my weakness. I suspect that's how Morrissey's body works too.

Vegetarianism? Hardly...

I could say more, but you get the general idea.

That said, hotel rooms/suites are a breeding ground for germs.

Maybe he met some nice lad, the type who'd "Go gay for Morrissey"? [Yes, I'm looking dead at you.]

He's almost 50... I hope that I have one foot in the grave, and one foot on a banana peel as I approach that horrid milestone. (I don't understand how I'm well over 50 in Gay Years if they're based on GST [Gay Standard Time] which is perpetually late and cancels a lot, too.)

That's a whole lot of gay in one post.

So all you dirty buggers on the front row, stop makin our Mozzer ill with your skanky hands!!!:)

Exactly!!! You lot that shake his hand and grope him on stage are germ carriers. Bad Moz fans, infecting the poor man! :) He should be smart and either wear surgical gloves for all the glad-handing, or have one of those hand sanitizer dispensers mounted on his mike stand.

Still ill -- is it any wonder?

Hand sanitizer baby. It needs to be 65% alcohol to work.

Exactly!!! You lot that shake his hand and grope him on stage are germ carriers. Bad Moz fans, infecting the poor man! :) He should be smart and either wear surgical gloves for all the glad-handing, or have one of those hand sanitizer dispensers mounted on his mike stand.

Hey, don't blame duh fanz up front. And we've been down this road before...It's Moz who is spreading the lurve and the infection. He is a resevoir of infectious disease!

Because so many of the irregular regulars were ill after the Hammersteinshows in NYC in 2007, I gave Moz an antibacterial wipe in DC -- touting "Right your wrongs with a wipe! Save yourself! Save others! Handy towelettes with a light Easter lily scent and antibacterial action. Effective in cars, confessionals and motels. Perfect for the sinner on the go!"

yhst-1809693203716_2023_67404

He thanked me for it because some of us (is turning nasty) had "pulpy" (he meant unhygeinically moist) hands. But the git put it on the drum riser instead of using it. :mad: Then he went on to do a handshaking classic "I Like You" and touched many hands without cleansing his own afterwards. Doh!

Again, this year (in Galway) I gave him a tiny bottle of alcohol-based hand sanitizer from a leading medical treatment centre, and he did the same thing! Accepted it but did not use it! f***er further rubbed my nose in it by wiping off the mic as if I had fellated it or spat all over it.

Moz seems to have a poor constitution. It probably is somewhat due to psychosomatic issues.

I also wonder if he could benefit from cleansing with a netipot. I think it's great for reducing upper respiratory infections. Even with all the flying and traveling, I haven't caught a cold once since using a netipot in January. And I usually catch a cold after following Moz shows for more than a couple of days.

Re: Still ill -- is it any wonder?

He probably doesn't get more sick than most people. It's just that we notice it more, because we're on here every single day.

Mel's right. I have his water bottle from Melbourne, FL (where the previous tour abruptly ended) and just a few tiny drops of it can make the healthiest of us ill. (I call it the Moz virus, and one day I will use it for nefarious purposes that I am still plotting.) You will all rue* the day that you interrupted my afternoon siesta to go back to queuing because some whinging, mewling filth was whinging and mewling on this very site!

*Rue McClanahan is exempt from ruing, as she taught me that being dirty can be sexy, which may have somehow contributed to all of us dirty Morrissey fans, but I'm not sure how many of the queens here watch(ed) the Golden Girls.

Mel's right. I have his water bottle from Melbourne, FL (where the previous tour abruptly ended) and just a few tiny drops of it can make the healthiest of us ill. (I call it the Moz virus, and one day I will use it for nefarious purposes that I am still plotting.) You will all rue* the day that you interrupted my afternoon siesta to go back to queuing because some whinging, mewling filth was whinging and mewling on this very site!

*Rue McClanahan is exempt from ruing, as she taught me that being dirty can be sexy, which may have somehow contributed to all of us dirty Morrissey fans, but I'm not sure how many of the queens here watch(ed) the Golden Girls.

Hola, Adam!

Mmmm...I fear the devastation that would be caused by unleashing weaponized Moz virus on, say NYC. Couldn't you just target those directly responsible for depriving you of your beauty sleep?

Tags
he's old
Back
Top Bottom