Why do some people hate WPINOYB ?

Why do some people hate WPINOYB

• Total voters
That's absolutely true, and not just among the die-hard fans. Pre-internet, I bought LOADS of albums just out of plain curiosity. I dislike streaming services for a whole host of reasons that I won't bother getting into here ( :rolleyes: ), but one of the worst side effects is that albums are dismissed without any time spent becoming familiar with them. I can't tell you how many bands/albums people have told me I might like that I've given 20-30 seconds to on YouTube before deciding I "don't like them." Pre-internet, I would've bought the album and listened to the whole damn thing multiple times.

I won’t lie. I pay for Spotify premium because I can’t really argue with the price. It’s great to have access to all that stuff on my iPhone while I’m working at home and using the ol’ WiFi. I’m one of the few though that will hear something on there and then buy it, though...be it the vinyl or iTunes mp3s.

^^^^^
I bought "Viva Hate" out of pure curiosity. I could not put it down because of the cover photo taken by Anton Corbijn.

^^^^^
I bought "Viva Hate" out of pure curiosity. I could not put it down because of the cover photo taken by Anton Corbijn.

Wow, did you buy it based on the sleeve alone, or had you heard of Morrissey already? I'm not sure I've ever bought a record solely because of its cover. Books, yes. But not records. (And I love love love that photo…)

^^^^
The sleeve alone. Next day returned to record store, inquired, and bought The Queen Is Dead

I just came from Best Buy where I bought tje bonus cd even tho I had it from iTunes already.
There was a whole stack of them there. Sad.

If people stuck in their teen mindset only knew how little music means to the majority of people on this planet they would get rather depressed. There is a misconception that music actually means something and has some sort of power which it has not. The taste in music is so divided and at the end of the day it is there to kill some time for people and make them escape reality for a while.

It was long ago I stopped obsessing about famous people and nowadays I feel the time I spent doing that made me lose out on something and I feel cheated somehow. If I was to give any sort of advice to young people of today then it would be to concentrate on their own mind and what they could do with it and bugger all else. Fandom really is for losers and it has never and never will create anything productive that make a person better in any sense.

Yeah, this is why Chickpea is a well-respected Graphic Designer and Ghoul is an Attorney.

If people stuck in their teen mindset only knew how little music means to the majority of people on this planet they would get rather depressed. There is a misconception that music actually means something and has some sort of power which it has not. The taste in music is so divided and at the end of the day it is there to kill some time for people and make them escape reality for a while.

It was long ago I stopped obsessing about famous people and nowadays I feel the time I spent doing that made me lose out on something and I feel cheated somehow. If I was to give any sort of advice to young people of today then it would be to concentrate on their own mind and what they could do with it and bugger all else. Fandom really is for losers and it has never and never will create anything productive that make a person better in any sense.

- rubbish. But, maybe I will go outside and play for a while.

Can someone please give this anonymous a hug?

And I'm not talking about one of those "How are you goin'?" hugs either. I mean one of those gifts that just keeps on giving...

Last edited:
Funny, that beautiful photo on the cover of Viva Hate is what first intrigued me as well. I had heard the name Morrissey, but had no idea who he was or what his music was like. But that photo- he was beautiful and mysterious and I had to listen.

Yeah, this is why Chickpea is a well-respected Graphic Designer and Ghoul is an Attorney.

It sure as hell wasn't Morrissey and music that made them succeed in life. They had that in them and worked hard for it or just used the talent they were born with. Music and artists set bad examples for others and it is sad how famous people always end up using drugs and leading destructive lives. Not role models and people should not look to them as such but as it goes americans tend to look to the famous and I think they do cause of their culture lacking royalty and so famous people replaced that and it did not turn out too well.

If I was to give any sort of advice to young people of today then it would be to concentrate on their own mind and what they could do with it and bugger all else. Fandom really is for losers and it has never and never will create anything productive that make a person better in any sense.

Well, that's just a bunch of nonsense. We are all human beings, and like it or not, we don't all exist inside of little bubbles consisting only of the creations of our own brains. We look to art and music and film and literature and architecture and design and poetry and so on and so on in order to see and think about the world (and everything in it) in a different way. You can't "concentrate on (your) own mind" in a productive and meaningful way if your mind has no points of reference beyond what your parents taught you.

Not everyone is lucky enough to come across a painter, musician, or writer who makes them want to dig deeper and to know more. Some people become scholars and study that one person or a particular movement in depth, and others feel a need to congregate in groups of similarly-minded individuals in order to understand a subject more. And yes, some people will never understand the reason for art or why it's a positive thing to have in one's life, and that's a real shame. In my experience, those are the most destructive and least compassionate people around.

Well, that's just a bunch of nonsense. We are all human beings, and like it or not, we don't all exist inside of little bubbles consisting only of the creations of our own brains. We look to art and music and film and literature and architecture and design and poetry and so on and so on in order to see and think about the world (and everything in it) in a different way. You can't "concentrate on (your) own mind" in a productive and meaningful way if your mind has no points of reference beyond what your parents taught you.

Not everyone is lucky enough to come across a painter, musician, or writer who makes them want to dig deeper and to know more. Some people become scholars and study that one person or a particular movement in depth, and others feel a need to congregate in groups of similarly-minded individuals in order to understand a subject more. And yes, some people will never understand the reason for art or why it's a positive thing to have in one's life, and that's a real shame. In my experience, those are the most destructive and least compassionate people around.

Psychology describes the need to admire others and paint a slightly better picture of them than they deserve. I have met so many successful people who never bothered with admiring others and concentrated on themselves and their loved ones creating a great life for them. I just feel that this admiration of people you do not know turns people into gazers rathers than doers. It will eventually catch up with people. Idols will always disappoint people.

Some people handle this better than others. They can enjoy music and people but I am talking about those people that lose themselves in fandom. They have this fanatic need to "become" their idol and they do things like follow their idol before they do more important stuff. They are like the entertainment worlds version of hoarders. They consume something as they lack something in their life. I just think that is sad and I have seen such tragedy first hand.

Morrissey hasn't got the answers and when it comes to most things he hasn't got a clue about life in general. He is a pampered whinger with no personal life to speak of if you do not take into account a cup of tea at his house with Nancy Sinatra for 5 minutes when they are shooting some sort of documentary he hasn't yet approved of.

It sure as hell wasn't Morrissey and music that made them succeed in life. They had that in them and worked hard for it or just used the talent they were born with. Music and artists set bad examples for others and it is sad how famous people always end up using drugs and leading destructive lives. Not role models and people should not look to them as such but as it goes americans tend to look to the famous and I think they do cause of their culture lacking royalty and so famous people replaced that and it did not turn out too well.

I see you still haven't got your hug yet :(

I see you still haven't got your hug yet :(

Don't be so childish, hugs are for kids and weak people at a care home. If Morrissey could he'd sell hugs onstage to fund his many gay lovers in countries no one wants to know about.

We're animals, human beings is just a construction and a vaguely loose idea.

I have met so many successful people who never bothered with admiring others and concentrated on themselves and their loved ones creating a great life for them. I just feel that this admiration of people you do not know turns people into gazers rathers than doers.

They have this fanatic need to "become" their idol and they do things like follow their idol before they do more important stuff. They are like the entertainment worlds version of hoarders. They consume something as they lack something in their life. I just think that is sad and I have seen such tragedy first hand.

My goodness, that's a lot of assumptions. Good thing you're above it all and not doing anything silly like wasting your night posting anonymously on a Morrissey message board!

Back
Top Bottom