What was (is?!?) your favorite childhood toy?

penguin-race-1.jpg

I was obsessed with it.

I had 2!
One is still with me....
l_27aae106f5ab7338e87a3f7d47ed43f8.jpg

And this caused alot of wonder but fortunately I have no idea where it is/went...
l_611bc5619a9a381ab3a1642a402f326c.jpg

alma, jason would kill for all those toys, ha ha ha!
i loved my see n spell or whatever it was called. i was a geeky child. i had a microscope too.

alma, jason would kill for all those toys, ha ha ha!
i loved my see n spell or whatever it was called. i was a geeky child. i had a microscope too.

These are just my husbands original ones...my son has lots of the new stuff...so we have quite a collection! The older ones are far better made than the new ones though...they just don't make 'em like they used to!

Tell Jason he's welcome to come round to play anytime! ;)

Love Alma xxx

Are those two at the nose-cone of the X- Fighter having a bit of chit-chat???!

Looks like he's propositioning her! He wants to show her his blaster.

alma, is your husband the same age as you? If so, wasn't he a bit, erm, mature to be collecting these things, especially by the time Jedi came out? I only ask because I was teased mercilessly for collecting Transformers when I was 15 or 16. :D

Looks like he's propositioning her! He wants to show her his blaster.

alma, is your husband the same age as you? If so, wasn't he a bit, erm, mature to be collecting these things, especially by the time Jedi came out? I only ask because I was teased mercilessly for collecting Transformers when I was 15 or 16. :D

I have a toyboy darling! ;)

Love Alma xxx

Definitely my Star Wars toys.

I loved them to death although I'm amazed and envious when I see the newer Star Wars toys because they're so much better. I used to tease my buddies for having the ugly Han Solo while I had the handsome one. Now my old handsome one looks like bantha crap compared to the latest Harrison Ford dopplegangers.

Side note: one day my mother spotted a guy who ran an ad in the local paper for a "Star Wars garage sale" he was having. We went to buy a couple of things, imagining a bunch of half-eaten toys littering the front lawn. Turns out the guy worked for Kenner and had filled his garage literally from floor to ceiling with Star Wars toys, all in their boxes, all in pristine condition. It looked like the final scene in "Raiders of the Lost Ark", except with Star Wars toys.

I still think about that guy. If he had pulled up with a U-Haul, carefully loaded all of those boxes up, and put them in storage for about fifteen years, he'd have been a rich man. I hope he didn't underestimate the discretionary spending of future nerds. :)

In honor of the 50th anniversary of the Lego brick today, tell us what your favorite toy, stuffed animal, blanket, outfit, whatever was from childhood. Pics are good, too.

I loved Legos, of course, but my favorite toy was my extensive Star Wars figuring & ship collection, which, sad to say, is now somewhere in a Midwestern landfill. :tears:

Heavy into Lego's (anything space) and Star Wars figures. I remember I had the Death Star which went along with the Kenner action figures you could buy in the stores. It was something like three levels tall and had the trash compactor, the tractor beam controls, and the retractable sky bridge.

Nowadays, my oldest son is into Star Wars Lego's!!!! Needless to say, I'm not sure who is more excited when he has enough $ to buy a new Lego set.:)

Larry :p he was a stuffed lamb teddy given to me when I was a few weeks old. I once climbed out of my cot and threw Larry in the fire, but he miraculously survived without a mark. :guitar:

I liked Hot Wheels best. We also played with army men but later in a pyro phase most of these things were burned. We had access to gasoline and we'd launch burning Hot Wheels into pools of gas, or set up armies, pour gas on them and then flick matches at each others armies.

Hot Wheels ruled. I had the orange tracks and everything and my favorite car was a blue Mustang.

All those Star Wars toys looked like our house as kids. My brother had all the toys. Would get so mad if I was playing with them. Was afraid I'd riun then. I love hot wheels, we'd set up the tracks through out the house.

I liked Hot Wheels best. We also played with army men but later in a pyro phase most of these things were burned. We had access to gasoline and we'd launch burning Hot Wheels into pools of gas, or set up armies, pour gas on them and then flick matches at each others armies.

Fire! Fire! That's cool :cool:

bevisfire.gif

Hot Wheels ruled. I had the orange tracks and everything and my favorite car was a blue Mustang.

My brothers had 'em, but you and I are close in age :o

I had 2!
One is still with me....
l_27aae106f5ab7338e87a3f7d47ed43f8.jpg

:eek: what is that? is scarrres me!

I remember that show, never liked it though. Had an annoying co-worker who'd say that all the time.

Back
Top Bottom