What popular things do you not like or care about?

I didn't say independently owned news outlets are biased only that they have been in the past and that being independently owned is is not some guarantee to truthful reporting in the same way that having multiple interests must lead to self interest and manipulation of the media . General electric should be allowed to have whatever voice they want and be able to present the news how they see fit within the law. Nothings stopping anyone from starting an independently operated media outlet many just can't compete or draw talent and viewers these days. Its not some form of mind control by large conglomerates and I really doubt those billionaires are super involved in what there new stations report on any consistent basis so saying there all controlled by these individuals is silly. You more and more remind me of the hippies from South park talking about the corporations and the machine out to get us with complex plots for control of society

You make feel less embarrassed for those that use the term, "sheeple." Adding it to my vocabulary.
"being independently owned is is not some guarantee to truthful reporting in the same way that having multiple interests must lead to self interest and manipulation of the media" What is this even supposed to mean?
" General electric should be allowed to have whatever voice they want and be able to present the news how they see fit within the law." I'm sure they appreciate your support.
"Nothings stopping anyone from starting an independently operated media outlet many just can't compete or draw talent and viewers these days." well aside from the inability to compete with the billionaires, nothing is stopping someone from owning independent media.
"Its not some form of mind control by large conglomerates and I really doubt those billionaires are super involved in what there new stations report on any consistent basis so saying there all controlled by these individuals is silly."
I didn't say mind control. It's influence. You doubt the billionaires are super involved. That's reassuring. Except that they don't need to be. The people that run their organizations are well aware of who they work for.
Even arguing with you at all validates what you write more than it deserves. You simply pull all of this out of your ass and then your big "burn" is "you're a hippie like the ones on South Park." You're a product of our education system. You are barely coherent and even if your ideas made sense to begin with by the time you mangled them with what I will generously call your writing style they would still be unintelligible.

You make feel less embarrassed for those that use the term, "sheeple." Adding it to my vocabulary.
"being independently owned is is not some guarantee to truthful reporting in the same way that having multiple interests must lead to self interest and manipulation of the media" What is this even supposed to mean?
" General electric should be allowed to have whatever voice they want and be able to present the news how they see fit within the law." I'm sure they appreciate your support.
"Nothings stopping anyone from starting an independently operated media outlet many just can't compete or draw talent and viewers these days." well aside from the inability to compete with the billionaires, nothing is stopping someone from owning independent media.
"Its not some form of mind control by large conglomerates and I really doubt those billionaires are super involved in what there new stations report on any consistent basis so saying there all controlled by these individuals is silly."
I didn't say mind control. It's influence. You doubt the billionaires are super involved. That's reassuring. Except that they don't need to be. The people that run their organizations are well aware of who they work for.
Even arguing with you at all validates what you write more than it deserves. You simply pull all of this out of your ass and then your big "burn" is "you're a hippie like the ones on South Park." You're a product of our education system. You are barely coherent and even if your ideas made sense to begin with by the time you mangled them with what I will generously call your writing style they would still be unintelligible.

I'm a poor typist on my phone. It's not very embarrassing to me.

It means that having a conflict of Interest doesn't mean that the organization will act in a biased way or that a lack of conflict will always result in unbiased reporting . Your post seemed to say that it does. When I asked why you thought news today was more controlled and of less quality and less transparent you asked if I'd ever heard of conflict of interest.

Are you saying that money alone guarantees success in a media outlet and that one cant grow with a conglomerate .

You seem to think that large corperations and conglomerates as well as the rich are all inherently evil with no motivation other than pursuit of wealth and control through conspiracy like bond villains. It seems to color most of you political and social thinking

I'm a poor typist on my phone. It's not very embarrassing to me.

It means that having a conflict of Interest doesn't mean that the organization will act in a biased way or that a lack of conflict will always result in unbiased reporting . Your post seemed to say that it does. When I asked why you thought news today was more controlled and of less quality and less transparent you asked if I'd ever heard of conflict of interest.

Are you saying that money alone guarantees success in a media outlet and that one cant grow with a conglomerate .

You seem to think that large corperations and conglomerates as well as the rich are all inherently evil with no motivation other than pursuit of wealth and control through conspiracy like bond villains. It seems to color most of you political and social thinking

You seem to be putting words in my mouth. I'm not talking about "evil." I'm talking about human nature. If you think people with an advantage don't use that advantage you are wrong. Money does pretty much become the determining factor in media success, yes.
"It means that having a conflict of Interest doesn't mean that the organization will act in a biased way or that a lack of conflict will always result in unbiased reporting . Your post seemed to say that it does."

Generally, yes, a conflict of interest is going to create bias. I pointed out specifically how this happens. I did not say the opposite is true. The independent organization may have their own bias. The point is that then we get to hear different opinions.

You seem to be putting words in my mouth. I'm not talking about "evil." I'm talking about human nature. If you think people with an advantage don't use that advantage you are wrong. Money does pretty much become the determining factor in media success, yes.
"It means that having a conflict of Interest doesn't mean that the organization will act in a biased way or that a lack of conflict will always result in unbiased reporting . Your post seemed to say that it does."

Generally, yes, a conflict of interest is going to create bias. I pointed out specifically how this happens. I did not say the opposite is true. The independent organization may have their own bias. The point is that then we get to hear different opinions.

I don't think it means they always use said advantage and have no ethical journalistic standards just because they stand to gain. I am not that cynical about human nature. I also don't think things always conflict so much and that both goals making money and honest reporting are incompatible. Even with the media as it stands there's plenty of diverging opinions out there with plenty of competing interests. It's not like these media companies aren't semi autonomous and that there's one person making sure nothing gets reported on that they don't like. It's not like General Electric even gets universal praise from the media. Such thinking makes everyone who works at those news stations somehow conciously complicit in said bias and I just don't believe that. Comcast for instance gets plenty of negative reporting as well as the cable over charging story not long ago. Under you perspective of journalism no one would have even reported on that. I mean businesses get criticized and scrutinized by the media all the time. The Wells Fargo deal was covered by everyone and if all media is owned by fifteen billionaires then I'm guessing that one of them had financial ties to that bank but still reported on it

I also don't think things always conflict so much and that both goals making money and honest reporting are incompatible.
What are you even talking about?
Who even makes money off of reporting? That is just something that happens in between advertisements. The Wells Fargo story isn't something that could really be covered up and most people think General Electric makes light bulbs.

What are you even talking about?
Who even makes money off of reporting? That is just something that happens in between advertisements. The Wells Fargo story isn't something that could really be covered up and most people think General Electric makes light bulbs.

Reporters make money off of reporting and investigating. They get what's called a salary. Advertisements are there because an audience is there and I don't think the audience is there for the advertisements. No they might not be able to cover up the Wells Fargo story but it doesn't mean those with ties to Wells Fargo don't have something to lose by making it easier to see the bank as engaging in criminal activity causing the stock to go down. They could try to minimize as much and protect there investments and self interest as much as possible. They can try and skew the news but I didn't see much evidence of that. They could just not report on it at all. In what way do you think the media giants use there control of the news for there self interest

Reporters make money off of reporting and investigating. They get what's called a salary. Advertisements are there because an audience is there and I don't think the audience is there for the advertisements. No they might not be able to cover up the Wells Fargo story but it doesn't mean those with ties to Wells Fargo don't have something to lose by making it easier to see the bank as engaging in criminal activity causing the stock to go down. They could try to minimize as much and protect there investments and self interest as much as possible. They can try and skew the news but I didn't see much evidence of that. They could just not report on it at all. In what way do you think the media giants use there control of the news for there self interest
Reporters are employees. They are there as part of the content. The content is the reason people watch. It is there to attract viewers. If they have viewers they can sell advertisements. Rupert Murdoch does not make money by reporting the news. He makes money selling advertising. The news is there to fill the space between the ads. The money the reporters are paid is not profit. It is operating expense.

Reporters are employees. They are there as part of the content. The content is the reason people watch. It is there to attract viewers. If they have viewers they can sell advertisements. Rupert Murdoch does not make money by reporting the news. He makes money selling advertising. The news is there to fill the space between the ads. The money the reporters are paid is not profit. It is operating expense.

But the quality of the content is what attracts the size of the audience allowing him to make more money off of advertisements in order to pay quality reporters who do quality reporting instead of anyone. They're journalistic integrity to a large degree is part of this He needs to do quality reporting that people are willing to sit through advertisements for in order to make then largest amount of money.

Anyway this is me saying its me so let's not continue

Oh and almost forgot, how cud I possibly ! 2 say thanks Quando quando quando 4 your words about me, I repay them in kind!

Hope you get a new little friend a cat or dog, Both are lovery .

Labrodors and poodles have beauitifll temperments but so do japanese Akitas, there loverly. kind , courageous and ultra loyal!!! :)
akita.jpg

Oh and almost forgot, how cud I possibly ! 2 say thanks Quando quando quando 4 your words about me, I repay them in kind!

Labrodors and poodles have beauitifll temperments but so do japanese Akitas, there loverly. kind , courageous and ultra loyal!!! :) View attachment 40708

That is very sweet of you Midnite!
Thanks for the beautiful photo.
My sister now has a Japanese dog, she always wanted to have one.
I forgot to ask which kind. Could be Akita, don't know for sure.
Thought it were two names. I'll ask her.
Thanks!

Coffee - especially Starbucks
Social Media Networks
Modern Fashion Trends
Reality Television Shows
Most Sitcoms

Coffee - especially Starbucks
Social Media Networks
Modern Fashion Trends
Reality Television Shows
Most Sitcoms
I agree with some of this. I have made a couple of good connections of Facebook and Twitter but you see so many people posting things that they don't even try to verify. This woman I know posted this:
saturn-hoax.jpg

I told her that if we ever see Saturn looking like that it will definitely be the end of the world. And Twitter has all those people that follow you so you will follow back, They think they are going to get a million followers and ... monetize somehow?
I hate reality TV but I admit I like those crappy contest shows where people form alliances and compete, and stab each other in the back. I watch those online sometimes. And I bingewatch Jeremy Kyle but I am not sure it's not scripted.
I don't care about fashion for the most part but I do think Alexander McQueen did interesting things. That was more like Illuminati performance art though. Sitcoms are mostly terrible. I am addicted to coffee but I just want it to be fresh and black. I don't care that much as long as it has caffeine and isn't old and bitter.

I agree with some of this. I have made a couple of good connections of Facebook and Twitter but you see so many people posting things that they don't even try to verify. This woman I know posted this:
saturn-hoax.jpg

I told her that if we ever see Saturn looking like that it will definitely be the end of the world. And Twitter has all those people that follow you so you will follow back, They think they are going to get a million followers and ... monetize somehow?
I hate reality TV but I admit I like those crappy contest shows where people form alliances and compete, and stab each other in the back. I watch those online sometimes. And I bingewatch Jeremy Kyle but I am not sure it's not scripted.
I don't care about fashion for the most part but I do think Alexander McQueen did interesting things. That was more like Illuminati performance art though. Sitcoms are mostly terrible. I am addicted to coffee but I just want it to be fresh and black. I don't care that much as long as it has caffeine and isn't old and bitter.

Hi Calamine Lotion,
Did you see the movie Melancholia by Lars von Trier ?
It touches the same subject but it is also very good in other aspects.
I agree about coffee. Can't live without. But only Italian style.

Espresso, not necessarilly from that great machines, although wouldn't refuse it, (mine has broken down and I am too lazy to get it fixed) but just from the caffetiere which you put on the gas and than you hear that gorgeous sound when it's ready to pour.
Have 1 tiny teaspoon of cane sugar and make sure your coffeecup is heated with boiling water first.
Oh, how I love all the simple things of life.
Cheers :thumb:

Hi Calamine Lotion,
Did you see the movie Melancholia by Lars von Trier ?
It touches the same subject but it is also very good in other aspects.
I agree about coffee. Can't live without. But only Italian style.

Espresso, not necessarilly from that great machines, although wouldn't refuse it, (mine has broken down and I am too lazy to get it fixed) but just from the caffetiere which you put on the gas and than you hear that gorgeous sound when it's ready to pour.
Have 1 tiny teaspoon of cane sugar and make sure your coffeecup is heated with boiling water first.
Oh, how I love all the simple things of life.
Cheers :thumb:
I had seen a trailer from that film and meant to watch but I forgot. Thank you for the reminder.
I do like good Italian style coffee but it's a treat. I had one coffee house I went to regularly but several of my favorite people there quit all at once. Then no one knew how to make my coffee and they would burn the scones. LOL So I gave up. I just go to 7-11. It's fresh and pretty good, but not fit for connoisseurs I'm sure. I am slumming it.
Your coffee sounds very good and simple. The hot cup makes all the difference.

I had seen a trailer from that film and meant to watch but I forgot. Thank you for the reminder.
I do like good Italian style coffee but it's a treat. I had one coffee house I went to regularly but several of my favorite people there quit all at once. Then no one knew how to make my coffee and they would burn the scones. LOL So I gave up. I just go to 7-11. It's fresh and pretty good, but not fit for connoisseurs I'm sure. I am slumming it.
Your coffee sounds very good and simple. The hot cup makes all the difference.

If you are going to see the movie, just save it and wait for you to be in a reflective and more or less " different " kind of mood. I mean like open, tranquil, easy and when you really get into it, it is really beautiful.
Worked for me.
Yeah, you are right about the hot cup!
I know you would love my coffee! :thumb:

Labrodors and poodles have beauitifll temperments but so do japanese Akitas, there loverly. kind , courageous and ultra loyal!!! :) View attachment 40708

image.jpeg

That is very sweet of you Midnite!
Thanks for the beautiful photo.
My sister now has a Japanese dog, she always wanted to have one.
I forgot to ask which kind. Could be Akita, don't know for sure.
Thought it were two names. I'll ask her.
Thanks!

Hi midnite,
This is the Japanese dog my sister has now.
It's a Shiba Inu.
Ain't he cute and beautiful?
He is very easy going, smart and adorable!
And loyal and likeable too!
I bet Rifke likes him too!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

that is REALLY f***ing cute :O

I knew, I just really knew, you would like it Rifke, ha! :p
Not that you are predictable in your posts, on the contrary, thank God and that is why I like you!

I knew, I just really knew, you would like it Rifke, ha! :p
Not that you are predictable in your posts, on the contrary, thank God and that is why I like you!
oh im pretty predictable, it's all 'bunnies this' and 'blazers that' with me...:p
what is the dogs name? i love his round lil face <3 ask your sister if i can have him, k?!

oh im pretty predictable, it's all 'bunnies this' and 'blazers that' with me...:p
what is the dogs name? i love his round lil face <3 ask your sister if i can have him, k?!

I asked for it's name at WhatsApp but she didn't respond yet. I'll let you know.
That other question I could ask but she would look at me as if I was ready for transportation to a clinic for the mentally ill. She's completely in love. :p

Back
Top Bottom