What did make you smile today?

There will be a quiz on this tomorrow.

249172_677628138932097_617036826_n.jpg

Slinky Science. The bottom stays perfectly level until the structure collapses. Try this at home kids

Last edited by a moderator:
not just 2 days off this week, but also only 8 "teaching hours" instead of 14, so for once gonna do stuff on Fri(&/pr)Sat night* :guitar:

*=since I work at a school that is a supplement to "regular school" I teach mainly on Fri night and all day on the weekend...

UIDIRE4F1.jpg

We found my friend Dustin in the crowd at Outside Lands at 1:11. :D (Behind the man with the red hat with the T on it.) His girlfriend is there too standing next to him but she's a peanut and can't be seen.

Social snubs and prickly rivalries, no doubt, swirled through the ballroom at New York's Plaza Hotel in 1966 on the night Harry Benson photographed Truman Capote's notorious Black & White Ball. Tallulah Bankhead insulted Norman Mailer, Lauren Bacall spurned eager dance partners, and the host himself tried to physically block the exit when Frank Sinatra and then-wife Mia Farrow departed at midnight. Hours earlier, Benson, who was 36 at the time, caught the grand retinue of 500 masked guests, as they arrived, including, most memorably, Sinatra and Farrow.
"To this day, that was the biggest party I ever shot," Benson recalls. "Capote's ball was unique. Everyone wanted to be there. People who weren't invited went out of town. "I was at the top of the stairs at 9 o'clock and caught Sinatra as he was walking in. He couldn't get past me. He felt really stupid in that mask. Someone had just yelled to him, 'Hey, there's Frankie Batman.' You can see the anger in his eyes behind the mask. He was this tough guy, thinking, 'What the hell am I doing here?' Mia Farrow had that precious, elfin look, but she was as tough as nails too.

998498_705460959482542_71313359_n.jpg

995975_612135838834324_1636147083_n.jpg

took+photos.jpg

35117-ilyke.net-large-35117-3bXj50C.jpg

:D

Don't f*** with a Bel Air! :D

rs_560x350-130827132940-Pageant_quote.jpg

Harry gets all the credit but this is the guy who killed Voldemort. :cool:

1151044_612768992104342_1624491859_n.jpg

Lol. Somebody just sent me this. That girl's name was Misty, so cool.

It was a Harry Potter Book Release party. They were so huge the fire marshall had us limit the number of people in the store. We had to dress up.

9620949876_711e2955d6_z.jpg

EDIT: Funny memory about Misty. She was really into piercings. I'd never met anyone like her before, very hard-edge, kinda looked like that everyday. I remember she went to this piecing and tattoo convention in Los Angeles with this HUGE piercing on her back of a corset that was laced up with ribbon. She must've had 30 studs down both sides her back with a silk ribbon gathering it up, backless patton leather dress. (She stopped by the cafe before to show it off.) It was memorable because we were talking about how she was going to GET to Los Angeles (3 hour drive) without being able to lean back on a seat because the corset was done in San Luis Obispo. Anyway, super cool girl, very down to earth, hard worker, let me sleep on her couch a couple nights. I heard she had a couple of babies and loves being a mom, that update made me happy.

Last edited:
George Clooney didn't have a stylist in elementary school...or did he? :cool: :p

560511_706836149345023_1912148752_n.jpg

Tears of joy watching this one:

Watching Dusty Baker smile made me smile!

This is video, from Dusty's Wednesday night press conference, after his Cincinnati Reds trounced the St. Louis Cardinals by a score of 10 to zero. Reds second baseman Brandon Phillips barged into the presser and started lobbing insults & "f-bombs" towards Cincinnati Enquirer sports writer C. Trent Rosecrans. Earlier in the day, Rosecrans had written some disparaging remarks in regards to Phillips on-base-percentage and being moved up in the Red's batting order to bat second. Rosecrans wrote his remarks on Twitter. In the video you can hear Rosecrans sniping back at Phillips as well.

Brandon+Phillips+Cincinnati+Reds+Photo+Day+ZaRVU_0T1MXl.jpg C Trent Rosecrans.jpg

Brandon Phillips vs. C. Trent Rosecrans. A feud for the ages.

-Probably the greatest feud since the late 1990's, when Katherine & Jill battled endlessly over ownership of the house on CBS television's "The Young & The Restless."

Katherine & Jill battle!!.png

Katherine & Jill completely abandon all sense of decorum during their infamous cake fight. Ladies, "Can you delve so low?" Obviously, their collective answer was a resounding "Yes."

It's personal. Bitch!.jpg

I get the distinct impression that it was always personal between them. Always.

The fireworks begin at 2:04..................

hD1D2E7A1

If Morrissey was raised with this sort of humor, I bet in real life away from cameras he is hilarious.

You a big baseball fan, Justin? :cool:

shit+just+got+REAL_91480c_3820774.jpg

Tags
attention seeking ep bestest. bloody nuisance dmb ginger balls happiness is for the weak happyhappyjoyjoy i love ep i'm so happy!!11!!!1! ignore button love :) schadenfreude
Back
Top Bottom