US release of Greatest Hits

In reading the credits, I noticed it reads:

All tracks copyright 2008 Morrissey, licensed exclusively to Decca Music Group, London England.

So apparently Morrissey now owns these tracks and his new deal with Decca is only a licensing deal which is great cause he will now own his new material going forward or maybe this credits only apply to the Greatest Hits package since it is old material?

The CD clocks in at 56+ minutes, surely they could have included the Maladjusted singles but oh well, :guitar:

Y'know contrary to the press releases, Moz hasn't actually signed a 'new' deal with Decca. Sanctuary got bought by Universal, who own Polydor, who run Decca. All they've done is pass the contract from one label to the other.

wow, less than 4,000 buys here in America for the first week. maybe those of you who didn't buy it are waiting for the tax rebates, I dunno.

if that's true it's probably because i have not seen the cd version of it ANYWHERE

bought it on vinyl though (of course)

Difference between US and EU LP (Greatest Hits)

Got today the US 2LP Greatest Hits. As I didnt have the EU Version I am wondering if there is any noticeable difference between these releases?

Other than forums like SOLO, how would anyone know there is a new release? Has their been any promotion of it at all? And I am not talking of the tour. The general public knows less of a Morrissey tour than they do a new Morrissey album.

Other than forums like SOLO, how would anyone know there is a new release? Has their been any promotion of it at all? And I am not talking of the tour. The general public knows less of a Morrissey tour than they do a new Morrissey album.

I just saw the Greatest Hits for sale today at Whole Foods.

General Public? Are they still around?

My local radio station, WXRT, has been promoting it for about four weeks on its New Music Thursdays. They are a unique station, though.

I got the regular version on accident at Target (where I didn't expect to find it). I didn't realize until after I took the wrapping off :tears:. I guess I forgot that the SE comes in a digipack. And I should have looked at the track listing on the back. At least I wasn't the one who paid for it.

Y'know contrary to the press releases, Moz hasn't actually signed a 'new' deal with Decca. Sanctuary got bought by Universal, who own Polydor, who run Decca. All they've done is pass the contract from one label to the other.

I didn't think Morrissey had a recording contract after ROTT. He was open to sign with anyone. It just so happened that Sanctuary was purchased by Universal.

Weird!

I just went to Worst Buy today, and they finally had it, but only the regular edition. :tears:

Regular edition at Whole Foods too... right next to Dolly Pardon's new cd, which includes the hit "Jesus and Gravity". So I didn't really know which cd I should get.

Ended up not getting any because I was spending too much on groceries already.

Regular edition at Whole Foods too... right next to Dolly Pardon's new cd, which includes the hit "Jesus and Gravity". So I didn't really know which cd I should get.

HAHAHAHAHA! I saw that CD, too, but I somehow missed that gem.

Ended up not getting any because I was spending too much on groceries already.

What'd you expect? It's Whore Foods, after all!

Borders had both editions, but they weren't on sale even though every other new release seemed to be--$14.99 & $23.99. f*** that. I'll wait until I have a coupon or gift card.

It's not much, but there's a half page ad buried in the LA Weekly for the GH on sale at the Virgin Megastores. They gave away a GH poster with purchase. Deluxe version was on sale for $16.99. There were also smaller adverts for the convention and the SATH shows.

I'm thinking of giving my friend the UK deluxe version of the Greatest Hits because she's an anglophile and my date for the gig at the Hollywood Bowl. However, she was somewhat disgusted by Mozzer's furry arse piccy. Still, she thought the sound quality was fantastic for the Hollywood Bowl gig bonus disc. She doesn't care about THPGU, so I think the UK version will be fine for her (UK version doesn't have it whereas US version has THPGU on the bonus disc).

...on sale at the Virgin Megastores. They gave away a GH poster with purchase. Deluxe version was on sale for $16.99.

Bloody 'ell

I paid seventeen quid (in Zavvi - the re-branded Virgin megastore in the UK) - that's about $30 I think? No poster either :sick:

I bought it last week. I mostly bought it for the arse picture and the Hollywood Bowl disc. I listened to the actual Greatest Hits disc once. It's not that it's not good, its Morrissey, but most of those songs are pretty overplayed for me, with the exception of AYNIM. I like the Hollywood Bowl disc, and thought it is a bonus, I wish it were a bit longer!

It's not going to sell well if they don't put it in the stores! I was at Borders again last night, and again saw only the regular version. Last time I was there it was on the top right corner of a standalone display slatwall, but last night it had been moved down to the bottom row to make room for REM. I took the stack of Moz and moved it to a promininent spot on the second row.

HOWEVER, still no deluxe version. Their computers say they have it, but it was nowhere to be found. I hope they have sold them all, and it's not mouldering in the stock room because nobody bothered to see that there are two versions.

Morrissey Greatest Hits

Anyone buy the Greatest Hits album yet? There's a tracklist on morrissey.imeem.com.

What'd ya think? I still need to get my copy.

--------------------
Alex

"I've never intended to be controversial but it's very easy to be controversial in pop music because nobody ever is." - Morrissey - umgd

Back
Top Bottom