Uncut magazine looks at Morrissey's albums and unreleased songs

Ugly Devil

Morrissey Albums
Morrisseyalbums.jpg

Unreleased Songs
Morrisseyalbums2.jpg

Very interesting - thanks for posting

Does anyone actually have "I Know Who I Love" or "Kit" (the full version, not the instrumental)? I haven't heard those before.

I'd have to say that the assessment of the albums is *almost* spot on, but I would have given Maladjusted a *** and Southpaw a **. And Years Of Refusal is a *** too.

v interesting. many thanks for posting. never knew where the Kill Uncle title came from.
the ratings do indeed seem quite fair although I'd agree that Southpaw and Mala should have their scores reversed. I also think Kill Uncle deserves more.
really hope YOR is worth 4 stars...

Does anyone actually have "I Know Who I Love" or "Kit" (the full version, not the instrumental)? I haven't heard those before.

I'd have to say that the assessment of the albums is *almost* spot on, but I would have given Maladjusted a *** and Southpaw a **. And Years Of Refusal is a *** too.

Well someone somewhere has them, as this critic has heard copies
of them. If they're never gonna be released officially,
(as the case seems) someone should upload/leak them.
It seems a waste having these great tunes gathering dust somewhere.

:confused:

...It seems a waste having these great tunes gathering dust somewhere.

Agreed. Following from the main page article, if Moz is indeed thinking of calling it a day in the near future, maybe we will have our wish and all these rarities will be rounded up in one nice little box set? :D

Mind you, retiring or not, they should be released!

Well, most of them have been leaked already. I already have "Striptease With A Difference," "Oh, Phoney," "Honey, You Know Where To Find Me," "Born To Hang," but "I Know Who I Love" and "Kit" have eluded me. I figured maybe someone here has them and wants to show a poor withered old Comtesse some love?

very interesting. i'd love to hear these tracks.
people have been asking for 'kit' for ages, now we can add 'i know who i love' to the list.
i want to hear them!

if anyone can up this instrumental version of kit (i'm assuming it's not the live boz version) please do.
thanks.

very interesting. i'd love to hear these tracks.
people have been asking for 'kit' for ages, now we can add 'i know who i love' to the list.
i want to hear them!

if anyone can up this instrumental version of kit (i'm assuming it's not the live boz version) please do.
thanks.

Does anyone know if the upcoming "Maladjusted" remaster will include these two tracks? I mean how else did this magazine get a listen to finished versions of these two rare tracks both written during the "Maladjusted" period? Just a conspiracy theory.

If anyone can get them, it's Mr. Reynolds. Paging Mr. Reynolds to this thread!:)

P.S. Three stars for YATQ? WTF? It might not be his best album, but it is at least a four star album.:mad:

Does anyone know if the upcoming "Maladjusted" remaster will include these two tracks? I mean how else did this magazine get a listen to finished versions of these two rare tracks both written during the "Maladjusted" period? Just a conspiracy theory.

If anyone can get them, it's Mr. Reynolds. Paging Mr. Reynolds to this thread!:)

P.S. Three stars for YATQ? WTF? It might not be his best album, but it is at least a four star album.:mad:

there's been no talk of the remaster including new songs so, at this point, I'd assume not.
I actually reckon 3 stars is generous for who ate me curry; it's only got two decent songs! the b-sides, of course, are a different matter...

Morrissey Albums
Morrisseyalbums.jpg

Unreleased Songs
Morrisseyalbums2.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is about a year or so old now, I definitely remember reading this stuff somewhere before. Isn't it from that Uncut magazine with a blue colour-washed picture of The Smiths on the front...?

I know I have absoutely definitely read the "5 Unreleased Morrissey Songs" bit before.

it has been out before , it was in the last issue with morrissey on the cover when he was in rome and interviewed by paul morley

Yeah its from a few years ago isn't it? Moz was on the cover with a fake tear. It was around the time I was starting to buy his stuff. (after first hearing of him with the Quarry singles). The album guide was the first time I had seen the titles of any of his previous solo releases...it was all very exciting :cool: :D

Yeah its from a few years ago isn't it? Moz was on the cover with a fake tear. It was around the time I was starting to buy his stuff. (after first hearing of him with the Quarry singles). The album guide was the first time I had seen the titles of any of his previous solo releases...it was all very exciting :cool: :D

Ah yes, that was it. I remember thinking the actual content of the article was recycled old shite, but the pictures that went with it were quite good. I had the one of Morrissey, arms out-stretched like Jesus on the cross with the light shining down on him on my wall for ages. Good old days.

there's been no talk of the remaster including new songs so, at this point, I'd assume not.
I actually reckon 3 stars is generous for who ate me curry; it's only got two decent songs! the b-sides, of course, are a different matter...

WHAT!? I know music is subjective, but there isn't a bad song on the album (IMO) AND generated four singles. AWESOME!!!!

1. "America Is Not the World" – 4:03 (Morrissey/Whyte)
2. "Irish Blood, English Heart" – 2:37 (Morrissey/Whyte)
3. "I Have Forgiven Jesus" – 3:41 (Morrissey/Whyte)
4. "Come Back to Camden" – 4:14 (Morrissey/Boorer)
5. "I'm Not Sorry" – 4:41 (Morrissey/Boorer)
6. "The World Is Full of Crashing Bores" – 3:51 (Morrissey/Boorer)
7. "How Can Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel?" – 3:25 (Morrissey/Whyte)
8. "First of the Gang to Die" – 3:38 (Morrissey/Whyte)
9. "Let Me Kiss You" – 3:30 (Morrissey/Whyte)
10. "All the Lazy Dykes" – 3:31 (Morrissey/Whyte)
11. "I Like You" – 4:11 (Morrissey/Boorer)
12. "You Know I Couldn't Last" – 5:51 (Morrissey/Whyte/Day)
:guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar:

Ah yes, that was it. I remember thinking the actual content of the article was recycled old shite, but the pictures that went with it were quite good. I had the one of Morrissey, arms out-stretched like Jesus on the cross with the light shining down on him on my wall for ages. Good old days.

I've still got the pic that looked like it was framed on my wall. I didn't put it up straight away as I felt I had grown out of the poster stage, but I got a few more wall-worthy pics, and theres just something about Morrissey that needs displaying :)
The rest of the article I've since sent to a friend.
It was all new to me then, even if it was recycled rubbish...I was loving it :D

WHAT!? I know music is subjective, but there isn't a bad song on the album (IMO) AND generated four singles. AWESOME!!!!

Talking of which, does anyone else remember when 'I Like You' was going to be a US only release? The rumour at the time was that 'Home Is A Question Mark' was going to be the b-side. Wonder whatever happened to that release?

Peter

Oh I don't know about that. "America Is Not the World" and "How Can Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel?" are pretty atrocious - among the worst things he's ever done. "All the Lazy Dykes" and "You Know I Couldn't Last" are pretty mediocre as well. But the rest are good songs - with a few great ones. I think it probably warranted a ***1/2 rating, at the most.

Back
Top Bottom