Top Of The Shops

Where do you do your shopping?

• Total voters

Mozzer's Left Eyebrow

Yes, I Am Pined
Don't, that title took me six minutes to think up.

Me, I'm a big fan of Sainsburys although I did get the hump over seeing Jamie Oliver's gurning mug every time I went in there for a pint of milk - I think they sacked him now.:) I like it in there though and they have quite a good vegetarian selection as well. There's a Lidl up the road and you can get decent stuff in there sometimes (ie booze) but generally it's a shithouse and the tills are a bit disorganised. We've also got an Iceland (dire) and Waitrose too, which is nice, but I'm not made of money.

So my question is: where do you do the bulk of your shopping? Feel free to have a supermarket bitchfest here as well. (Apologies to non-UK people, but do take part in the excitement if you wish.)

Last edited:
Don't, that title took me six minutes to think up.

Me, I'm a big fan of Sainsburys although I did get the hump over seeing Jamie Oliver's gurning mug every time I went in there for a pint of milk - I think they sacked him now.:) I like it in there though and they have quite a good vegetarian selection as well. There's a Lidl up the road and you can get decent stuff in there sometimes (ie booze) but generally it's a shithouse and the tills are a bit disorganised. We've also got an Iceland (dire) and Waitrose too, which is nice, but I'm not made of money.

So my question is: where do you do the bulk of your shopping? Feel free to have a supermarket bitchfest here as well. (Apologies to non-UK people, but feel free to take part in the excitement if you wish.)

Well, I'm not in the U.K. but the BEST (most expensive place) is Whole Foods. They have an AMAZING tea selection. But I usually shop at Albertson's, also good, and Vons.

Tescos, Lidl, Mozzys... I do the lot.
Meat eaters: Do NOT buy a chicken from Lidl. That is all.

Surely you mean stainsburys. ;)

i used to be a big fan of boots until i found the same stuff cheaper at Tesco. I feel in love with the huge Tesco in Cardiff last time I was in the UK.

Speaking of, I'm out of this, can somebody send me some for Xmas? ;-p
0224603_m.jpg

Well, I'm not in the U.K. but the BEST (most expensive place) is Whole Foods. .

I love Whole Foods too. But Trader Joes is my 2nd home.

Now that I think about it, TJs has a new tea tree and mint body wash that is almost as good as Original Source.

Last edited:
How do you use that without choking?:eek: (it's so strong:o)

Oh and they've stopped selling it, I think ... sorry.

Just a little dab will do ya. I'm bummed if it's no longer available. What excuse do I have to visit the UK now? :(

I'm a Waitrose shopper....They have milk in pouches!....POUCHES!!! :eek:

I'm a Waitrose shopper....They have milk in pouches!....POUCHES!!! :eek:

I saw those in Sainburys the other day but I'm still confused as to how this works. Doesn't the milk go all blee in the jug?

tescos gets most of our business but Mrsc and I are growing our own organic vegetables in the garden - spinach, garlic, rocket, peppers, tomatoes, beans.....might save us a few quid....

I love Waitrose but I'd never do a weekly shop there. They stock a lot of Duchy Originals stuff and their own chocolate is great. Although Tesco Ecuadorian 39% cocoa is amazing.

Overall Sainsbury's offers the best value.

Tags
christian rocks
Back
Top Bottom