Tiny Tim – Lost & Found 1963-1974 (2011)

The Seeker of Good Songs

Tiny Tim
was born Herbert Khaury in 1930s New York. He’s best known for his incredible repertoire of vintage American popular music sung in myriad guises, from women to old men, most notably his falsetto interpretations of classics such as ‘Tiptoe Through The Tulips’ and old Tin Pan Alley tunes. Lost & Found 1963-1974 collects 17 rare and previously unreleased songs recorded between 1963-1974, from ‘Maggie May’ repositioning Rod as an old man to a blues-style cover of Vernon Dalehart’s ‘The Prisoner’s Song’ (1924), an arresting cover of classic 1800 folk tune ‘Little Girl (In The Pines)’ and a demented cut of ‘If I Had A Talking Picture Of You’ from the musical ‘Sunny Side Up’, which was coincidentally funded by Milton Glaser aka the guy who designed…

mp3 VBR~224 kbps | 79 MB | FSo | US | DF | UL | FSe
…the I Heart New York T-shirt. Like the best art, Tim treads an ambiguous line between novelty and genius, and if you’ve never heard of him before, prepare to p*ss yourself laughing while staring at the speakers in bafflement.
“I listened to this album absolutely entranced. Tiny’s genius is, I have always felt, utterly indescribable. Bizarre, devastatingly real, funny, sad—this album shows Tiny Tim as the emotionally naked and inspired innocent he was.What a remarkable man and artist, revealed as even more remarkable by this glorious and gorgeous album. ” – David Tibet (Current 93)
A1 If I Had a Talking Picture Of You
A2 Sunshine
A3 April Showers
A4 The Ballad of Attica Prison (Whispering Voices)
A5 Ever Since You Told Me That You Loved Me (I’m A Nut)
A6 Delilah
A7 I Ain’t Got No Money (No Tengo Dinero)
A8 Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes
A9 Maggie May
B1 Me & The Man On the Moon
B2 Alice Blue Gown
B3 Can’t Help But Wonder (Where I’m Bound)
B4 Little Girl (In The Pines)
B5 My True Love
B6 The Prisoner’s Song
B7 The Old Front Porch
B8 When You & I Were Young, Maggie

from: http://exystence.net/blog/2011/12/22/tiny-tim-lost-found-1963-1974-2011/

Back
Top Bottom