Ticketmaster.sg: Singapore cancelled 'due to technical issues and reasons beyond our control'

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-04 at 11.22.05 AM.jpeg

[CANCELLED] Morrissey: 40 Years of Morrissey in Singapore - ticketmaster.sg

Excerpt:

MORRISSEY: 40 YEARS OF MORRISEY IN SINGAPORE

CANCELLATION NOTICE

Due to technical issues and reasons beyond our control, we regret to announce that Morrissey: 40 Years of Morrissey in Singapore slated for 9 November 2023 at The Star Theatre will no longer take place.

Fans who have purchased tickets will receive a full refund from Ticketmaster through the original mode of payment. It could take up to 40 business days for refunds to be processed. Please contact Ticketmaster via https://help.ticketmaster.sg or call +65 3158 8588 for further refund enquiries.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding.

Related item:

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
after you have typed all that negativity,and yet you still come here,like so many of your brethren,you hate the man but still show up here,that is mental.
Why do you always assume that people with a negative view of Morrissey hate him, I am negative about certain aspects of what he does just like I am with other artists but it doesn't mean I hate him/them.

Well, it’s me posting from my own personal account. Obviously it’s my opinion?

It’s without a doubt his worst ever string of albums. Musically and lyrically it’s never been so dour. His completely lost his lyrical abilities and his depth and wit. But I’m not talking about just the artistic. It’s the many cancellations. The political controversies. The pathetic handling of his career, including his many label conflicts. The weird health issues. The disintegration of the band. The embarrassing state of the website.

Deeply deluded, North Korean-esque yes-men like yourself and some of the people in his inner circle aren’t helping. Morrissey is a fantastic artist in dire need of help. Repeating that everything is great is terribly destructive.
Hear. here 👏

I don't see any rule on this board that all posts about Morrissey must be positive. This is a place to discuss him, whatever your opinion. I don't think it's out of bounds or inappropriate to criticize his constant cancelations, whether you were a ticket holder or not. There aren't many positive things to say about him these days, and it's been that way for a long time.

Well, it’s me posting from my own personal account. Obviously it’s my opinion?

It’s without a doubt his worst ever string of albums. Musically and lyrically it’s never been so dour. His completely lost his lyrical abilities and his depth and wit. But I’m not talking about just the artistic. It’s the many cancellations. The political controversies. The pathetic handling of his career, including his many label conflicts. The weird health issues. The disintegration of the band. The embarrassing state of the website.

Deeply deluded, North Korean-esque yes-men like yourself and some of the people in his inner circle aren’t helping. Morrissey is a fantastic artist in dire need of help. Repeating that everything is great is terribly destructive.
But you say that like it's a bad thing.

I don't see any rule on this board that all posts about Morrissey must be positive. This is a place to discuss him, whatever your opinion. I don't think it's out of bounds or inappropriate to criticize his constant cancelations, whether you were a ticket holder or not. There aren't many positive things to say about him these days, and it's been that way for a long time.

I thought you'd know it was an unwritten rule, and that all posts HAD to be positive. Doh, where you been!

i heard all of the equipment is held up in customs
Why do you think the equipment would be stopped at Customs, klaus? Is there a strike, or has something objectionable been found in the cargo?

But you say that like it's a bad thing.

I don’t know why people still believe he reads the posts on solo. I don’t believe he does. I mean, Morrissey’s weird, but he’s not crazy.
So why would the positive solo posts be detrimental to him if he’s not even aware of them?

of the 8 times I've had tickets to see him, he's performed 7 great shows.

and I bet he does read here, hi Morrissey! love & thanks!

Even if he deigns to show up, he's walked off stage and left a few songs
Oh, wow New Member, thanks for that bit of advice
My thoughts exactly. If this 'new member' truly believes that it was technical issues, then they are one that needs to get a grip. Or a brain. The simple and responsible thing to do would be to send out a formal message of apology and what the issues were/are. But it's one thing to 'bend' the truth vs out right lie. Because then you are held accountable. Morrissey is my favorite artist, and personality for over 30 years. He's never done the right thing. Narcissists lack the part of their brain that allow them to feel for other's feelings. A great artist. A great musician. A very large part of my life. But not a very good human being...unless. you are an animal.

Be well all....

after you have typed all that negativity,and yet you still come here,like so many of your brethren,you hate the man but still show up here,that is mental.
I don’t hate him. Why feel the need to make shit up? I love him, like I’ve said many times before, but I hate the way his career is being handled (by himself and others) and I think the lion’s share of his music from these past ten years has been subpar to say the least. But I love him for everything he and his music has done for me in the past. And he and his fans are wildly fascinating.

You and a few others here seem completely oblivious to the fact that you CAN be critical of Moz when needed and still love him and be a fan. You remind me of Kim Jong Un’s yes-men or members of some cult. I swear, you will not be punished for uttering a few critical words about Moz.

I don’t hate him. Why feel the need to make shit up? I love him, like I’ve said many times before, but I hate the way his career is being handled (by himself and others) and I think the lion’s share of his music from these past ten years has been subpar to say the least. But I love him for everything he and his music has done for me in the past. And he and his fans are wildly fascinating.

You and a few others here seem completely oblivious to the fact that you CAN be critical of Moz when needed and still love him and be a fan. You remind me of Kim Jong Un’s yes-men or members of some cult. I swear, you will not be punished for uttering a few critical words about Moz.
did you wait till i appeared here before you typed this,your like a stalker hiding in the bushes overlooking the student nurses dorms waiting to pounce at any moment.
lets breakdown your post yesterday.
worst string of albums ever-in your opinion.
lyrics lack wit-if you break your leg dont come running to me.
cancellations-every artist cancels,even taylor swift.
politics-he is entitled to his opinion like you or me.
health issues-nothing to do with you or me.
the band-do you still work with the same people from years ago,it becomes stale and people move on..
label conflict-there is hardly an artist alive or dead who have not had label conflict,prince,george michael,taylor swift.bryan ferry,the clash,tlc,joss stone,lou reed,backstreet boys.

Last edited:
did you wait till i appeared here before you typed this,your like a stalker hiding in the bushes overlooking the student nurses dorms waiting to pounce at any moment.
lets breakdown your post yesterday.
worst string of albums ever-in your opinion.
lyrics lack wit-if you break your leg dont come running to me.
cancellations-every artist cancels,even taylor swift.
politics-he is entitled to his opinion like you or me.
health issues-nothing to do with you or me.
the band-do you still work with the same people from years ago,it becomes stale and people move on..
label conflict-there is hardly an artist alive or dead who have not had label conflict,prince,george michael,taylor swift.bryan ferry,the clash,tlc,joss stone,lou reed,backstreet boys.
Huh? You wrote to me, remember?

Like I said, of course it’s my opinion. One that many share, but still my opinion.

Far from the classic Morrissey wit. More like cynical and lacking empathy.

Every artist cancels shows, sure, but no one more frequently than Morrissey and most give reasonable explanations for doing so.

He is entitled to his political opinions, but they’ve derailed his career.

His health issues have nothing to do with you or me, that’s correct, but these constant (obscure) illnesses are a liability.

There are obviously issues within the band. As witnessed by Alain. And have been in the past as well.

Many artists have conflicts with their labels, but no one more frequently than Moz. You know this.

Again, you act like a cult member. Why do you think it’s better to claim that everything is perfect than to just address the issues and acknowledge that they’re real?

Or maybe, just maybe their equipment is stuck in customs and they are actually unable to play?!?!?

Or maybe, just maybe their equipment is stuck in customs and they are actually unable to play?!?!?

That’s just conjecture. If that’s the reason, they should say so. Why make it so mysterious? It’s frustrating.

I absolutely have no idea why this cancellation happened and we could only speculate as always but wouldn't be Morrissey the first person to point the finger, if someone else caused his cancellation, especially if it was a government agency?

I absolutely have no idea why this cancellation happened and we could only speculate as always but wouldn't be Morrissey the first person to point the finger, if someone else caused his cancellation, especially if it was a government agency?

Exactly and crying about censorship!

Huh? You wrote to me, remember?

Like I said, of course it’s my opinion. One that many share, but still my opinion.

Far from the classic Morrissey wit. More like cynical and lacking empathy.

Every artist cancels shows, sure, but no one more frequently than Morrissey and most give reasonable explanations for doing so.

He is entitled to his political opinions, but they’ve derailed his career.

His health issues have nothing to do with you or me, that’s correct, but these constant (obscure) illnesses are a liability.

There are obviously issues within the band. As witnessed by Alain. And have been in the past as well.

Many artists have conflicts with their labels, but no one more frequently than Moz. You know this.

Again, you act like a cult member. Why do you think it’s better to claim that everything is perfect than to just address the issues and acknowledge that they’re real?
in the same way you can say everything has been horrific in the last 10 years,an over the top statement and you know it.

in the same way you can say everything has been horrific in the last 10 years,an over the top statement and you know it.
I truly think that his career has been horrific this past decade. Especially when you know what it could be.

He could have recruited Blossoms, done a Smiths Classics tour, and raked the money in.
But, no.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom