Thur 28th Brixton also off

Moz Boorer

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I have been informed by a good source Ian Gibbs in the UK road crew that the whole tour is being postponed until Oct/November.

Re: Brixton Off Also

Not being cynical, but what a surprise he did his 50th birthday Manchester gigs and then phoned in sick. Lightweight northerner.

Re: Brixton also postponed

The whole UK tour or the entire one?

Do we know whats specifically wrong with him?

I'm gutted as i've never seen Moz live,but I guess I'll jsut have to wait. He's ill - nothing can be done. Hopefully he sorts out whatever the problem is.

Last edited:

Wow, good decision as something is seriously wrong, but a shocker none the less. So what is going to happen to the European dates if this is true?

Thanks.

Will there be an official announcement any time soon that you know of?

I'm afraid I'll need more info than that to believe you. Not being rude, you're talking about something rather serious now since it's an entire summer of dates we're talking about. Let's just wait and not panic.

I'm afraid I'll need more info than that to believe you. Not being rude, you're talking about something rather serious now since it's an entire summer of dates we're talking about. Let's just wait and not panic.

Indeed. I personally think they are still not sure.

If it was already decided that these would be cancelled there's no reason why they can't announce it now

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I have been informed by a good source Ian Gibbs in the UK road crew that the whole tour is being postponed until Oct/November.

I truly do hopes so cause it probably means that.
1. I get to see him here in Sweden since I'm elsewhere when he comes in June.
2. His voice will be in top trim.
3. The setlist may be new and better.
4. He'll light up the dark swedish autumn.

I'm with you mate, a source that is named is enough for me. The management haven't even been contacting the venues to alert fans of cancellations before it has broken on here. But tbh I did not expect a full cancellation of the remaining UK tour, I thought he would just struggle through it.

this is the current status of Doll & the Kicks Facebook;

Doll and The Kicks Aftershow party at the Dogstar in Brixton on Friday night. It's 200m from the Academy and we'll be DJ'ing form 11.30. Free entry for anyone who has a ticket stub from the gig.

Oh no. I feel bad for a mate of mine, he was excited as he got a ticket for Friday Morrissey...i felt i was raining on his parade when i said keep an eye out of a cancellation.
No-one wants to see Moz on less than 100% form though. Plus the media dogs are always too willing to jump on the man. So, get well Mozzer, have a good summer and we'll see you when it's cold and dark :)

Better than making none at all though, innit. I feel really sorry for everyone who hasn't been able to see him.

Is this serious?

I quickly spoke to Ian again and he has been told that he has been advsied by the doctors to have a minimum of two weeks off or risk permanent damage to the throat.

So for the European dates who knows ?

I will be intolerable company if this is true. I have only recently been able to talk about the Roundhouse experience after having Friday, Saturday and Sunday night tickets. Salisbury yesterday and Brixton on Friday. God help anyone who has to associate with me for the next month.

Back
Top Bottom