This is Morrissey: An Interview by Fiona Dodwell - Tremr

June 5, 2018

Excerpt:

When I penned my recent piece, 'Morrissey: The Great Unfiltered Artist' it was my aim to shine a light on somebody who I felt was at times misunderstood, and to attempt to question what we were 'sold to believe' (as I feel we always must when faced with a heavily biased media). Morrissey very kindly agreed to an interview with me. I came away from his responses having a greater sense of the man himself, and of where he was coming from - his words often insightful, at times humorous but always honest. For that, I thank him.

Here is the interview in full.

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've mentioned this on many occasions. There is absolutely zero proof he had cancer, he just let the impression that he had whoosh by.

You? Repetitive, spiteful and spreading gossip based on bitter speculation? I'm shocked!

The following interview with Morrissey was unearthed this morning.
It's from a magazine called "Nuffink" and the interviewer is one Nick O'Teene.
It's available for publication as it's a sample interview with 21st century Morrissey, that is to say: always the same shit.

*SPOOF*

Question: Morrissey, your new album sounds amazing, it really is up there with your best work.
Morrissey: Well, you know. You live and then you die. We try. Some people keep thinking that it will always be 1985 for me. They haven't even heard the new album. And yet, as you said, it does rate among my best work.

Q: Why do you reckon some of the reviews were so harsh?
M: It's always the same. Have‐a‐go‐at‐Morrisey seems to be the media's only objective. To destroy me, to put me down. Before they haven't even heard the record. They don't even notice that 32 people bought Low In High School on purple vinyl. It would have propelled me to number 1 had it not been for the downloads.
But what can I say? I'm used to it. Life's full of snakes and ladders. I just plough on.

Q: Why is music so unchallenging these days?
M: This is why the record companies handle me with caution, and radio stations get the bargepole out. They are just content with the latest product Britain's Got Talent will churn out this week. And next week. And next month. Forever. And in the meantime, I am the only one who's got something to say, who doesn't conform with today's mainstream opinions. Look at my lyrics from Low In High School: "When you open your legs/ Everything I know deserts me now"...or "

Summer is winter and winter prevails/ And I'm so tired of counting the days".
Positively compelling stuff. Journalists know lyrics like them are revolutionary. They are afraid of the danger posed by words with such depth. Radios know it's too meaningful for today's standards. And so they ban me, and they persecute me, they conspire against me, and they just stick with the next boring singer with nothing to say.
But it doesn’t bother me that much. Knock Morrissey has been teh thing to do since 1984.

Q: What about the Smiths? Does it bother you that people talk about them?
M: For some people it will always be "All Tomorrow's Parties" while I'm here doing "Vicious" or "Berlin".We were ok in the 80s. But it's not my fault if my most exceptional work came out after the lawnmower parts were changed.

Q: What about politics? For years you've been persecuted, saying that your words were misconstrued to make you sound you are flirting with far‐right views...
M: Indeed. Another conspiracy against me. I mean, they’ve been saying I’m a racist and that couldn’t be further from the truth. How could I be a racist if I’ve used pictures of black people on posters?
I mean, look at Tommy Robinson and the way he’s been demonised. He’s only a former BNP member and leader of the English Defense League. Poor him. He was only filming a court case with the minor risk of havin the whole thing declared null and void with a dozen kiddiefiddlers potentially released as a result. All a conspiracy, natch. And I’ve only supported a party called “For Britain” funded by UKIP rejects that even Nigel Farage dubbed as “nazis”. And “For Britain” only calls for a total halt to immigration. And I only said that Marine Le Pen, the leader of the Front National in France was unfairly depicted during last year’s French election. And I’ve only said that Sadi Khan can’t speak English properly. And I’ve only being using the expression Loonie Leftie, which is what rampant right wingers used to use in the 80s and 90s to criticise anyone who’d object to Section 28, homophobia, racism, Thatcherism, and such things.

Q: But you're not a racist.
M: No.

Bungalow.

:straightface:
W T F??

we have one nutjob here who SPEAKS ON BEHALF OF ALL ART:swear but do we have
one that speaks on BEHALF OF ALL TRAGIC COMEDY??:censored:

If so please identify yourself, and take responsibility for the above written comedic abomination.:whip:

I see that c*** Thewlis is working overtime marking every anti-moz anti-racist post down tonight. Well f*** you, and enjoy your new racist reality, you scumbag bigot-enabler.
To draw a linear between liking someone’s music, and being racist themselves is numbskullery of the highest order. I really used to think better of you. You give liberal people a very bad name.

NME's contribution:

Morrissey elaborates on support of For Britain party, says treatment of EDL founder Tommy Robinson is ‘shocking’

http://www.nme.com/news/music/morri...dia-treatment-tommy-robinson-shameful-2333438

Currently #7 trending on UK Twitter too:

20180606_155532.jpg

Also, his words have quickly appeared on FB attached to this:

FB_IMG_1528297522922.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
I see that c*** Thewlis is working overtime marking every anti-moz anti-racist post down tonight. Well f*** you, and enjoy your new racist reality, you scumbag bigot-enabler.
Wow. Foaming at the mouth. Have a lie down, mate. And then: move the f*** on. Stop spending so much time on this so-called "racist's" fan page. Cherish your life, you only get one shot. I reckon.

Personally, I'm no fan of any of these alt-right/extreme right parties that are popping up across the world right now. Frankly I find them vulgar and frightening and I can not see myself voting for any other party besides the left. But these views of Moz' aren't new. Why are you all getting so worked up? He's felt this way most of his life. Remember Bengali in Platforms? Remember that interview from 1992? Remember the skinhead flirtations? His life long romanticism of a long lost England?

Before, there weren't any social media and the PC wasn't as omnipresent. That has changed. But Moz hasn't changed - and he will not change.

Let us also remember the many times he has vehemently denied racist accusations and denounced racism and fascism. Remember his passionate love for cultures other than his own. For people of all kinds of nationalities (incl most of his backing band and his own family).

I'm not saying I'm right, I'm simply shedding light on well known facts. I'm not saying Moz is right (or wrong), he's simply expressing his opinions - just like he always has. And as usual, they're not common taste. But please, stop tearing your hair at the roots. Channel that energy into something worthwhile instead. Go out there and rally or whatnot. There's work to be done.

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/does-morrissey-dislike-asians.71268/page-2

Way back in 2007, and what does Skinny say about such an idea?
"
"The furthest I'm prepared to comment on this subject is by saying what a daft thread".(another poster)

Agreed. Silly indeed.

Peter "

Funny how things can change,eh ?

Skinny, i get you hate racists,i really do BUT perhaps your way of engaging with those 'racists' does more harm than good ? A reasoned debate and argument is the only way forward ,not just screaming your anger. It really doesn't help change things or the way people think.

I suggest listening to Stephen Fry on The Monk Debate

I've mentioned this on many occasions. There is absolutely zero proof he had cancer, he just let the impression that he had whoosh by.
It's actually very funny. Three times in that interview he has the chance to come clean and clarify, and three times he bottles it.
LK: I heard that you had cancer
Moz: [mumbles] iuzurhas been found.
LK: What kind?
Moz: um... B-barrett's
LK: you're not stage four, then?
Moz: er... no.

We can expect his next interview to defend Roseanne is his usual weaselly way, criticising 'how she's been treated' and not dwelling on what she did and said.

Andy and Marr sure would be happy for appearing in that ad. Maybe people should indeed separate Morrissey from his "Laughing Gnome", because all those Smiths photos that are posted all the time in articles on his current statements are irrelevant to the legacy of The Smiths.

June 5, 2018

Excerpt:

When I penned my recent piece, 'Morrissey: The Great Unfiltered Artist' it was my aim to shine a light on somebody who I felt was at times misunderstood, and to attempt to question what we were 'sold to believe' (as I feel we always must when faced with a heavily biased media). Morrissey very kindly agreed to an interview with me. I came away from his responses having a greater sense of the man himself, and of where he was coming from - his words often insightful, at times humorous but always honest. For that, I thank him.

Here is the interview in full.

Related item:
Couldn’t even get to the end. Softball interview is a joke. Moz so desperately wants open dialog or debate but won’t ever be interviewed by someone who will challenge him. Coward. And anyhow he’s no Vegan. He can’t even say it! What vegan do you know that won’t scream they are a vegan from the rooftops?! Definitely having cheese on that toast. Such a disappointment

I like you posts, are you on Twitter?
I agree he has now got past the point of no return
I think there was always a struggle with Moz he made it clear he didn't like people from Pakistan in those letters years ago but you got the impression he was trying to be good.
Over the years he lost the fight and now we are in a time where he is worse than trump
It must be hard for the Mexican fan base hating trump one minute loving a singer who's just like him the next.

The interviews are just like Trumps and Fox now, they are hand picked easy shows. This Last interview was just like the John Riggers one almost completely even the question structure.
It's sad really morrissey used to be interesting funny and clever but that was 19 years ago

Just look at the types who stick up for him on here the not very bright and the not very bright and racist. The idiot who says 'Peadostanis' as if all child abuse is from from Pakistani people. figures show in the uk it's mostly from white people.
That shows the kind of ignorance we ate dealing with.
Even if you look past it and think 'well I'm here for the songs and the old moz' and go to gigs who would want to stand around with those king George f***ers ?

The fact moz has gone nuclear on racism isn't even about saving the uk
It's about being bought by Israel. He done an lp where he loved Turkey and talked up the muslims got dropped from a label and then suddenly sings about Isreal and starts going on about far right thinking , it's obvious moz is now an Israeli shill like most of the media in the uk, The Spectator is known for having Zionist links - which is why they praise moz

It's also well known Israel fund far right groups,, of course they do far right groups are anti Muslim like them.
You have to wonder what will happen when the Muslims are gone and the aim goes back to jews.
It's now known Israel are making nuclear bombs for the Arabs, which shows all this is only about money and power.
It's amazing that the one thing morrissey had going for him was he was still an outsider a free thinker. Now he's just a shill even that's gone.
What a wast
Thank you. And no, I'm not. Yes, that just about sums it up: 'morrissey used to be interesting funny and clever but that was 19 years ago'.

Good to see you have a sense of humour :thumb:

Someone tell PEP to please not imitate my posting style. Please I dont want my stuff to get tragic.
Imitate Halal Butcher, you know 'crankfraud, crankfraud'.:grin:

Im also going to be eyeballing stuff to make sure she doesnt plagiarize her 'the last of the great British autistic novels' off my stuff.:eyes: Big eyeballs.:eyes:
Imitate one of the G23 chopping red onion posts but stay clear of my stuff, Im big about quality control.:kissingheart:

[QUOTE="Anonymous,
It's now known Israel are making nuclear bombs for the Arabs, [/QUOTE]

Crafty Jews.
Oh,where's your evidence ?

It's actually very funny. Three times in that interview he has the chance to come clean and clarify, and three times he bottles it.
LK: I heard that you had cancer
Moz: [mumbles] iuzurhas been found.
LK: What kind?
Moz: um... B-barrett's
LK: you're not stage four, then?
Moz: er... no.

When #Cancergate first emerged in the press, BBC North West news reported the headline that "Morrissey had revealed he was suffering from cancer".
I personally think that for him to just let it ride is quite sick. Understandably many fans lost sleep as if he was genuinely going to die.
He's a horrible little man and that's all there is to him. He deserves a punch on the cheek and I hope he gets it one day.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Tags
fiona dodwell this is morrissey info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom