"This Charming Morrissey – Gay Iconography" - Towleroad

This story was published earlier this month on Towleroad, a well-known gay news site.

I thought it would have made it to the front page by now.

This Charming Morrissey – Gay Iconography - Towleroad
by Bobby Hankinson
July 4, 2016 | 1:53pm

Excerpt:

There are certain commonalities shared across many of the big gay icons that come to mind. Our pop divas — like Gaga, Madonna and Cher, for example — thrive on over-the-top costuming and spectacle. Sex, excess and escapism are part of the appeal.

On the other end of the spectrum: Morrissey...

Last edited by a moderator:
i watched it, i watched it twice in fact, trying to see why midnite and morrisey think she's so great. but i just.. ugh. i just, i cant. everything about that video is atrocious nonsense.

She is a failure who lives in a fantasy that she is a relevant artist. Please place her music where it goes. The dust bin. lol

Is it because your Gay and you cant stand the fact that he likes a woman ? And not just any woman, one with a real touch of class about her ! :)

i watched it, i watched it twice in fact, trying to see why midnite and morrisey think she's so great. but i just.. ugh. i just, i cant. everything about that video is atrocious nonsense.

Thanks for watching rifke, at least you tried and we cant ask any more of you than that !
But try this one instead, listen 2 her vocals if you can , put your head phones on ....... loverly ! :)

If not I just about give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( Well In fact I will have another go !

IM REFUSING 2 LEAVE THE FORUM UNTILL JUSTICE IS DONE ! I could be here forever at this rate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Thanks for watching rifke, at least you tried and we cant ask any more of you than that !
But try this one instead, listen 2 her vocals if you can , put your head phones on ....... loverly ! :)

If not I just about give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( Well In fact I will have another go !

IM REFUSING 2 LEAVE THE FORUM UNTILL JUSTICE IS DONE ! I could be here forever at this rate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i like this one better, but im still not loving the sound. sorry midnite! i suppose it's possible that it may grow on me. i really like her look though, if that's any consolation.

i like this one better, but im still not loving the sound. sorry midnite! i suppose it's possible that it may grow on me. i really like her look though, if that's any consolation.

YES !!!!!! Its a start ! :)

ky class ? oh my. Hopefully one day the sun will rise for you midnite and you'll begin to see things more clearly.

I thought you wud be a fan ketamine sun, but never mind, seeing as its you your forgiven! sorry only kidding !
I have, a open mind and heart , thats all I or anyone needs 2 see things "clearly" I dont live by the laws rules and regulations imposed on society.
I refuse 2 be imprisoned within such walls !

Last edited:
Is it because your Gay and you cant stand the fact that he likes a woman ? And not just any woman, one with a real touch of class about her ! :)
I've already written about Kristeen Young and her expectations of Morrissey's audience. Her music is trash. She is lucky enough to have a sugar daddy with connections in her field and money to support her, because she obviously couldn't support herself.

I've already written about Kristeen Young and her expectations of Morrissey's audience. Her music is trash. She is lucky enough to have a sugar daddy with connections in her field and money to support her, because she obviously couldn't support herself.
:thumbsup:

Kristeen doesn't NEED morrisseys audience, why on earth should she ? shes a super star in her own rite!
Shouting disgusting verbal abuse at his opening act who he likes and making her almost cry on stage ? what sort of fans are these?
Respect...
Live and let live!
And yes Ive broke my own "rule" of not replying 2 anyone who gives me a redundant ratings oh and troll ratings now I note ! , keep it up!

Last edited:
This story is old but it goes on. Who cares if Moz prefers men, women or both? As long as it's between consensual adults then it's nobody's business. All I care about is if there's gonna be another album(s).
People obsessed with other people's orientation just have too much time on their idle hands.
Please point out one heterosexual celebrity where anyone has said, "who cares about their sexuality?"

Kristeen doesn't NEED morrisseys audience, why on earth should she ? shes a super star in her own rite!
Shouting disgusting verbal abuse at his opening act who he likes and making her almost cry on stage ? what sort of fans are these?
Respect...
Live and let live!
And yes Ive broke my own "rule" of not replying 2 anyone who gives me a redundant ratings oh and troll ratings now I note ! , keep it up!
She would have never played Madison Square Garden or hundreds of shows all over the world without 1 Morrissey asking her on tour, and 2 Tony Visconti's money to pay for her expenses because Morrissey sure didn't pay them, and her album sales sure didn't pay them. The only people who weren't supporting her delusions of being a star were the ones who matter, the audience.
:rofl::angry::laughing:

Shouting disgusting verbal abuse

You have perfectly described how I feel about her "music". I would describe her as a screeching owl, except that I would rather see a screeching owl for a half hour than be put through her noise pollution.

Please can we all just say that this singer is wonderful and amazing so that Midnite will finally f*** off of this forum?

Please can we all just say that this singer is wonderful and amazing so that Midnite will finally f*** off of this forum?

OK. She is the next Stevie Nicks. ;)

Only thing is I like Midnite because she fights through the troll ratings even if I mostly disagree with what she writes. Morrissey may be gay and he might be an icon, but he is no gay icon. Barbra, Cher, Liza, and Diana are the Usain Bolt of the gay icon Olympics. Moz would be lucky to medal.

Yes were well aware of what Kristeen said on stage live in concert but she didnt use the offensive graphic discriptions that u have here, and said so 2 the audience, as the audience was booing her and shouting disgracefull abuse at her shouting "get off the f***ing stage you f***ing pretender" ect so what do they expect !

But its not all a bed or roses In the music buieness, with exotic holidays, fast cars, wining and dining, nocturnal night time activites ect, far from it, a lot of hard work is needed 2 ya know!
Kristeen works hard at what she does, and deserves all the credit she gets, of course it comes easy and natural 2 her as she born 2 sing and make the wonderfull music that she does! :)

What is offensive about stating that a man likes to suck cocks? I do. I don't find anything offensive about that. Why does Morrissey?

What is offensive about stating that a man likes to suck cocks? I do. I don't find anything offensive about that. Why does Morrissey?

I gotta say Brummie you get a LOT of action whereas I have been in a self imposed celibacy for going on ten years. My sex drive has run out of gas and left me stranded on the side of the road.

I believe I read you mentioned the use of rent boys and that you are/were married with children. I find this juxtaposition very interesting. A straight marriage, and gay anonymous sex. You seem to be living two separate sexual lives.

You are obviously closely in touch with your feelings and emotions, and your observations regarding Morrissey's struggle with his heterosexual upbringing against his homoerotic fixations are astute. I think this grain of sand in his self/shell is what produced the pearl of his lyrical mastery of human emotions.

But it is one thing to write about how one feels or should act and quite another to live in or up to those words. You have pointed out quite successfully the gap between the two as it relates to Moz.

And this is why he falls short of being considered iconic. An icon has an inner strength to stay true to one's self and offers a natural inclusiveness of emotion, spirit and talent that draws others to their truth. Morrissey is definitely talented, but his lack of truthfulness leaves him short of ever achieving icon status.

I think you hit the nail on the head and sound reasoning, top shelf. The evidence of this is created by Morrissey, no poster here can sell a lie,we can only see it and say it.

I gotta say Brummie you get a LOT of action whereas I have been in a self imposed celibacy for going on ten years. My sex drive has run out of gas and left me stranded on the side of the road.

I believe I read you mentioned the use of rent boys and that you are/were married with children. I find this juxtaposition very interesting. A straight marriage, and gay anonymous sex. You seem to be living two separate sexual lives.

You are obviously closely in touch with your feelings and emotions, and your observations regarding Morrissey's struggle with his heterosexual upbringing against his homoerotic fixations are astute. I think this grain of sand in his self/shell is what produced the pearl of his lyrical mastery of human emotions.

But it is one thing to write about how one feels or should act and quite another to live in or up to those words. You have pointed out quite successfully the gap between the two as it relates to Moz.

And this is why he falls short of being considered iconic. An icon has an inner strength to stay true to one's self and offers a natural inclusiveness of emotion, spirit and talent that draws others to their truth. Morrissey is definitely talented, but his lack of truthfulness leaves him short of ever achieving icon status.

I think you hit the nail on the head and sound reasoning, top shelf. The evidence of this is created by Morrissey, no poster here can sell a lie,we can only see it and say it.

I believe I coined the term mozbot. I did so for just this reason. Those that cannot accept the truth for what it is have drunk the cool aid.

Stepping over facts and truths to arrive at one's own own projection and ideal of how they wished he would be in reality is robotic. Do what I say and not what I do is the mantra they follow blindly and without thought. Separating his talent from his humanity does not compute for mozbots.

Come to think of it...following blindly and without thought brings to mind someone often mentioned on these boards... Heil Morrissey! It appears.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom