These Charming Men-The Village, Dublin-Tuesday 28/12/10

Yes, I'd almost forgotten the switch from the old Button Factory venue. Grogan's might be better, in that case, but not much. Whelan's bar is grand. The way the day is going for me so far, I'll be lucky to get there at all. Anyway, hope everyone's buffing their dancing shoes for These Charming Men in Dublin's Village later. :)

I suppose we'll leave it for Brogan's so. Hope to see ye later. :)

Pre-gig venue changed to The Long Hall, if you manage to get in.

I remember that place, you and I had a couple of beers there. What struck me is how this place, a haunt of Moz, looks like the Dublin Castle in Camden, another ex-haunt of Moz. Just the colour-scheme, maybe.

P.

I remember that place, you and I had a couple of beers there. What struck me is how this place, a haunt of Moz, looks like the Dublin Castle in Camden, another ex-haunt of Moz. Just the colour-scheme, maybe.

P.

We did indeed. I have never been in the Dublin Castle, but I have been in Dublin Castle.
I will raise a glass to you tonight, Sir. :thumb:

We did indeed. I have never been in the Dublin Castle, but I have been in Dublin Castle.
I will raise a glass to you tonight, Sir. :thumb:

After earlier mishaps, sorry I couldn't raise one there with you. :)

For a man with the 'flu, the singing Charming Man never sounded better. The fancy-pants 5th Smith, young Gannon, earned his keep - he'll go far. We loved 'Nowhere Fast' and 'The Loop'. 'Some Girls...' garnered as many smiles as 'Girlfriend...' did, plus awe at the guitar-playing, like 'Bigmouth'. 'Shoplifters...' and ' Sister, I'm a Poet' brought out the gusto of the exuberant refusers, and 'The Boy with The Thorn...' tugged at the heart-strings, along with 'What Difference...'. The house was rocked with 'First of the Gang', 'Irish Blood', 'Hand in Glove', 'I Started Something...' and 'Still Ill'. So, even though I'm not finished, I trust that I have translated the vibes of the night that were much appreciated by a capacious, celebratory and damned good-looking crowd! :D

After earlier mishaps, sorry I couldn't raise one there with you. :)

For a man with the 'flu, the singing Charming Man never sounded better. The fancy-pants 5th Smith, young Gannon, earned his keep - he'll go far. We loved 'Nowhere Fast' and 'The Loop'. 'Some Girls...' garnered as many smiles as 'Girlfriend...' did, plus awe at the guitar-playing, like 'Bigmouth'. 'Shoplifters...' and ' Sister, I'm a Poet' brought out the gusto of the exuberant refusers, and 'The Boy with The Thorn...' tugged at the heart-strings, along with 'What Difference...'. The house was rocked with 'First of the Gang', 'Irish Blood', 'Hand in Glove', 'I Started Something...' and 'Still Ill'. So, even though I'm not finished, I trust that I have translated the vibes of the night that were much appreciated by a capacious, celebratory and damned good-looking crowd! :D

The Loop? First Of The Gang? A GANNON? What on earth have I missed?

P.

Back
Top Bottom