The Moz/Smiths Top 100, Part 47: GET OFF THE STAGE

How do you rate Get Off The Stage?

• Total voters
i like this song and wish he would perform it, live.

just for the irony.

i wonder why he doesn't

I actually do quite actually like this song, actually. Gave it a 7.
It's my favourite of the Morrissey/Rourke compositions although, frankly, that's not saying much!
Yes, Moz gave an interview once and said that he had the Rolling Stones in mind when he wrote it. I think the 'Stones' would've been approaching 50 at the time. Hmm!

I've always loved this one...and with Suggs backing remarks "Have You Seen Yourself recently?"....Very Tounge-In-Cheek...very clever....very witty

Can't decide if it's directed at Robert Smith (With your mascara....and your friendly guitar)...or a really silly old man (Mick Jagger)
Well, it definitely wasn't directed at Robert Smith - who is the about the same age as Moz! :rolleyes: He's not the only one who's ever worn makeup on stage either, you know! The Rolling Stones used to do it, for instance...

God, this Morrissey/Robert Smith thing has really been blown out of all proportions! :rolleyes:

It's my favourite of the Morrissey/Rourke compositions although, frankly, that's not saying much!
Yes, Moz gave an interview once and said that he had the Rolling Stones in mind when he wrote it. I think the 'Stones' would've been approaching 50 at the time. Hmm!

He named it last year in the True-to-you.net Q &A as one of his songs he's embarrassed by. He must have a different perspective on it now than at the time he was 30!!

I've always had a soft spot for the misguided trousers.

As they say about acting with children and dogs:

Don't write with junkies.

Words you splay will come back to haunt you, who is mightier now?

Now the Stones approach 150...I think they (Jagger, Richards, Wood) age expontionally now they Charlie Watts has retired...and they have young guys on Bass and Drums

This song has terrible music but the lyrics are so funny, I love it anyway. Although, I reckon some of those lines must hit a bit close to home these days. I gave it a 7.

I've never actually heard this song.

Back
Top Bottom