The 'I'm Going on Holiday Soon' Thread

raincoated lover

concrete sister
I'm going to Portugal tomorrow.

Have to leave at 5AM to drive to East Midlands airport for check in at 7.
Going for a week and have foolishly decided to pack the night before - have thus realised I am missing quite a few of the bare essentials/haven't converted my money.

It's gotten so desperate that I have infact had to empty my penny jar :)tears:) and plan to take it to Tesco tonight to put into that change machine thing they have and convert it into 'real' money.

Anyone else going anywhere nice soon?

(Oh, and I'm going to Paris at the start of August, it's all quite contintental :D)

I just got back from a week at Myrtle Beach. :guitar:
myrtle_beach.jpg

^^^
Enjoy your trip! I'm jealous.

I do however get to spend a week at Davis Park on Fire Island NY starting the 25th. So it's not an international get away to an amazing destination, but its secluded and peaceful, and drunk :o

This part of the island only has 1 store, and 1 bar. There are NO ROADS AND NO CARS! All the houses are connected by small boardwalk paths. Its wonderful and I'm very excited about it.

This part of the island only has 1 store, and 1 bar. There are NO ROADS AND NO CARS! All the houses are connected by small boardwalk paths. Its wonderful and I'm very excited about it.

Never heard of it, but it sounds idyllic.

Oh, and raincoated lover, don't bother packing much besides some clothes. It's usually easier just to buy sundries when you arrive.

Portugal sounds neat, I still have yet to leave the good ol' USofA....

but I am going to Santa Fe in a week! Yeehaw.

^^^
Enjoy your trip! I'm jealous.

I do however get to spend a week at Davis Park on Fire Island NY starting the 25th. So it's not an international get away to an amazing destination, but its secluded and peaceful, and drunk :o

That sounds lovely - as I'm British and I assume you're American - is it handy or annoying that you don't nescessarily need to leave the country to have a warm holiday? I mean, Britain is so small that the weather is more or less the same everywhere. But in America there are such a variety of climates that you wouldn't really ever need to leave - if that's what you looked for in a holiday.

But that could be annoying in a sense that there would be no incentive for the common citizen to actually leave and explore the world - and being all the way over there you have a looong flight to get anywhere! It takes a couple of hours to get to France on the train from London - brilliant!

Never heard of it, but it sounds idyllic.

Oh, and raincoated lover, don't bother packing much besides some clothes. It's usually easier just to buy sundries when you arrive.

I'm going to Gale, which is a small town in the Algarve. I have heard there are shops etc there - so I plan to buy basic toilteries there. But I still have to take my comforts haha. It'll be alright, I'm just getting pre-travel jitters!

Portugal sounds neat, I still have yet to leave the good ol' USofA....

but I am going to Santa Fe in a week! Yeehaw.

Santa Fe - tell an Englishman about Santa Fe.

That sounds lovely - as I'm British and I assume you're American - is it handy or annoying that you don't nescessarily need to leave the country to have a warm holiday? I mean, Britain is so small that the weather is more or less the same everywhere. But in America there are such a variety of climates that you wouldn't really ever need to leave - if that's what you looked for in a holiday.

But that could be annoying in a sense that there would be no incentive for the common citizen to actually leave and explore the world - and being all the way over there you have a looong flight to get anywhere! It takes a couple of hours to get to France on the train from London - brilliant!

That is brilliant, but it's also pretty sweet to have such variety here at home. Deserts, ginormous freshwater lakes, mountains, glaciers, swamps, cold and warm oceans, dense forests, subtropics, etc. I'm within a day's drive of all of those except the first two.

That is brilliant, but it's also pretty sweet to have such variety here at home. Deserts, ginormous freshwater lakes, mountains, glaciers, swamps, cold and warm oceans, dense forests, subtropics, etc. I'm within a day's drive of all of those except the first two.

I can imagine it is fantastic to have all of that on your doorstep. I can't imagine having such a diverse landscape in one country - England is a village on American terms though. Stunning!

Mountains, pueblos, chapels, galleries.....

SantaFe.jpg

santa_fe_architecture.jpg

wintersangredecristo-707734.jpg

Not terribly exotic for me (seeing as how I was born in Tucson), but it is a nice change from Stillwater, OK :sick:

That looks fabulous. I might take some pictures of where I'm from and post them, it'd be interesting to see where people lived and to compare the landscapes.

i will go to italy/roma on saturday for just 1 week..but better than nothing;)

rom_navona.jpg

I'm still trying to decide where to go. I'd like to visit the US, Sweden and Germany but I can probably only afford to go to one of those right now :p
I'd also like to go to Japan at some point but the flights are pretty expensive. My mom said that we could go there for my 21st but I'm not sure if that will actually happen...

Anyway, have a good holiday raincoated lover!

rom_navona.jpg

My friend has just gone to Naples for a week - very jealous. Gale is a very small town in Portugal, so no life changing sights to been there - but PARIS in August! Have a fabulous time in Roma :)

well, it doesn't look disappointing.

send us a postcard:p

To whom should it be addressed?

I'm still trying to decide where to go. I'd like to visit the US, Sweden and Germany but I can probably only afford to go to one of those right now :p
I'd also like to go to Japan at some point but the flights are pretty expensive. My mom said that we could go there for my 21st but I'm not sure if that will actually happen...

Anyway, have a good holiday raincoated lover!

I've always wanted to go to Japan for some kind of Lost In Translation experience haha!

I'd love to go to Germany too. Russia is my main goal though, the whole culture just infatuates me.

rom_navona.jpg

*jealous* of everyone's cool trips.

I'm heading to northern Michigan tomorrow to stand up in a wedding this weekend. The church has no air conditioning. We'll have no internet for 5 days, and therefore I won't be able to read about the Spain concerts. Or see all the Frinky pics as they're posted. *sob*

I'll be spending my "down" time at the beach, sending "I'm with you in spirit" vibes to all you lucky concert goers and internet revelers.

Maybe I'll read a scandalous novel to fill the void. :p

I'm going to Portugal tomorrow.

Have to leave at 5AM to drive to East Midlands airport for check in at 7.
Going for a week and have foolishly decided to pack the night before - have thus realised I am missing quite a few of the bare essentials/haven't converted my money.

It's gotten so desperate that I have infact had to empty my penny jar :)tears:) and plan to take it to Tesco tonight to put into that change machine thing they have and convert it into 'real' money.

Anyone else going anywhere nice soon?

(Oh, and I'm going to Paris at the start of August, it's all quite contintental :D)
mum's next week, camping with hubby the week after, week in Spain with the girls at the end of August :) This is the best bit of being a teacher: the holidays! :D

My friend has just gone to Naples for a week - very jealous. Gale is a very small town in Portugal, so no life changing sights to been there - but PARIS in August! Have a fabulous time in Roma :)

oh thank you..it'll be my first time there..and i will enjoy it..especially the weather.. it's very cold here in cologne..i mean for the summer..just 17°C..:eek::tears:..
and i had the choice to stay in london..after the wireless..or to fly back and go to italy..well..i think i made the right decision..in addition..London isn't very new to me..it was my 4th time there:rolleyes:

well, have a great time in paris..i was there in february..this year..when moz played the olympia hall...beautiful city..!!:)

Tags
troll
Back
Top Bottom