The God Squad- Religion obsessives and philosophical types unite!

however, it was a link from the ignosticism wiki :straightface: I am pretty sure he just does not use that particular word :rolleyes:
& speaking of ignosticism :) from my FB:
Religious Views: Ignosticism
:D

:thumb: Ignosticism is the thing! The first time I read about ignosticism I just thought that that was exactly how I felt, I was so impressed.

Lovely, so here's something to start with: Thelema!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thelema

A western esoteric religion which has been strongly influenced by Aleister Crowley (666). My favourite religion, something I'm extremely interested in!
Your favourite religion?
what the f*** does that mean?
Do you actually believe that this guy talked to an angel who told him to write this Book Of Law?
If so, why?
If not, why are you interested in this religion?

however, it was a link from the ignosticism wiki :straightface: I am pretty sure he just does not use that particular word :rolleyes:
& speaking of ignosticism :) from my FB:
Religious Views: Ignosticism
:D

I would say I'm ignostic/agnostic. Whilst I believe there is not enough evidence to prove or disprove God's existence, it is difficult to discuss religion in any capacity without specifying what is meant by "God". :thumb:

ignosticism was in there.
just because he didn't use the word doesn't mean the view isn't in there.

This is what I'm taking ignosticism to mean: "The view that a coherent definition of god must be presented before the question of the existence of god can be meaningfully discussed. Furthermore, if that definition is unfalsifiable, the ignostic takes the theological noncognitivist position that the question of the existence of god (per that definition) is meaningless. In this case, the concept of god is not considered meaningless; the term "god" is considered meaningless."
do you think he failed to mention that view?

Last edited by a moderator:
Your favourite religion?
what the f*** does that mean?
Do you actually believe that this guy talked to an angel who told him to write this Book Of Law?
If so, why?
If not, why are you interested in this religion?

1. Yes!
2. That it is my favourite religion!
3. God only knows!
4. Why not?
5. To get Billy to sleep with me!

There is no God. We are all accidents and minute instances of time. Deal with it.

P.

What you're saying is just pure blasphemy.

Don't you know that the existence of Gawd has been proven with.....

...a pickle:

and a banana:

...a pickle:

and a banana:

:laughing:

...a pickle:

That pickle flashes, and light comes out of it...--HOLY SHIT! So "Hand in Glove" is about Christian brotherhood, not teh ghey?

and a banana:

Easily the best video ever made.

Atheists are simply the flip side of fundamentalism. Emphasis on "simply."

'Nullius in verba'

Ok,whats it mean? Tried to translate and gave up.

Literally "On the words of no-one". It's apparently taken from Horace, and the Royal Society of London use it as their motto. In that context (the RSOL are a scientific society) it means that statements should be proven or disproven through scientific experimentation, and not necessarily believed just because someone says it.

Source: http://en.allexperts.com/q/Latin-2145/Nullius-verba.htm

This is part of the reason why I find agnosticism to be an appropriate category to put myself in. In my opinion, evidence is needed to actually prove the existence of a deity/deities, and to disprove it, but since there doesn't seem to be sufficient evidence either way it makes more sense to me to consider the possibility of both.

On a different note, did anyone watch that programme that was on British TV in early 2009, with Peter Owen Jones travelling around the world and experiencing different religions (major, small and esoteric)? Around the World in 80 Faiths, I think it was called, and it was very interesting, you can probably find bits and pieces on YouTube. :)

Last edited:
It means: "I pretend I speak Latin, just to make it seem I have an infinitely better understand of Gawd than all of you."

Flax Porcus Est (Flax is a pig)

Incidentally, I don't pretend to speak Latin but I do know three phrases, the one above, the one I posted earlier & 'Post hoc ergo propter hoc' which means 'after it therefore because of it'.

Learned all three off the telly. (Incidentally, Latin will only help you understand God if the phrases you know are related to God in any way.)

Last edited:
Tags
666 atheist crybaby bananaman fairy tales god of fuck new world order pixies signtology tl;drville worsthread2010
Back
Top Bottom