The Drivel Thread

Let's say there's a pair of friends; we will call them Theophilus and Jacinta. Theophilus is very attracted to his friend, however this is hopeless as Jacinta is married. Then again, occasionally married persons stray, but what are the signs? And how is someone as inept as Theophilus supposed to read them?

For example, a couple months ago Theophilus was intending to get away from his oppressively irritating day-to-day life by planning a trip to Washington, D.C. this June: to treat himself to a stay in a five-star hotel, sample the finest Asian cuisine our nation's capital has to offer, and break a decades-long concert drought by seeing the Raveonettes perform at the Black Cat. When Theophilus told Jacinta about his plans and described the Raveonettes' music because she wasn't familiar with them, she said, "that sounds amazing, I wish I was going with you." Which is obviously just an innocent rhetorical expression, except she added a dig at her husband by saying she'd like to go to a nice restaurant for a change without it seeming like a bribe to get her to end hostilities in a marital spat.

More recently Jacinta has commented to Theophilus that her husband is "letting himself go" and getting fat even though she asks him to eat healthier food, and also that she finds his company annoying. Theophilus is not fat and (hopefully) not too annoying, so is there even a sliver of hope that this could mean anything in his favor, or is he just the palace eunuch enduring the Queen's complaints about the King?

I am asking for a friend.

Just watched this clip of the Ravonettes. They’re ok.

We're getting off-topic, but I don't think her experiences are all made up. I find it pretty plausible that she dated a drug dealer in a wheelchair who was abusive towards her and their dog (if I'm remembering that correctly). I think that really did happen; I don't think Russell Brand tortured her with electroshocks (again, if I'm remembering it right). When she was publishing her foster-home memoirs on here I thought they rang true. I think she's had a complicated history—some of it real, some of it imagined. I'm interested in her thoughts on the situation as well as anyone else's. In fact, her story about a naked guy with a high school ring on Craig's List, while not at all helpful to me, is nevertheless believable, and "resembling Morrissey from the chin down" was funny. If she said she had an affair with Nicky Wire, I would disbelieve it.
Nicky wire wouldn't touch her with a bargepole.

You're right, I suppose it IS believable that she has had entanglements with a series of repugnant lovers who couldn't get anyone else. The disparity between her reality which is peopled with riffraff and her delusions about rock stars stalking her couldn't be more stark. I wonder how she reconciles the two things.

Anyway, still at work! (They extended my shift 😞) (I'm currently being subjected to k pop 😞)

I’ve got a rash over my upper body. I don’t know what next. I went to the clinic and it was suggested it’s just from the heat. I give up trying to get taken seriously.

On my death certificate, it will say “natural causes”, and life will go on. Here is a wild rose I think. It smells incredible. And then there’s me today, looking like a man.
IMG_20240515_132423516_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240515_142243365_HDR.jpg

I look 70, not my age, 60. I feel unmotivated to go for a walk. Maybe in a few hours I’ll get the ball rolling for one. Who cares? Only Morrissey.

I'll need some more info, audrey! What nationality is jacinta?

That's not important, except for N.B.: she is not Korean. What's important for someone who believes in "death to America" is that Jacinta has such delightfully un-American ways. You sometimes call me "earnest Aubs," which is fitting, and Jacinta is earnest too. I love her accent and how she doesn't have even a trace of that disgusting, knowing, common American snark tone to her voice.

Americans are so familiar and congenial; Jacinta is formal and curt. I love how she has the talent to piss people off just by being politely blunt. And she can be very critical and misanthropic. She's a so-called "autistic's" dream. To Americans, everything is always idiotically half-funny, but Jacinta only laughs when something is genuinely and cruelly funny, and then it's a full-throated laugh. It's such a pleasure to make her laugh, or even just to hear her laugh. Can't you just let Theophilus hope for an affair with Jacinta that likely won't happen anyway?

That's not important, except for N.B.: she is not Korean. What's important for someone who believes in "death to America" is that Jacinta has such delightfully un-American ways. You sometimes call me "earnest Aubs," which is fitting, and Jacinta is earnest too. I love her accent and how she doesn't have even a trace of that disgusting, knowing, common American snark tone to her voice.

Americans are so familiar and congenial; Jacinta is formal and curt. I love how she has the talent to piss people off just by being politely blunt. And she can be very critical and misanthropic. She's a so-called "autistic's" dream. To Americans, everything is always idiotically half-funny, but Jacinta only laughs when something is genuinely and cruelly funny, and then it's a full-throated laugh. It's such a pleasure to make her laugh, or even just to hear her laugh. Can't you just let Theophilus hope for an affair with Jacinta that likely won't happen anyway?
It IS important. I can't give you advice until I know where she's from.

It IS important. I can't give you advice until I know where she's from.

Why is it important? I guess if you were an expert on how to interpret possible adulterous-romantic clues in certain national cultures, that would make it important. Otherwise I don't get it.

Last edited:
I’m not going to make it out for a walk tonight. My morale is too low to go out and face the world.

Why is it important? I guess if you were an expert on how to interpret possible adulterous-romantic clues in certain national cultures, that would make it important. Otherwise I don't get it.
I'll tell you why when you tell me!

Look I'm very tired, I had to get up at 7am today, at this rate, if you keep being obstinate, you're not going to get any advice at all!

Also why did you chose such a dumb name for yourself? Are you really that nerdy? You could have chosen a cool name like chet, but no, you had to go with theophilus.

Meanwhile you chose a bimbo name like jacinta for the broad. That tells me a LOT.

I'll tell you why when you tell me!

Look I'm very tired, I had to get up at 7am today, at this rate, if you keep being obstinate, you're not going to get any advice at all!

That's okay. You're tired, and it's all right if you don't give me any advice. Forgive me, but I feel like the extent of your "help" if I tell you her nationality is going to consist of you using her nationality in a superficial way to scold me for wanting to commit adultery. "Look out for the taco truck!! Some saucy and spicy mexican mamasita is appealing to autistic audrey's pathetic lil wiener! Those tacos better be vegan, bitch, or YOU'LL NEVER HEAR THE END OF IT!!!"

Also why did you chose such a dumb name for yourself? Are you really that nerdy? You could have chosen a cool name like chet, but no, you had to go with theophilus.

Meanwhile you chose a bimbo name like jacinta for the broad. That tells me a LOT.

The names were chosen purely at random. I didn't realize Jacinta was a bimbo name. The only Jacintas I can think of at the moment are St. Jacinta, one of the child seers of Fatima, and that lockdown lady prime minister of New Zealand. Looking her up, I see she's actually a Jacinda. Jacinda Ardern. I had misremembered it as Jacinta Ahearn. Oh well. Still not a bimbo, I wouldn't say.

Jesus Christ do I want to bleach my f***ing eyes, from the god awful pictures of infected injuries to the extra-marital affairs of Grandpa McFate that nobody cares about...took Islam's values really to the core, innit ?
This shit site is giving me a migraine !!!

Tags
anxiety bloody awful poetry testing the waters trying to feel good in your own skin trying to make friends wanting to alleviate anxiety wanting to feel safe to be honest wanting to have integrity
Back
Top Bottom