The Drivel Thread

I'm just about to listen to this Sam. Looking like a lamb to the slaughter.
IMG_20240418_121236711.jpg

I'm just about to listen to this Sam. Looking like a lamb to the slaughter.

Still a good mug. Do you have plans for what'll happen to your body when you die? Donate it to science, maybe? Green burial? Personally I'd like to be cremated, but cremation is so quietly and out-of-the-way done, it has none of the great spectacle of a body on the pyre.

I do think (and Carlislebaz will not be surprised) I'd like a sung Catholic requiem Mass according to the old Latin rite—not for me, because I'll be dead, but to force my relatives and friends to take in the Church's best offering, which is her liturgy. And if they don't like it, too bad. I had to put up with enough of their shit while I was alive, so I'll force my own preferences on them from the grave.

Still a good mug. Do you have plans for what'll happen to your body when you die? Donate it to science, maybe? Green burial? Personally I'd like to be cremated, but cremation is so quietly and out-of-the-way done, it has none of the great spectacle of a body on the pyre.

I do think (and Carlislebaz will not be surprised) I'd like a sung Catholic requiem Mass according to the old Latin rite—not for me, because I'll be dead, but to force my relatives and friends to take in the Church's best offering, which is her liturgy. And if they don't like it, too bad. I had to put up with enough of their shit while I was alive, so I'll force my own preferences on them from the grave.
It never occurred to me to donate my body to science. I will ponder that idea.

I think I look a bit elegant in this snap. I managed a tiny smile, after enjoying brushing my teeth. Now I'm going to floss, lace up, and hopefully run into Morrissey's arms. If not, then I'll make my way to my 'family' doctor for an appointment at 2.
IMG_20240418_124243850_HDR.jpg

It never occurred to me to donate my body to science. I will ponder that idea.

Maybe the professor who autopsies you in front of his class will say, "today's cadaver was a 64-yr-old schizophrenic who had delusions of a Morrissey romance and a belief that there was a mold infection consuming her lungs." And then when he cuts you open, he'll gasp and say, "oh my! She wasn't wrong about the mold infection. Perhaps she was right about her relationship with Morrissey too." And then you'll have just a little pinprick of revenge on your haters and doubters.

Maybe the professor who autopsies you in front of his class will say, "today's cadaver was a 64-yr-old schizophrenic who had delusions of a Morrissey romance and a belief that there was a mold infection consuming her lungs." And then when he cuts you open, he'll gasp and say, "oh my! She wasn't wrong about the mold infection. Perhaps she was right about her relationship with Morrissey too." And then you'll have just a little pinprick of revenge on your haters and doubters.
A pinprick of pleasure. That’s looking on the bright side alright.

Up until now I had no concept of what an Islamic funeral is like. Apparently the rites are very simple and Jewish-derived. There's a ritual washing of the body (unsurprising, in a religion obsessed with ablutions), the wrapping of the body in a shroud, and then a swift burial. No embalming. I like that. I don't want to be embalmed. The rite is the chanting of a surah. From the narration in this video, "the 45-minute service is a comparatively small one." The mourners sit with the coffin and finger their prayer beads.

Up until now I had no concept of what an Islamic funeral is like. Apparently the rites are very simple and Jewish-derived. There's a ritual washing of the body (unsurprising, in a religion obsessed with ablutions), the wrapping of the body in a shroud, and then a swift burial. No embalming. I like that. I don't want to be embalmed. The rite is the chanting of a surah. From the narration in this video, "the 45-minute service is a comparatively small one." The mourners sit with the coffin and finger their prayer beads.

I’ll have to check this video out when I get back home, unless Morrissey’s with me, and we’re too busy laying hands on each other. Just exiting my apartment now.

Have a good afternoon, then.

I guess the best thing you can hope for in death (since the world already has Death of Marat and Carlislebaz's poem Death of Malarkey) is for Morrissey to release a single called Death of Shazza. Cover star: Light Housework. Songwriting credit: Steven Patrick Morrissey/Carmen Vandenberg. And during the long, raucous, feedback-drenched fade-out, Morrissey could do his shouting of "Shaz! Shaz! Shaz!" like he supposedly sometimes does during How Soon Is Now?

You really are autistic, aren't you? They have a tendency toward having a one track mind.

Have a good afternoon, then.

I guess the best thing you can hope for in death (since the world already has Death of Marat and Carlislebaz's poem Death of Malarkey) is for Morrissey to release a single called Death of Shazza. Cover star: Light Housework. Songwriting credit: Steven Patrick Morrissey/Carmen Vandenberg. And during the long, raucous, feedback-drenched fade-out, Morrissey could do his shouting of "Shaz! Shaz! Shaz!" like he supposedly sometimes does during How Soon Is Now?
I adore that idea of Steven Patrick Morrissey and Carmen Vandenberg writing Death of Shazza. Really I do. I'm sitting in the waiting room of my doctor in a spot that has data reception. Nice that my mobile service is giving me 10 free gigs a month. I wonder what photo of me Morrissey would choose for the cover.

It must be lovely to have sunshine in
Your country 😩
I like the sun in early spring, but not in the summer, as it burns my skin easily then. Ok, let's find a pic to use as the cover art for Death of Shazza. I'll take one now, in my doctor's waiting room. Maybe it will do.
17134738617062142288759251818026.jpg

Tags
anxiety bloody awful poetry testing the waters trying to feel good in your own skin trying to make friends wanting to alleviate anxiety wanting to feel safe to be honest wanting to have integrity
Back
Top Bottom