The Drivel Thread

I remember him calling me a retard when I confronted him about stealing 4 portable DVD players from the exhibit.

He stuffed them into the belly of his hoodie, and rolled in his wheelchair to his place, but a gallery volunteer followed him filming him, and Ken Foster, the artist/thief knew there was proof of his theft and so came back to the gallery claiming he discovered the DVD players being sold on Hastings street and bought them back for us, and he threatened to smash our windows if we didn’t reimburse him.

Terrain Robinson saw my portrait of Morrissey on the bus and told me to give him my phone number so I could make artwork for his next album, and I declined because I just want to paint Morrissey. After the November showing, maybe I’ll contact him through the link on his bandcamp profile, and make a portrait of him. I just want to paint Morrissey at least until I have that showing. I may not want to paint anything else ever again though. I wouldn’t be surprised. I kind of want to paint Terrain. But I want to paint Morrissey more urgently.

Also on the bus yesterday, there was a frail old Asian man having trouble boarding, and a young man came to his aid. He was remarkably gentle and kind toward to ancient man, and I gave him a Morrissey sticky note, telling him that Morrissey is gentle and kind like he himself is. He seemed very pleased.

Terrain Robinson saw my portrait of Morrissey on the bus and told me to give him my phone number so I could make artwork for his next album, and I declined because I just want to paint Morrissey. After the November showing, maybe I’ll contact him through the link on his bandcamp profile, and make a portrait of him. I just want to paint Morrissey at least until I have that showing. I may not want to paint anything else ever again though. I wouldn’t be surprised. I kind of want to paint Terrain. But I want to paint Morrissey more urgently.
Take a chance Shazzzbo…. In fact grab this opportunity with both hands.

we all paint Morrissey.

I’m bored and don’t feel like doing anything available to me, except writing this post. In an hour and a half I intend to run a bath to get myself doing something. Soon (today or tomorrow) I will be starting to draw and paint from terrythesnapper’s photo of Morrissey in Scotland. I need to choose a painting surface and then prepare it, if it’s a surface that needs to be prepared. My body’s falling apart in various ways. Or, “going to seed”. Still, I’m enjoying life while I can. For now, life’s pretty sweet for me. My lung didn’t bother me yesterday or yet today. I have Katy Perry’s song Champagne Problems in my head. I will try to write a poem and see what happens...

As usual I think that you can save me
By just showing up and being yourself
That’s all the poem I have in me now. It’s not a poem at all. It’s not wanting to drone on. I would like to sing right now, if my voice were strong. I will try again to sing Champagne Problems, and force my voice to be robust...

Out of sheer boredom, I’m showing my ugly mug on video trying to sing Champagne Problems again.

This woman speaks well, as she tells of having been used by pedophiles, and how it snowballed into her being targeted as “the town slut”. She remembers well how it was for her as a child and is very candid about how the abuse played out. She’s a great story teller, of her true story.

This woman looks very similar to my adoptive sister. She expresses tearful remorse for having sexually abused her son. I wish my sister would express remorse for having tried to kill me several times.

I still haven’t yet watched most of the October 14th and 15th 2019 Vancouver concerts. I’m intending to devote a chunk of quality time to watching them all in one session. “I love Morrissey” has created a playlist for each night on YouTube. I just wanted to say that, so that in case Morrissey reads this thread (I believe he does.), and sees that I’ve been bored today, that he’ll know that I’m not bored with those videos. I just haven’t watched most of them yet.

This morning my right lung feels gross and the rattling cough has been happening. I fear the future, but I just try to have fun anyway, though I may look glum at times, and feel somewhat glum. My vocals aren’t half what they used to be, I could hear distinctly in the video I posted above of myself singing Champagne Problems. Yup, no one believes me, but I’m screwed, with a mold infection of my right lung. It’s extremely real and definite to me, regardless of it not showing up on x-rays. I don’t know when it will spread, or how it will spread, but I’m expecting it to, and the organ I most want it to leave alone, is my brain, but I know from a little research that it probably will eventually spread there, and I won’t be surprised if it gets mistaken for further schizophrenia, though I know that schizophrenia was temporary for me. I’m sane now and the only way I will go insane again is if my brain sustains physical trauma, such as the mold infection invading it. My lung seems to be calming down now, again. I wonder if I’ll make it to enjoy the November art showing. That’s my current goal post; having a good time exhibiting some Morrissey portraits, the ones I’m willing to sell, all prints I think, unless I’m thinking at the time that I’ll be soon at death’s door, in which case maybe I will put the originals up for sale, and the painting of the fawn. Well, it’s about time now to write morning pages. Toodles.

My neighbor who bought a framed print from me on Friday saw this and recognized the woman it's of. I must have painted it around 2020. It's of a woman who is a mental health worker and she's very kind. I like the fact that my neighbor instantly knew who she is.
17124926906222962630345915766898.jpg

Tags
anxiety bloody awful poetry testing the waters trying to feel good in your own skin trying to make friends wanting to alleviate anxiety wanting to feel safe to be honest wanting to have integrity
Back
Top Bottom