The 8 studio albums rated

Here is my own personal listing of the 8 studio albums Mozzer has released (i'm not including Bona Drag here):-

1 - Southpaw Grammar
2 - Vauxhall And I
3 - Your Arsenal
4 - Viva Hate
5 - Ringleader Of The Tormentors
6 - You Are The Quarry
7 - Maladjusted
8 - Kill Uncle

I found it easy to rank 1 & 2, 7 & 8, but the 4 in between were tough; apart from the last 2, i would rate all the albums 9 or 10 out of 10.

What are other people's lists & thoughts on mine?

Here is my own personal listing of the 8 studio albums Mozzer has released (i'm not including Bona Drag here):-

1 - Southpaw Grammar
2 - Vauxhall And I
3 - Your Arsenal
4 - Viva Hate
6 - You Are The Quarry
7 - Maladjusted
8 - Kill Uncle

I found it easy to rank 1 & 2, 7 & 8, but the 4 in between were tough; apart from the last 2, i would rate all the albums 9 or 10 out of 10.

1. Your Arsenal
2. Viva Hate
3. Vauxhall and I
4. Southpaw Grammar
5. You Are The Quarry
6. Ringleader of the Tormentors
7. Kill Uncle
8. Maladjusted

Mine's fairly similar. I regard "Quarry" and "Ringleader" as almost equal, whereas for #7 and #8 it usually comes down to which you find more alarming: Morrissey as frivolous (KU) or Morrissey as dull (M).

Last edited:
1. Vauxhall & I
2. Your Arsenal
3. Viva Hate
4. Kill Uncle
5. ROTT
6. You are the Quarry
7. Southpaw Grammar
8. Maladjusted

You Are the Quarry
Vauxhall & I
Your Arsenal
Viva Hate
Maladjusted
Ringleader of the Tormentors
Kill Uncle
Southpaw Grammar

Maladjusted is brilliant.

1. Vauxhall and I
2. Maladjusted
3. Kill Uncle
4. Ringleader
5. Viva Hate
6. You Are The Quarry
7. Your Arsenal
8. Southpaw Grammar

It was very easy to rate 1., 2. and 8., but I really struggled with the rest. And I might end up changing the order... :o

1) Vauxhall And I
2-3) Ringleader Of The Tormentors \ Southpaw Grammar
4) Viva Hate
5) You Are The Quarry
6) Maladjusted
7) Your Arsenal
8) Kill Uncle

1 - Southpaw Grammar
2 - Vauxhall And I
3 - Your Arsenal
4 - Viva Hate
6 - You Are The Quarry
7 - Maladjusted
8 - Kill Uncle

Thoughts on yours? Other than that Southpaw Grammar is without doubt one of the worst albums in the history of recorded music?!

With the exception of the best two or three, Moz albums are patchy as hell. I'd never recommend a Morrissey studio album to someone unacquainted with his back catalogue...

Here's me list;

1 Viva (9.5/10)
2 Arsenal (8.5/10)
3 Vauxhall (8/10)
4 Kill Uncle (7/10)
5 Maladjusted (7/10)
6 Ringleader of the Tomatoes (6.5/10)
7 Who Ate Me Curry (5.5/10)
8 Southpaw (3/10)

With the exception of Southpaw (rushed out to capitalise on the Vauxhall success), his albums, depressingly, seem to be getting worse. Probably too much time as a middle-aged, multi-millionaire expatriate. It's great for Moz but not so good for us lot!

I love songs from all the albums. The only thing that made me put Southpaw last was the fact there's not many on there, and two of them seemingly go on forever, and I'm not one for epic songs.

It ain't that great but it's certainly better than the last two!
And yes, those two songs are among his best ever...

And I think they are quite underrated. Has he ever played them live? I'd probably end up peeing my pants if he did...:o

I love songs from all the albums. The only thing that made me put Southpaw last was the fact there's not many on there, and two of them seemingly go on forever, and I'm not one for epic songs.

I haven't given too much chance to Southpaw so far. Those two unbearably long songs really put me off...

1) Vauxhall And I
2) Viva Hate
3) Your Arsenal
4) Southpaw Grammar
5) Maladjusted
6) Kill Uncle
7) ROTT
8) YATQ

it's not that viva hate is that far from vauxhall , nor arsenal is far better than southpaw... but ROTT and YATQ are far lower than maldajusted or kill uncle

And I think they are quite underrated. Has he ever played them live? I'd probably end up peeing my pants if he did...:o

I haven't given too much chance to Southpaw so far. Those two unbearably long songs really put me off...

He played 'Trouble' as recently as the 2006 tour. Please pay attention!
Pretty certain he played 'Wide' in one of the Maladjusted or 'Wilderness Years' tours id est 97, 99 or 02...

I do like Boy Racer, Reader Meet Author & Dagenham Dave.

Boy Racer is great but it's on My Early Burglary Years too. :o I can most certainly live without Reader Meet Author and Dagenham Dave.

He played 'Trouble' as recently as the 2006 tour. Please pay attention!
Pretty certain he played 'Wide' in one of the Maladjusted or 'Wilderness Years' tours id est 97, 99 or 02...

Yes, sir! :o

1. ROTT & YATQ (can't decide)
2. Kill uncle
3. Vauxhall and I
4. Viva Hate
5. Your Arsenal
6. Malajusted
7. Soutpaw grammar

1 - Your Arsenal
2 - Southpaw Grammar
3 - Ringleader of the Tormentors
4 - Vauxhall & I
5 - Viva Hate
6 - You Are The Quarry
7 - Maladjusted
8 - Kill Uncle

1. You are the Quarry
2. Your Arsenal
3. Viva Hate
4. Southpaw Grammar
5. Vauxhall and I
6. Ringleader of the tormentors
7. Maladjusted
8. Kill Uncle (although this album is 10 zillion times better than most other shite released these days by other artists)

1. Your Arsenal
2. Vauxhall and I
3. Southpaw Grammar
4. Viva Hate
5. Maladjusted
6. Kill Uncle
7. Ringleader of the Tormentors
8. You are the Quarry

Back
Top Bottom