tell us about the last Film you saw

The van falling caused the avalanche to occur in that layer of the dream. I think the deeper the dream goes, the deeper the metaphor. For instance, the bumps of the van in the chase scene caused the weather to change in the second or Hotel layer of the dream. I think.

I can explain the mechanics of the machine that hooked them all together sticking them in the same dream if you want, but it's symbollic mumbo jumbo so only if you ask. :thumb: I absolutely LOVED the music. :love: And the movie.

I enjoyed it as well i don't suppose we should question it to hard it's a movie about dreams after all. I'll get dvd when it's released i'm sure all answers will become apparent at second viewing.............or third.

I enjoyed it as well i don't suppose we should question it to hard it's a movie about dreams after all. I'll get dvd when it's released i'm sure all answers will become apparent at second viewing.............or third.

We should question it and your question was really good! So was the one about the effectiveness of a sleeping potion in a dream.

I felt as though there were three different people :)rolleyes:) that were crucial in each layer. THe architect who knew where everything was. Leo who had so much experience traversing dreams, and the unsung hero played by three different people again: the dude driving the van as responsibly and defensively as possible whose role in the second dream was fighting off the projection in the rotating hallway and getting his sleepers to safely drop whose role in the third layer was the dude defending off the projectors again so the architect and Leo could do their jobs. Those three unsung heros = my :love:.

":whip: it" with the tiny Canadian.

And good to see Juliette Lewis again.

With no apparent link with rollerskates, you hear too many songs I thought including one about someone slicing an avocado, apart from that, cool little film. (Drew seems like a laid back chick, so obviously...)

ECLIPSE_MOVIE(1).jpg

Just went to go see it tonight. FINALLY!!! I love the romantic chemistry between Bella and Edward and Bryce Dallas Howard did a killer performance as Victoria. I can't wait to see what happens next!!:)

The Secret In Their Eyes (dir: Juan Jose Campanella 2009)

This is the winner of this year's Academy Awards best foreign language film, a brilliant thriller about a murder took place in 1974.

It's in the same league of Bong Joon-ho's 'Memories of Murder', you won't be disappointed.
Incidentally Bong's latest film 'Mother' will be released in the UK from 20th August.

"Flu Birds"
the other night on Sci Fi channel.
A searing socio-Docu drama that almost Prousteanly equated love with Loss, and the hollow insecurity of mankinds malaise with his unutterably solipsistic existence, in the semi -trypthidic trauma of being, and a unique Juxtapositioning of Sublimely quantifiacation-ismism of a temporal loss....
..Almost Jean-Paul Verde-esque, in its Ephemeral miasma of turmoil and unrest, and yet, somehow retained a soup-cance of rhetorical Absoluton, in the final denoument....yet still maintaned a balance between proto-Nihilism, and a Sartre-esque Cinematic equilibrium

It was Actually about a loads of twattish gobshites getting ripped to shreds by CRAPPILY animated flying dinosaurs in the woods...

Turned the shite off, and watched Eastenders instead.

Last edited:
I saw Knight and Day at the weekend. UTTER CRAP! It's a tedious, non-stop action comedy (?) and has cardboard acting from the start. The action scenes are well done (and so they should be if you've chucked $150m at it), but they were so over the top. It wasn't funny. Avoid.

I just saw Machete. It had a laugh here or there but was basically a crap movie.

Marketa Lazarova (dir: Frantisek Vlacil 1967)

This month NFT is hosting a retrospective of a Czech master Vlacil, this film is voted No.1 of Top 100 Czech films poll by Czech film critics in 1998.

If you're interested you can read an excellent review on michealbrook.com

An epic of the two clans, the Kozliks and the Oboristi set in 13th Century, the title is the name of Obristi clan's virginal daughter Marketa.
It's a relatively unknown masterpiece deserved to be watched.

The Illusionist (2010, Sylvain Chomet)

If I'm honest, I had higher expectations than it delivered.

Ever-After--A-Cinderella-Story-Poster-C10048199.jpg

I haven't seen this movie in such a while! I remember it came out 12 years ago, but didn't see it until I was 18. It was 4 years ago, I remember walking to a downtown Chicago Borders and I was browsing through DVDs and thought about getting a movie that I could enjoy. Then, the DVD cover of Ever After caught my eye and I purchased it. After watching the movie, I fell deeply in love with it and it's one of my all-time favourite movies ever since!:thumb::o

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom