Strange/unexpected Moz references?

2094661126_e2d2379c27.jpg

One of my favourite bands (The Joy Formidable) pick The Queen Is Dead in their top 3 albums (they also picks Jeff's 'Grace')

Last edited by a moderator:
Glamour (U.S. fashion magazine) for April 2011, in an article about the pros of dating a younger man, by Janet Ozzard:

"Not just because of the fun you have teasing a younger guy ("Before you were born, Morrissey was in a band called The Smiths")", but because
younger guys have been presoftened by a society that has evolved a lot in the past 30 years."

Re: Where Morrissey lives

umm, so last night I am watching(whilst reading) an episode of the American version of "Being Human" and my mother says:
"Rob, they just mentioned Morrissey." :eek:
She played it back for me, I guess some dead guy who keeps relieving his drowning :crazy:
also likes to listen to Moz in his free time :rolleyes: anyways, just thought I'd make a note of it here :thumb:

I was at the theater tonight and saw "The Cherry Orchard" by Chekhov and in the play a few of the characters sang You Have Killed Me on several occasions.

umm, so last night I am watching(whilst reading) an episode of the American version of "Being Human" and my mother says:
"Rob, they just mentioned Morrissey." :eek:
She played it back for me, I guess some dead guy who keeps relieving his drowning :crazy:
also likes to listen to Moz in his free time :rolleyes: anyways, just thought I'd make a note of it here :thumb:
I love the American version of Being Human! I missed the last few episodes. They are recorded on my box, but I haven't gotten round to watching them.

Not really a strange reference but sort of a strange place to hear a Morrissey song.While I was having my pancake`s at Denny`s with my mom and dad they played I`m throwing my arms around Paris.I thought that was a weird place to hear it.(I was just just having pancake`s I am a veggie after all.)I also heard the same song at Barnes And Noble a much more appropriate place for it I thought.

There is a large, professionally printed poster in an ad space on the corner of Avenue A and 12th Street (NYC) that features a gorgeous Southpaw-era Morrissey with the Nike "swoosh" and some graffiti. I nearly drove off the road when I spotted it!

Is this a real Nike ad (hard to believe)? Is this art? Is this some kind of guerilla PR stunt? I haven't seen another one, and I can't seem to find any info online.

Strange, unexpected, and somewhat inexplicable. :confused:

There is a large, professionally printed poster in an ad space on the corner of Avenue A and 12th Street (NYC) that features a gorgeous Southpaw-era Morrissey with the Nike "swoosh" and some graffiti. I nearly drove off the road when I spotted it!

Is this a real Nike ad (hard to believe)? Is this art? Is this some kind of guerilla PR stunt? I haven't seen another one, and I can't seem to find any info online.

DSC00392.jpg

Last night a user submitted this to mainpage, but IMO it's not worthy for a mainpage article.

*EDIT*
It is a fake ad of a graffiti artist Katsu, will be posted on mainpage shortly.

Last edited:
DSC00392.jpg

"JUST DO HIM! ...sorry... IT!"

;)

DSC00392.jpg

Last night an anonymous user submitted this to mainpage, but IMO it's not worthy for a mainpage article.

This is cutting edge tagging, certainly worthy of mainpage IMO. Some subversive graffitti artist worked Morrissey's image into his underground unsigned concept piece. That's way cool shit. :D Unless it's just some one-off photoshop job then it takes the cool out of it.

This charming man was being played on Eastenders last night in a scene at the laundrette where a young lad was franticly trying to get his oil stained shirt clean for a date in cafe, it was quite fitting.

I was alerted to this via twitter over the weekend. The graffiti gave it away for me!

On Belle and Sebastian's Write about Love booklet there's a reference to "Keats and Yeats are on your side..." I'll take a shot and i'll post it here ASAP

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom