Strange/unexpected Moz references?

I was watching 'Einstein and Eddington' earlier, and there were not one but two Smiths references, three if you count William being the name of someone who my Dad and sister decided was Eddington's gay lover. :p

Anyway, they were:

• Einstein saying 'What difference does it make?', and

• Eddington saying 'Hand in glove'.

This coupled with my discovery of 'louder than bombs' being used in the advert gives me evidence that there were some Smiths fans working on this drama. :cool:

rome:there is a light that nver goes out
http://www.flickr.com/photos/paion/2546658486/[

and then a ad for a hospital in manchester where they use the famous stephen wrright salford lads pic
Spotted by a girl from flickr on a tram stop in Manchester - Bupa, the posh private hospitals

Last edited:
I was watching 'Einstein and Eddington' earlier, and there were not one but two Smiths references, three if you count William being the name of someone who my Dad and sister decided was Eddington's gay lover. :p

Anyway, they were:

• Einstein saying 'What difference does it make?', and

• Eddington saying 'Hand in glove'.

This coupled with my discovery of 'louder than bombs' being used in the advert gives me evidence that there were some Smiths fans working on this drama. :cool:

and Einstein said "I don't belong to anyone". :cool:

"Mama's Boy" movie (direct to DVD)

Heder, who made the dorky "Napoleon Dynamite" so lovable, can't pull it off as a 29-year-old who has never grown up. This is a guy who throws a tantrum because his mom wants to go on a date on their regularly scheduled putt-putt night.

But he does grow up (sorry to spoil the ending). We know this because he makes the emotional jump of appreciating Morrissey's late solo work instead of clinging to the music made by just The Smiths.

http://www.madison.com/tct/entertainment//index.php?ntid=315785

"Mama's Boy" movie (direct to DVD)

I don't think it was straight to DVD, I saw it on a film site, and the person filming it put his jacket over the camera (could see a button hole), was eating crisps or something and put his foot in front of it... it was definitely in a cinema though. The nutter only laughed at the cruel bits!:D

My kids are watching a movie just now Uptown girls (Brittany Murphy Dakota Fanning 2003) and my ears pricked up when I heard "like Morrissey"

My first unexpected Moz reference, I was so excited!:guitar:

Irish Blood, English Heart was on Radio 2 this afternoon, heard it when I was driving home from work.

I don't know who the DJ was but he was saying that he didn't find Morrissey depressing like most people do and he liked Girlfriend In A Coma.:)

Driving through Aberdeen today going to the Peterhead v Morton game, saw a white van with 'The Smiths' on it.

In the town Widnes there is a designer clothes shop called "The Smiths" they must have done it on purpose.

I saw a motorcycle licence plate the other day saying MOZ-955. :)

Desert Island Discs. Mixhael Eavis recalled seeing The Smiths in Bristol and asking them to play Glastonbury, he also said he's a huge Mprrissey fan, bless..

Beatbox version of FOTGTD on Nevermind the Buzzcocks. Robert Webb thought it was The Smiths.
Then Simon Amstell mentioned the Love Music Hate Racism donation saying Morrissey wanted most of it to go to the Love Music bit. :rolleyes:

Beatbox version of FOTGTD on Nevermind the Buzzcocks. Robert Webb thought it was The Smiths.
Then Simon Amstell mentioned the Love Music Hate Racism donation saying Morrissey wanted most of it to go to the Love Music bit. :rolleyes:

I saw that too :)
But I wasn't paying much attention, and didn't recongise the song while they were trying to demonstrate it...shame on me :p

First of the gang to die mentioned on Buzzcocks..:)

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom