Statement from Morrissey on medical problems and tour - TTY, 16 March 2013

U.S. tour - true-to-you.net

16 March 2013

U.S. tour

There are no plans to continue with the present U.S. tour due to Morrissey's ongoing medical problems, and dates will not be rescheduled. Morrissey is bitterly disappointed with this decision and he apologizes to everyone who has been inconvenienced.

"It takes a lifetime to find the right words, and at the moment, I haven't got them. I've been a colossal pain where this continuously unpredictable illness is concerned, and now the physical limits have been reached. The tour had, in fact, been fantastic for all of us - a new slice of life full of concentrated power. The audiences everywhere have given so much, although I know that neither of us will ever receive our due. I hope this isn't the end, and I hope there will be other chances, minus the heavy burden of illness. Knots of grief today, but full of resolve for tomorrow."

Morrissey, Mexico, 16 March.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Statement From Morrissey On Medical Problems And Tour - TTY, 16 March 2013

From 22'10"

http://youtu.be/VVlukLi32vs

I remember hearing Robbie Williams being described as a genius about fifteen years ago.

Nice clip - always good to hear from the brilliant Mr. Welles. :)

I hesitated when I typed the word "genius" because it is (as everyone knows) overused to the point of being meaningless. We will have to come up with some other word soon to denote women and men who stand apart from the rest of us in their talent or understanding.

Still, when it comes to superlatives I don't hesitate to hurl them at Morrissey. The man has a talent for communication that transcends music: he's a performance artist of the highest caliber and he is a musical "genius" in the depth of his art and the profound level on which he is able to communicate the most subtle, complex and elusive ideas and emotions. I know "fans" of other musicians, but I know people who lost their minds to Morrissey. At his best he's intense, dangerous and very, very funny, a combination that no one else has yet been able to master. He's extraordinary, self-determined and self-realized, and he's generated decades of mass hysteria. Thank goodness that J. Marr had the good sense and fortitude to put up with all the nonsense for as long as he did: together they were the best of the best.

No, Morrissey isn't Einstein, Galileo or Leonardo da Vinci. Still, by Mr. Welles standards I think Morrissey is in good standing for pop genius: I would place him in the same category as Picasso (at the very least).

Last edited:
Re: Article: Statement from Morrissey on medical problems and tour - TTY, 16 March 20

Look into raw goat milk and raw cows milk...

You better know a secret handshake to get that stuff! I live near Amish people and they won't even discuss it with you. If they are caught selling it, in addition to hefty fines, they will lose their licensing for selling milk. The milk-producer lobbyists are crazy-controlling in the U.S.A. But, from what I hear, once you drink raw milk, you will NEVER go back to "cooked" burnt-tasting milk!

No, Morrissey isn't Einstein, Galileo or Leonardo da Vinci. Still, by Mr. Welles standards I think Morrissey is in good standing for pop genius: I would place him in the same category as Picasso (at the very least).

Definitely a Salvador Dali or Andy Warhol. ;)

Re: Article: Statement from Morrissey on medical problems and tour - TTY, 16 March 20

You better know a secret handshake to get that stuff! I live near Amish people and they won't even discuss it with you. If they are caught selling it, in addition to hefty fines, they will lose their licensing for selling milk. The milk-producer lobbyists are crazy-controlling in the U.S.A. But, from what I hear, once you drink raw milk, you will NEVER go back to "cooked" burnt-tasting milk!

Hmmmmmm.

I think with Pneumonia you are advised to avoid travelling by plane.
That may be the reason he is still in Mexico.
On the other hand he may be too ill too travel anyway.
Having Pneumonia in both lungs can be deadly, depending on how large the infected areas are.

Except he claimed he had double pneumonia and THEN boarded a plane to Mexico.

For some reason this strikes me as kind of a cool name for a band..punctuation included.

I'll trade you Double Pomona!? for Suavity's Mouthpiece. ;)

Please, please, please.... get well soon, Morrissey.
Watch a DVD of "Hell Drivers", and when you're feeling well enough, have some coffee and toast.

In the US laws regarding raw milk vary from state to state. In CA, for example, you can easily get it at the grocery store.

Whether or not its the key to getting strong I don't know:confused:

Eat well Moz and get plenty of rest! We love you and want you healthy!!:)

I sincerely hope he hasn't been hit with one of the superbugs that are anti-biotic resistant. I know people who are deeply involved in klebsiella pneumonia research, and this is no joke. It is multi-drug resistant and requires very intense therapy. It is the overuse of anti-biotics that has made them resistant (remember MRSA?) but especially the overuse in livestock to promote growth, where 80 percent of antibiotics are used. So Morrissey's "meat is murder" has a new meaning given the impact of anti-biotic use in cows and pigs on the resistance problem. I assume he has the right doctors and the right diagnosis. If not, he needs to find them.

I sincerely hope he hasn't been hit with one of the superbugs that are anti-biotic resistant. I know people who are deeply involved in klebsiella pneumonia research, and this is no joke. It is multi-drug resistant and requires very intense therapy. It is the overuse of anti-biotics that has made them resistant (remember MRSA?) but especially the overuse in livestock to promote growth, where 80 percent of antibiotics are used. So Morrissey's "meat is murder" has a new meaning given the impact of anti-biotic use in cows and pigs on the resistance problem. I assume he has the right doctors and the right diagnosis. If not, he needs to find them.

Not gonna lie. Posts like this freak me the eff out. :straightface:

get well soon, my love.

I certainly hope he didn't get on a plane with a superbug. With "double pneumonia", unless he flew by air ambulance, how did he even get to the airport?

Patients with multi-drug resistant Klebsiella pneumonia are usually hospitalized, and typically intubated on a ventilator. It's very unlikely that Moz is walking around Mexico with MDR pneumonia. Also, the MDR problem is due to overuse of antibiotics, but not from eating meat from animals who received antibiotics. These bugs grow in people who have been on multiple long term doses of antibiotics, typically in the hospital.

Now that he has all this time to rest, lets hope he will write his autobiography at last!

As much as I looked forward to seeing him agian I'm happy he decided to take it easy and get healthy. He'll be back better than ever. Take care, Morrissey my love!

I am relieved that he is finally getting the rest he needs; but, I have to say that I am gutted knowing that an indefinite time will pass before I can see him again. We're really missing you, and you've only just gone.

What a joke this has turned out ! He should change his name to Fred Dibnah and live in past. He treats his fans like SHIT !! We know whats going on before he and true to poo make crass statements.
If you ever make a return Morrissey get up to speed and get some staff in who you can trust ffs !
TIME IS NOT ON YOUR SIDE !!!!
Get it sorted you silly old wanker

stop me if you.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Back
Top Bottom