Some help, related to old smiths single.

Willz90

Hi guys, I bought a Smiths 7inch single from my local second hand shop for 99 p. Was just looking up some details on it, and the image on the cover is completely different from what I have seen?

Its single is What difference does it make? And it has Morrissey on the cover instead of the man that I have seen online. Was wondering why this was?

http://passionsjustlikemine.com/disc/smiths-d03wddim.htm

"Because Stamp didn't approve of the Smiths using his photograph, later UK 12" pressings have Morrissey mock Stamp's pose and grin, holding a glass of milk instead of a chloroform pad. This picture was also used for Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Spain and Portugal 12"s. The Morrissey photo was also used on the USA, Australia, New Zealand and later UK 7"s, but with the band name.

Stamp finally gave his approval (after intervention by Sandie Shaw) and the original photograph was reinstated on later pressings of the UK 12", but with the band's name added. The UK and Australia cd-singles and 7"s from all countries except the USA, Australia and New Zealand also have this cover of Stamp and band name." - Stephane's site.

Back
Top Bottom