smiths cd singles

albert

I saw that you can buy the first smiths cd singles on amazon out in 2008
I only thought it was 7" ?

Do you know http://passionsjustlikemine.com?

In 80s Smiths also released CD singles and 12 inch singles as well as 7 inch through Rough Trade.

What Difference Does It Make?
Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
William, It Was Really Nothing
Barbalism Begins At Home
The Boy With The Thorne In His Side
Panic

etc

Rough Trade CD singles are highly collectable because there aren't many.

In 90s Warner re-released some CD singles.

Last edited:
Read it again Kewps, he's asking if the cds are being re-released with the 7"s.

Wasn't there talk of the singles coming out as 2 track cds as well? I might be wrong. :confused:

ok thanks
I wish they would re-release all the singles on cd
Im not even sure they all are released on cd in the first place ?

I could do with last night(+ rusholme ruffians, nowhere fast, william)
that joke(+meat is murder, nowhere fast, s sister, stretch out and wait)
just for a start

ok thanksI wish they would re-release all the singles on cdIm not even sure they all are released on cd in the first place ? I could do with last night(+ rusholme ruffians, nowhere fast, william)that joke(+meat is murder, nowhere fast, s sister, stretch out and wait)
so you cant buy hand in glove 2 track(audio cd 2008)on amazon?
i mightbe wrong -edit..Im right..
but hand in glove was never released on cd BUT some other smithssingles was here
check this#
smiths dicography
click on the individual singles to see if they have been released on cd
http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/smiths-d.htm
but the b side to the hand in glove single: the live version of "handsome devil" is on the sound of the smiths cd
as well as the orginal single version of "hand in glove"is IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY on hatful of hollow and louder Than bombs
you can easily get the orginal singles on vinyl and those who have been released on cd -"william "and "ask" were for example...is as well on ebay
and the individual lp singles have been reissued as well this month..also at amazon..but you only want them on cd right?
oh and welcome to the forum!;)

Last edited:
The Smiths CD singles

Hi

Seeeing as the cd singles are so expensive to buy, if you can find them, Is there anywhere you can get them as mp3 files?

Re: The Smiths CD singles

Crivens, is it 2008 already? Try iTunes, the deluxe edition of the Sound Of The Smiths has most of what you want. Or the download version of the singles boxset. Both of which you can buy with your money.

Peter

Crivens, is it 2008 already? Try iTunes, the deluxe edition of the Sound Of The Smiths has most of what you want. Or the download version of the singles boxset. Both of which you can buy with your money.

Peter

I have both the sound of the smiths and have bought the singles boxset, so have the mp3's, which website has the best discography so i can see which versions are on the CD Singles, I also have all the albums as I believe some of the b sides are on louder than bombs, is this right?

I have both the sound of the smiths and have bought the singles boxset, so have the mp3's, which website has the best discography so i can see which versions are on the CD Singles, I also have all the albums as I believe some of the b sides are on louder than bombs, is this right?

Peter posted the summary of 7" box set in here ;)

www.passionsjustlikemine.com

is the best reference site there is

I know this isnt the same, but it is a pretty cool workaround if you are someone like myself that likes to have the covers and cd's to display.

Make your own. I did and they came out pretty good.

1. Use the following site to look at all the single releases of the past.

http://passionsjustlikemine.com/smiths-d.htm

2. Gather the mp3's of the songs. Burn to CD

3. Print out the covers from below site using a good quality printer and high quality Jewel case paper.

http://vulgarpicture.com/

Back
Top Bottom