SER reveals the gatefold image for TQID boxset.

Via Instagram stories - an image many of us are familiar with.

40938_ser_tqid.jpg

20171014_010655.png

The mp4 it comes from:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/qy6xas
Regards,
FWD.

The original image:
Smiths-800x530.jpg

Credited to Oli Scarff / Getty.
Published in the Boston Globe, 2010.
Students protesting tuition fee rises.

Related item:

Last edited:
My first reaction to this was that I was unhappy because a record should represent the time in which it was made -even when it’s a re-issue. I guess we get period rarities as extra tracks. To me it felt a bit like Moz George Lucassing up his albums similarly to the way he did with his solo outings.
However now I have thought about it a little bit, the image is iconic. It’s powerful and proves the Smiths capture that zeitgeist. I suppose the only way it could be more effective is if the person in the picture was wearing a QID era t-shirt.

Last edited:
Okay thank, but it looks posed.
And I don't like the implication of it as some kind of political revolution against the monarchy, the institutions as they should be destroyed. That's all laughable and fake.
Each time you vote, you support the process, OK, so we should not vote, but then what?

I never heard the self voted revolutionaries like Russell Brand or Moz come up with a better system or even idea.
It is all like they have some vague idea of anarchy being desirable and liberating.
But for who?
It is totally irrational, misleading and real anarchy making things worser then they are.

It's the romantic idea of Bakoenin, destroying everything, creating chaos and on the ruins we will build a new society, paradise for all. If there are still people who survived, that is and if they don't get killed by the new regime for collaboration as that was the only way to survive.
Flaming cheeseburgers Quando you're baring your teeth there! Nice one. I mostly agree with you. It was like when Jools Holland asked Moz who should be the next Prime Minister and Moz pointed to himself, which was a joke of course but also revealed that Moz didn't know who would make a better PM or US president. The 'each time you vote' line is just silly. Lets all not vote and spend the day in bed and throw our homework onto the fire and kick the bride down the aisle and watch the kids die in blind asylums. All great lyrics and songs but hardly the real behaviour that will improve the world. Most 'anarchists' haven't a clue and are bankrolled by social welfare or in Moz's case the record buying public. Everyone should be equal as long as I still get my luxury hotel room and $1500 cardigan. Yawn.
However I love the photo of the girl protesting and wish it was the cover for the new album.

My first reaction to this was that I was unhappy because a record should represent the time in which it was made -even when it’s a re-issue. I guess we get period rarities as extra tracks. To me it felt a bit like Moz George Lucassing up his albums similarly to the way he did with his solo outings.
However now I have thought about it a little bit, the image is iconic. It’s powerful and proves the Smiths capture that zeitgeist. I suppose the only way it could be more effective is if the guy in the picture was wearing a QID era t-shirt.

The guy is female. :)

Flaming cheeseburgers Quando you're baring your teeth there! Nice one. I mostly agree with you. It was like when Jools Holland asked Moz who should be the next Prime Minister and Moz pointed to himself, which was a joke of course but also revealed that Moz didn't know who would make a better PM or US president. The 'each time you vote' line is just silly. Lets all not vote and spend the day in bed and throw our homework onto the fire and kick the bride down the aisle and watch the kids die in blind asylums. All great lyrics and songs but hardly the real behaviour that will improve the world. Most 'anarchists' haven't a clue and are bankrolled by social welfare or in Moz's case the record buying public. Everyone should be equal as long as I still get my luxury hotel room and $1500 cardigan. Yawn.
However I love the photo of the girl protesting and wish it was the cover for the new album.

'but hardly the real behaviour that will improve the world.'

well, that's a matter of opinion. :lbf:

'$1500 cardigan.'

as BrummieBoy would say... 'receipt ? '

:cool:

Morrissey and Marr are both millionaires who coudn't and never could knock the skin off a rice pudding,or fight their way out of a wet paper bag. Lame, fake, blinkered, opportunistic,egotistical, narcissistic knackers. Wills rant. To both of them.

However now I have thought about it a little bit, the image is iconic. It’s powerful and proves the Smiths capture that zeitgeist. I suppose the only way it could be more effective is if the person in the picture was wearing a QID era t-shirt.

are you saying that this image they used for the gatefold is the Jar Jar Binks of the Smiths art work world ! :lbf:

During the same protests, Prince Charles & Camilla's car was 'attacked' en route to a theatre. So it has an indirect link to his anti-monarchy musings too. View attachment 42437

This?
https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/a-real-smiths-fan-for-david-cameron.112269/
User: 'Invalid'.
Regards,
FWD.

I dunno if the information about the particular woman is right in that she is well off from some posh family but recently in Sweden leading Antifa members here have all came from very posh backgrounds with parents that are ambassadors or have close ties with the swedish government.

On the other hand the local Antifa couple are far from well off and he works at the railway and she has a government funded job at the COOP.

My inner lesbo is a massive fan of her and I should have read the entire old thread cause apparently she wasn't from a posh background.

Maybe that only happens in Sweden where the most rebellious rebel against the posh upbringing they had. The silver spoon turns into a baseball bat.

are you saying that this image they used for the gatefold is the Jar Jar Binks of the Smiths art work world ! :lbf:

Haha! The Jar Jar of the Smiths art world would be the cover of Shoplifters with added Banthas in the background or something.

What Moz has done with re-issuing his solo records - the choppy edits, the ‘improved’ artwork and the swapping of key tracks for rough demos, sort of reminds me what Lucas did with the original trilogy. If you’re an artist and you make a movie or a record it ceases to belong to you once it’s been created. It belongs to everyone. It’s selfish to try and change it.

However I am pleased to say this image really works, and it denotes the fact that the album, the band and the messaging are still relevant today.

My inner lesbo is a massive fan of her and I should have read the entire old thread cause apparently she wasn't from a posh background.

Maybe that only happens in Sweden where the most rebellious rebel against the posh upbringing they had. The silver spoon turns into a baseball bat.

No, that happens in the UK, too. Remember millionaire rockstar Brian Ferry’s son swinging from various London monuments in the name of alleviating poverty or something like that?

Tags
tqid reissue

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom