Salisbury gig Canceled! **** sake Mozzer!

The problem is this. His records/cds are not selling well, as much as we'd like it to be otherwise. The record company have to get their money some way, so they demand more, more, more live dates - they bring in far more money than the releases. And it's beginning to take its toll. Nodules on the vocal cords? That will take an operation to fully remedy the situation. He should take a break.

Peter

Record labels don't take in any income from a tour do they?

At this stage, the cancellations just make me feel sad. No-one's a winner.

I wish I was with him now.

OK, so if the man's ill, the man's ill, I can accept these things happen....but spare a thought for the poor fan (this one for instance, who is another £80 the poorer after having to cancel his hotel reservation for tomorrow night in Salisbury). Coming on top of another costly no-show at Birmingham a couple of weeks ago, I for one am rapidly losing patience with a performer who appears to have scant respect for his fans and seems only too willing to pull gigs at the last minute and for the flimsiest of reasons. Come on Morrissey, what are you, a man or a mouse?! If you can't hack it anymore, jack it in for good, it's only fair to all of us. This increasingly frequent habit of 'no shows' is becoming a nonsense.

We just walked by City Hall and didn't see a cancellation sign. It looked like an awesome venue. Off to Stonehenge instead.

I bought my tickets on Ticketmaster UK and just checked my email...nothing from them. Did anyone else get an email from them? Whatever...going with the girls to Stonehenge in my new Morrissey shirt. BTW it's HOT here! I thought England was cold and rainy! :o

I hope Morrissey manages to sort out his voice problems.
Busy touring in Europe and six re-scheduled gigs in eight days in October. Hardly conducive to recouperation. :(

I knew this would happen he was really struggling last night. So depressing to get home to the west country to that news. On another note maybe it's not just Moz that's ill. My partner had a drink in the hotel bar last night and Boz was in there. When asked how his evening was he charmingly replied 'I've got guts ache.' Nice.

Like Mel_Torment said: only travel if you would enjoy the place even without Moz.

I was lucky with the RAH - my mother had booked her and myself into a Travelodge for two nights and we had plenty of other stuff planned; it was meant to be our treat for my upcoming 21st.

London on Thursday I am staying with a friend and getting drunk with her afterwards - she wasn't meant to be coming to the gig anyway.

It is pretty sad, though, if you have to actively allow for a gig not be on...

At this point ~ flying down from Glasgow to London tomorrow lunchtime for Troxton closing portion of UK 'Tour of Refusal' :rolleyes: ~ I honestly think he should just call it quits and shove these last four dates to October and the next leg. If that is logistically possible. Doubt the Troxy is overbooked but perhaps Brixton would be tricky. Even if the gigs this week go ahead I'm always going to be on tenterhooks thinking the voice could go at anytime, like it did during 'WDYFOFY' on Saturday night. I thought at the time 'Here comes trouble...' :(

At this point ~ flying down from Glasgow to London tomorrow lunchtime for Troxton closing portion of UK 'Tour of Refusal' :rolleyes: ~ I honestly think he should just call it quits and shove these last four dates to October and the next leg. If that is logistically possible. Doubt the Troxy is overbooked but perhaps Brixton would be tricky. Even if the gigs this week go ahead I'm always going to be on tenterhooks thinking the voice could go at anytime, like it did during 'WDYFOFY' on Saturday night. I thought at the time 'Here comes trouble...' :(

I'm also flying from Glasgow tomorrow (on the same flight? mine is an easyjet one at 1:55). I (rather selfishly) hope Morrissey will be able to perform, since it'll be the last chance for me to see him on this tour. :tears:
But it's of course more important that he recuperates fully before going on stage again.

Henrietta

Even if he would reschedule the last 4 remaining UK dates, he still has almost 30 European dates to do, starting next Tuesday in Paris. :(

I'm also flying from Glasgow tomorrow (on the same flight? mine is an easyjet one at 1:55). I (rather selfishly) hope Morrissey will be able to perform, since it'll be the last chance for me to see him on this tour. :tears:
But it's of course more important that he recuperates fully before going on stage again.

Henrietta

I'm sitting here checking ever ten minutes too. I'm on the BMI 3.15pm from Glasgow to Heathrow and if Troxy is cancelled I'll just go down on Wednesday instead for Brixton. I called See but they have had no word as yet. I'm going to ring back at 12 and see if they have any news.

I'm sitting here checking ever ten minutes too. I'm on the BMI 3.15pm from Glasgow to Heathrow and if Troxy is cancelled I'll just go down on Wednesday instead for Brixton. I called See but they have had no word as yet. I'm going to ring back at 12 and see if they have any news.
Fun, aint it ? :(

Back
Top Bottom