Royal Albert Hall show cancelled 11/05/09

Re: Royal Albert Hall show cancelled tonight

This is the worst news :(

Has anyone else spent loads of money on train tickets and hotels?
I have and they are non-refundable :(
No chance I am going to go all the way up to London and book trains/hotel again for the reschedulled date.

I was literally supposed to be leaving to catch the train soon and before I left the house checked another forum and saw this news!

:tears:

Has Morrissey bitten more than he can chew?
Quite busy tour schedule, lots of concerts in a row.

The thing that annoys me most is he has done this before and knows he is not in good enough health to do so much touring, so why on earth did he big such a MASSIVE tour?

Exf***ingactly.

The single release was, to borrow a line from The Thick Of It, double-wank and shit chips.

Oh and there's some reasons why Bob Dylan's records get to #1 - he's one of the biggest selling most influential artists of all-time, still creating new music that interests people, he tours extensively, doesn't pull sickies when he doesn't much fancy it, who is still an interesting interview subject and who seems genuinely grateful for his continued success. I could go on but I think I've made my point.

True! What does Morrissey expects? On the other hand we've got Bruce Springsteen, 59 year old. Giant world tours (still) 3 hours + concerts, he gives his blood on the stage...no wonder he's the BOSS!!!

True! What does Morrissey expects? On the other hand we've got Bruce Springsteen, 59 year old. Giant world tours (still) 3 hours + concerts, he gives his blood on the stage...no wonder he's the BOSS!!!

There a flaw in your argument. Bruce Springsteen is rubbish.

Just phoned RAH and they said awaiting definite decision from promoter by lunchtime about rescheduling, absolutely gutted after travelling to the Roundhouse last year and finding out at the box office. WTF is going on!!

Ok Finally I have my confirmation.. on the RAH website it now states...

This performance has been cancelled. Box office will be in contact with all ticket holders.:tears::tears::tears:

This is bullshit. If this date isn't rescheduled i am going to reconsider my love for Moz. NOt happy.

RAH WEBSITE

This performance has been cancelled. Box Office will be in contact with all ticket holders.

Just phoned RAH and they said awaiting definite decision from promoter by lunchtime about rescheduling, absolutely gutted after travelling to the Roundhouse last year and finding out at the box office. WTF is going on!!

I feel so bad for you that this has happened to you twice now! :(

Morrissey needs to do something more than simply re-schedule to make up for this.

The thing that annoys me most is he has done this before and knows he is not in good enough health to do so much touring, so why on earth did he big such a MASSIVE tour?

I heard he had some financial problems and he tried to auction all of his personal possessions but then found another way to make money with a long World Tour. And now he's suing the auction company because apparently he hasn’t given permission to sell them all.

I'm going to return to the pit I dragged myself from this morning now and contemplate how to break the news to my seven year old when He comes out of school! He was really looking forward to it...:tears:

it blows my mind that he's cancelling a show at the actual Royal Albert Hall, seems ever so slightly flipant.

heart goes out to all the people having to travel there and left completely disappointed, i'm travelling to manchester, but surely he can't pull out his own birthday show... or can he?!?!

my feelings too. after the initial dates were announced and more and more were added, I had a feeling this would happen again.

people get ill, that's fine, but doing too much, too close together doesn't work for him.

and yes, he knows were mug enough for fall for it everytime.

The Roundhouse concerts were my first moz shows ever! and typically the two shows that I had tickets for were only 20 mins long and the other cancelled!!! So far i've had to travel to Cork for Him and have done the O2 wireless!!!:crazy:

..Although I won't give up on Him yet, I'm too persistant...:)

....Love you really Moz..:D

really angers me that he has just done so many dates in the USA too and has let everyone down in the UK.
'America Is Not The World', morrissey...

This is wearing thin..... First Roundhouse, then no NZ/OZ shows now this.

Yes we will follow him but for how much longer. If Troxy is canned....
Well I will cross that bridge if it happens.

:mad:

Oh, for god's sake, I booked a hotel etc. Moz has never cancelled on me before. That guy needs to visit a doctor and get himself sorted !

Back
Top Bottom