roy keane

M

mark

has roy keane stated an opinion about moz's song named after him?

> has roy keane stated an opinion about moz's song named after him?
>a privellage he smirked to me after an ireland match at lansdowne rd a couple of years ago!

Re: roy keane??

I'm sure this is a stupid question, but does Moz like Roy Keane, or is he taking the piss out of him? I couldn't figure out what was going on in the song. Does anyone know?

Anelka, Anelka, Anelka!

it's Roy's Keen, it's about a window cleaner (see George Formby circa 1930's Northern England), we never get to know his last name just that he's an enthusiastic worker.
OR...
Of course it's about that tosser keane, if you get hold of some of the boots with Our Moz singing the song he changes the lyrics from "we've never seen a keener windowcleaner" to "we've never seen a keener midfielder", which unfortunately is that dirty git's position on the footy pitch.
City 'til I die
Grim O'Grady
here's an extract...
"I waited until five minutes before the end, " the midfielder is reported as saying. " I hit him hard. I think the ball was there. Take that you ****'. I didn't even wait for the referee to show the red card. I turned and walked to the dressing room."
keane about his animal behaviour on Alfie Haaland

just read this

tribute or piss-take?

Thanks, but that's not really what I was asking - I know the song is about Roy Keane, but does the song mean Moz likes him or dislikes him? Did he write a song about him because he is a fan of his, or is he just taking the piss out of him - after all he does call him a window cleaner. I couldn't work it out from the lyrics.

Did Bernarbia get an assist yesterday? (Fantasy Footy Q.)

Re: roy keane??

> I'm sure this is a stupid question, but does Moz like Roy Keane, or is he
> taking the piss out of him? I couldn't figure out what was going on in the
> song. Does anyone know?

.he`s a fan im told!and of di canio (west ham ) as well.....

Re: tribute or piss-take?

I think personally he is a closet red (manchester united football club) & by putting out Roy's Keen was his way of 'Outing' himself but still with his air of mystery & charming wit. Obviously birth & geography would account for them (man u not his mysterious charming wit) being his team of choice, as anyone growing up in the 60's & 70's working class towns knows, kids couldn't afford to travel to go watch the exciting football teams & just went to see their local club, now I'm not saying Moz went to watch man u(re) but the kids in his locality did & peer pressure & influence would have played it's part in determining His Football team, you see in this country, or this neck of the woods more to the point because I cannot confirm the thoughts of all the country but the only allegience that you take with you to the grave is your Footy team, hence when at the match & the crowd sing eg. 'City 'til I die' they do actually mean that they will be City fans until they die.
so not sure if it is tribute or piss-take, I prefer the latter but think it may well be the former.
does that help or hinder.
Grim O'Grady
p.s On a personal note, roy keane is a thug & should not be used as an example of the Beautiful Game.

> Thanks, but that's not really what I was asking - I know the song is about
> Roy Keane, but does the song mean Moz likes him or dislikes him? Did he
> write a song about him because he is a fan of his, or is he just taking
> the piss out of him - after all he does call him a window cleaner. I
> couldn't work it out from the lyrics.

Maybe Not!!!

I don't see your point on birth and geography resulting in Morrissey supporting Man Utd. As Morrissey was brought up actually in Manchester, then surely there is less chance of him supporting Man Utd than if he was born or raised in Southampton, Oxford, Brazil, Australia etc. Or maybe I'm wrong and some Man Utd fans do come from Manchester! Good luck KK.

> I think personally he is a closet red (manchester united football club)
> & by putting out Roy's Keen was his way of 'Outing' himself but still
> with his air of mystery & charming wit. Obviously birth &
> geography would account for them (man u not his mysterious charming wit)
> being his team of choice, as anyone growing up in the 60's & 70's
> working class towns knows, kids couldn't afford to travel to go watch the
> exciting football teams & just went to see their local club, now I'm
> not saying Moz went to watch man u(re) but the kids in his locality did
> & peer pressure & influence would have played it's part in
> determining His Football team, you see in this country, or this neck of
> the woods more to the point because I cannot confirm the thoughts of all
> the country but the only allegience that you take with you to the grave is
> your Footy team, hence when at the match & the crowd sing eg. 'City
> 'til I die' they do actually mean that they will be City fans until they
> die.
> so not sure if it is tribute or piss-take, I prefer the latter but think
> it may well be the former.
> does that help or hinder.
> Grim O'Grady
> p.s On a personal note, roy keane is a thug & should not be used as an
> example of the Beautiful Game.

Frank Shankly's Music

Re: Maybe Not!!!

> I don't see your point on birth and geography resulting in Morrissey
> supporting Man Utd. As Morrissey was brought up actually in Manchester,
> then surely there is less chance of him supporting Man Utd than if he was
> born or raised in Southampton, Oxford, Brazil, Australia etc. Or maybe I'm
> wrong and some Man Utd fans do come from Manchester! Good luck KK.

c'mon let's be fair here, I was talking about Mozzers formative years 1960's & 70's, I know since the sad day of Munich the british media have been up man u's arses & this may have swayed the gullible southerners (no offence to non manu southerners btw) into being manu until they are no longer title toppers & then become Liverpool/Arsenal 'fans'. But I've no qualms with Northern manu fans (even though I'm as guilty as the next Blue of perpetuating the myth of no Manchester reds) as old trafford is in Mozzers catchment area & now luckily he's rich enough to be able to afford to go watch 'em should he so choose. If I became a popstar tomorrow & did a runner to L.A. I'd still be a City fan, get a copy of Frank Skinners autobiog', 1. it's a good read (imho) 2. The Smiths get a mention (just the once) 3. he's better at explaining footy roots than me.

Grim O'Grady

Re: Maybe Not!!!

Moz was apparently a United fan when he was a kid, although it doesn't sound like he was particularly avid. But there was some story about how his dad nearly played for them or something like that. He does still like football, but I don't know if he's still a red, I've never heard of him going to see them.

Anyway, I would have thought City would have suited him better.

Back
Top Bottom