Roll Call: The Palace in Columbus, OH

Hey Rockabilleigh
What time are you showing up for the show? lets meet up so we can have a pre-show hang time. You too CDubya! what time is the soundcheck?? I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited! I love Morrissey! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Usually around 3:30-4 pm

Tip Top is great for drinks - a couple of blocks North on Gay Street, I might go there. Where are you sitting and what should I call you other than swallow sweater if i happen to see you?

I'm Leigh, and I'm in pit B row BBB.
Looking forward to it!

In Pittsburgh the soundcheck was around 4:30 but I didn't see moz, we heard the band soundcheck w/o him.
I think I may have read that he shows up btwn 6 or 7.
I'm staying at the Hyatt and hoping to bump into him there....maybe???

I'm in Section 3, front row - so just behind you to the left.

I'm Cary - black rimmed glasses (maybe) - wavy hair - most likely a black tee or shirt of some sort.

I wear black on the outside cause...

Last edited:
So far, I've only heard about two rows in the pit. Where are you? I'm kinda curious because we are in Row A (2nd or third row now) I paid like $241 each for these...thinking they were front row. This is kind of a "dream come true" birthday present for my wife. I was a little bummed to find out about the pit section, but it was too late. We are driving 5 hours to get there today from WV.

I think he means he is selling the row C tix because he now has PIT tickets? A little late to try and unload tickets at a show that isn't sold out, but oh well. At this point just give tickets to those who will USE them.

Yes there is a PIT - usually only 2/3 rows at the Palace, but I wouldn't worry about it - you still really are front row. Last show everyone in the first few rows sorta moved up in there anyways once security relaxed.

Come by and say "hi" DJ - we (my wife and I) are just down the row from you in Sec 3, 109.

CDUBYA-

Look for us. I will be wearing a black button up shirt with a white T underneath and jeans. My wife is SO SICK right now. She's had a fever the past two days, throwing up on the way here. We had about a 4 hour drive. But I hate for her to miss this show. I have about a grand sank into it. It was her brithday gift. She even cried wehn I gave her the tickets. She refuses to get dressed up tonight. She will likely be wearing a big grey sweatshirt. But we will be there.

I'm in my room at the hotel now. I did walk down to the theater a few minutes ago, took some pics, saw the Morrissey message scrolling across the digital board. I'm starting to feel the excitement. I saw two buses parked beside the theater. Not sure if it was the band or crew.

Show starts at 7:30... that means I wanna be there by 7pm...to get my merch early and check out the place. I hope my wife makes it. (fingers crossed) She loves Morrissey like nobody else!

CDUBYA-

Look for us. I will be wearing a black button up shirt with a white T underneath and jeans. My wife is SO SICK right now. She's had a fever the past two days, throwing up on the way here. We had about a 4 hour drive. But I hate for her to miss this show. I have about a grand sank into it. It was her brithday gift. She even cried wehn I gave her the tickets. She refuses to get dressed up tonight. She will likely be wearing a big grey sweatshirt. But we will be there.

I'm in my room at the hotel now. I did walk down to the theater a few minutes ago, took some pics, saw the Morrissey message scrolling across the digital board. I'm starting to feel the excitement. I saw two buses parked beside the theater. Not sure if it was the band or crew.

Show starts at 7:30... that means I wanna be there by 7pm...to get my merch early and check out the place. I hope my wife makes it. (fingers crossed) She loves Morrissey like nobody else!

awww, you sound like the sweetest husband ever! haha :)

Just got back from show in Columbus, it was GREAT! I enjoyed the opening band a lot. You guys should get there early and check them out. Morrissey looked and sounded great. I really liked Skull, Paris, Charming Man, Ask, How Soon is Now and Carol. Very rockin' set with just a few dull spots. Tossed one shirt (pink) into the crowd. Crowd up front was into it. Lots of stage invaders at the end. A few made it to Morrissey...the rest were tackled and slung back off the stage. I got to see the set list at the end. A lady a few rows back caught it. Boz has made it into a paper airplane and sailed it over the crowd.

Me and 2 friends were in the balcony... even that was amazing! I was surprised at all the empty seats up there... but anyway, I hope someone will post the set list and does anyone know where fans post photos of the shows? I saw many people up front taking pictures with their phones and maybe one actual camera. Several people made it on stage and all the way to Moz. I was only expecting 3 Smiths songs -maybe I read previous set lists wrong, but Death Of A Disco Dancer was a nice surprise. Also did This Charming Man, How Soon Is Now? and Ask, which were the 3 I was expecting.
Someone gave Moz a record called 'Stinky Toys' and he seemed duly impressed... I do not purport to know all there is to know about Moz, so maybe you all can enlighten me on the significance of the gift?
He gave a girl the mic and she begged him, "Please sign my daddy's record. He is obsessed with you!" Unfortunately, no luck there. He did not oblige.
I would write more, but tomorrow is a long day- first day of class in the AM and then work... :squiffy:
p.s. What does 'squiffy' mean?

Someone gave Moz a record called 'Stinky Toys' and he seemed duly impressed...

A record of the french punk band 'Stinky toys' !?! :squiffy:

http://www.myspace.com/officialstinkytoys

If it's true that was this record I am like Morrissey very impressed!

Elli Meideros and Jacno are still closed to the french singer Etienne Daho who is closed to Alain White who is closed to Morrissey....is far fetched? Maybe :D

When offered that record - he asked what are they called? Girl said Stinky Toys as Morrissey was walking away. He then stopped and said, The Stinky Toys, I'm now interested. He took the record and asked where are they from? Then put the record on the drum kit.

Re: The Palace in Columbus... anyone going?

they gave them away out front after the show - did you get one?

If anyone has an extra of this poster I'd love to work out a trade.

Can't believe I missed it. And it was free too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom