Ringleader of the Tormentors won Best Art Vinyl in 2006

Abrahan

...with an N.
Subscriber
The Best Art Vinyl award celebrates artists and designers of vinyl record cover art.

A bit late, I learned today that Ringleader had won Best Art Vinyl in 2006 according to the winner's list on Wikipedia.

I searched solo and it was never mentioned.

I wonder if they knew Lovino was just capturing Morrissey emulating J. Garfield in a film scene?
Unfortunately, the No Allegiances site was on hiatus in 2006 (unable to verify as to why).
I had just added them to the Wiki as they broke down the Years Of Refusal sleeve in detail (2009):
I'd have liked one similar for Ringleader.
Where they may have acknowledged their award too.
There was obviously some animosity between Morrissey and Anthony Lui (who was No Allegiances in all but name), but that's shrouded in even more mystery.
Regards,
FWD.

1710889003420.jpeg

:trophy: :partypooper: :clap:

I love ringleader even though it's not one of his more popular albums, would be nice to see it reissued on vinyl apparently the vinyl mastering was put onto the CD or something and that's why the CD doesn't sound very good? A 7/10 for the cover art from me it's certainly better than his choices from swords onwards for me.

I've actually never been too keen on the Ringleader cover. But this photo on the inside gatefold is amazing, and I think it could be been a good choice for the cover.

1710948044006.png

Back
Top Bottom