Morrissey Central "Release" - Bonfire release details (October 29, 2022)

As posted on Morrissey central

Capitol Records (Los Angeles) will release Morrissey’s ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’ in February 2023. The album will be released worldwide except for the United Kingdom, where there is no label deal. ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’ is produced by Grammy-producer Andrew Watt, and was recorded in Los Angeles. The musicians on the album are Jesse Tobias, Andrew Watt, Josh Klinghoffer (ex-Chili Peppers), and Chad Smith and Flea (both of the Chili Peppers). The album features Miley Cyrus and Iggy Pop on additional vocals. The eleven tracks are: I Am Veronica, Rebels Without Applause, Kerouac’s Crack, Ha Ha Harlem, I Live in Oblivion, Bonfire of Teenagers, My Funeral, Diana Dors, I Ex-love You, Sure Enough The Telephone Rings, Saint In a Stained Glass Window. Album art is by Liam Lynch. Capitol Records (Los Angeles) has also licensed the rights to re-release Morrissey’s albums ‘Southpaw Grammar’, ‘You Are The Quarry’, ‘Ringleader of the Tormentors’, ‘Years of Refusal’ and ‘World Peace is None of Your Business’, and these will be available in deluxe vinyl/LP formats. As with ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’, the albums will be issued worldwide except for the United Kingdom until a UK label steps in. Morrissey is managed by Maverick/Quest in Los Angeles.

Morrissey’s next concert is at the Toyota Arena, Ontario, California on November 11.

DSCF3881.JPG
DSCF3890.JPG

Photos by S.E.R.

Media items:

Red Hot Chili Peppers album 'Unlimited Love' released April 1st 2022: reached #1 in Argentina, #1 in Australia, #1 in Austria, #1 in Canada, #1 in Croatia, #1 in France, #1 in Germany, #1 in Hungary, #1 in Ireland, #1 in The Netherlands, #1 in New Zealand, #1 in Portugal, #1 in Switzerland, #1 in the UK, #1 on the US Billboard 200, #1 on US Top Alternative Albums Billboard chart, #1 on US Top Rock Albums Billboard chart. Also #2 in Belgium, #2 in Greece, #2 in Italy, #2 in Spain, #2 in Sweden, #3 in Czechia, #3 in Finland, #4 in Denmark, #4 in Poland, #7 in Lithuania, #9 in Japan, #9 in Norway.

Red Hot Chili Peppers album 'Return of the Dream Canteen' released October 14th 2022: reached #1 in Austria, #1 in France, #1 in Germany, #1 in The Netherlands #1 in New Zealand, #1 in Switzerland, #1 on US Top Alternative Albums Billboard chart, #1 on US Top Rock Albums Billboard chart. Also #2 in Australia, #2 in Belgium, #2 in Hungary, #2 in the UK, #3 in Canada, #3 on the US Billboard 200, #4 in Ireland, #4 in Poland, #5 in Italy, #7 in Spain, #9 in Japan.

Iggy Pop monthly Spotify listeners: 4.7 million.
Red Hot Chili Peppers monthly Spotify listeners: 26.3 million.
Miley Cyrus monthly Spotify listeners: 34.4 million.
Morrissey monthly Spotify listeners: 1.7 million.

And your point is?

I’m sure we could add even worse pop atrocities to this list with vaster streaking figures & chart successes & the only thing we would confirm is that there is no decent explanation for the lack of taste in the majority of the human population.

Let us all join in prayer that that sleeve we saw a year ago with a teenage Morrissey multiplied with crappy red font is not Liam Lynch's effort.

Let us all join in prayer that that sleeve we saw a year ago with a teenage Morrissey multiplied with crappy red font is not Liam Lynch's effort.
But sadly he was mentioned as the person who did that artwork. It was in the Morrissey Central post that first announced the album back in May 2021.

yip think the album cover we saw will be the actual one.its unimaginative but its not a deal breaker on whether you buy the album or not.

I don't know, I've always liked it when he's opining on things other than his music. But you raise a good point: any interviewer who asks about For Britain would be a total hack, since that's already been asked and answered to death. And most interviewers probably would.

Sitting for another interview with Russell Brand might be interesting. Russell Brand is such an oddball at this point, and so caught up in the state of things, I don't think he's capable of asking the boring questions a media journalist would.
Moz should do an interview on GB News in the UK. Andrew Doyle, for example, would give him a fair hearing. Or maybe even 'Talking Pints' with Nigel Farage? Now that would be something to see. In fact, Morrissey was mentioned by Andrew Doyle on his programme 'Free Speech Nation' on Sunday. Morrissey is mentioned very briefly in a discussion about Jerry Lee Lewis, and separating the artist from his art. Morrissey is mentioned at about 19'05''. The full segment on Jerry Lee Lewis starts at about 15'35''. It is sad though that Moz's name now seems to come up repeatedly in any conversation about artists who have committed crimes.

or maybe Jim Davidson?

Personally I think Morrissey should steer clear of any comment on these topics.

It is sad though that Moz's name now seems to come up repeatedly in any conversation about artists who have committed crimes.
It’s completely absurd is what it is. Most who lump him in with “real perpetrators” have probably just picked up on some second or third-hand information and hearsay. I think very few know the full scope or the details, yet still feel they’re equipped to speak out. And it gets repeated ad nauseoum. It’s gruesome.

yip think the album cover we saw will be the actual one.its unimaginative but its not a deal breaker on whether you buy the album or not.
No of course not. It's just that it looked like a first pass and unworthy of release just yet. Back when we were all complaining about the World Peace sleeve with hindsight it's a masterpiece compared to some we've seen since then. The Low in High School one with that kid was awful but the vinyl deluxe and singles all looked fantastic. I wish he stayed with whoever did those.

Not in the UK, eh? Looks like we’ll all need to start putting some money aside to pay for those astronomical postage costs.

Record shops / webstores stock import records, yes they will be slightly more expensive, but you don't have to literally but them from the U.S.

Does the limited release mean it will be unavailable to UK users of iTunes?

Does the limited release mean it will be unavailable to UK users of iTunes?
I don't think it will be available in any form in the UK. If it was going to be available as a digital only release I'm sure the statement would have said so and we would all be chilled.

I don't think it will be legal for apple, or anyone else for that matter, to make the album available in another country. For example, what about things like VAT? You would have just bought an item in the UK but not paid any.

I don't know anything about how the music industry works but I think we still need an organisation in the UK to distribute this.

Agree with the above. From the information we have so far, it very much sounds like the album will not be available on any streaming services to users in the UK.

I don't think it will be available in any form in the UK. If it was going to be available as a digital only release I'm sure the statement would have said so and we would all be chilled.

I don't think it will be legal for apple, or anyone else for that matter, to make the album available in another country. For example, what about things like VAT? You would have just bought an item in the UK but not paid any.

I don't know anything about how the music industry works but I think we still need an organisation in the UK to distribute this.
Agree with the above. From the information we have so far, it very much sounds like the album will not be available on any streaming services to users in the UK.
I perhaps should be using the term ‘iMusic’ (the app on my phone). But yes, I accept it probably won’t afford me access to the LP.

I have used several European digital sellers amongst 'local' ones to provide 'official' files here as soon as humanly possible (assuming no leaks that is). They don't care one iota about where their money comes from, nor have they ever.
Regards,
FWD.

You can use your uk amazon account to buy from amazon us, ive done so a few times wi no customs issues and postage was fair

I wonder when we get the first single, in December maybe? IANADOAC was released March the 20th and the first single (digital) dropped on the 10th of January.

Further minutiae, but I wonder which Capitol Records logo Morrissey will want (or get).

Folks never mind Veronica... Bonfire at this moment in time would be some release... Moz drop it on Spotify tomorrow and watch the reaction... Missing a moment methinks

Tags
bonfire of teenagers
Back
Top Bottom