Question About "Action Is My Middle Name"

H

Hornyssey

if it had been released as a single, which chart position had been reached?

something like this, maybe:

Side A:
Action is my middle name

Side B:
People are the same everywhere
The kid's a looker or Scandinavia

hard to say as too much depends on promotion and time of release (competition)

After watching 25Live again yesterday (well, listening to it...I was working and played it on my iPhone) I actually really enjoy "Action Is My Middle Name" second out of the 4 tracks from that era (Scandinavia is the best of the four IMO)

song is pretty good, at least when i saw him preform it it went down well imo, but musical quality doesnt always have as direct a correlation to charting. not selling albums but charting

Not to be to negative, but in this current climate and with Morrissey's current lineup, the prospect of a successful single charting are extremely slim regardless of its quality.

Apropros of nothing, seeing as it was mentioned in this thread - am I the only Morrissey fan who absolutely despises "Scandinavia"? It's bloody awful. Bad tune, bad lyrics.

It would be cool to hear the proper studio version if one was ever recorded.

Lyrically it's got that relatable quality like "All You Need Is Me" and musically it's probably even more pleasant but "All You..." only charted at #24. So I think if it was released back in 2011 it could have come in around 30-50 but who knows.

The radio doesn't normally give Morrissey singles enough plays to gain traction and become one of those hits that everybody knows. Most major artists and many lesser artists than Morrissey have been afforded at least one smash hit and Morrissey has enough -- and plenty good enough -- songs to have been given one but you can count on one hand really how many of his singles received any significant push by the people in charge. Far too many of his songs have fallen off the charts within 3 weeks of release.

Last edited:
I would've loved to have heard Joe Chiccarelli clean up that track. KId's a looker and People are the same can go in the bin. No element of production could shine up those two turds.

Apropros of nothing, seeing as it was mentioned in this thread - am I the only Morrissey fan who absolutely despises "Scandinavia"? It's bloody awful. Bad tune, bad lyrics.

No, I think it's f***ing awful.

Sir leads the troops,
Jealous of Youth

No. Apparently there's two of you.

Back
Top Bottom