Possibility of Scottish date?

NFinn

Hey,

First post here, so forgive the ignorance.

Morrissey is one of the few artists I like where I can't moan about Scotland being ignored - lets face it, we've had 4 (?) dates this year already, which is incredibly lucky (albeit unlucky for me, 'cos I couldn't make a single one), and all of the previous tours have had at least one Scottish date.

So I'm wondering, are there any rumours of a Scottish date for the "Swords" tour?

I'd love to see Morrissey head up to Aberdeen again, the AECC and the Music Hall are lacking any real big acts this fall/winter. Plus, Aberdeen would be somewhere he hasn't done recently; I went to Edinburgh to see the man himself last year, and Stirling, Glasgow and Dundee all got a visit this year.

As I said earlier, I really don't mean to sound like I'm moaning about it, but with new dates being added all the time, I'm incredibly excited at even the remotest of thoughts that Moz COULD hit Scotland again this year. Anyone else?? :D

When Livepool gig was announced in July SeeTickets sent us an email that it's the last North West England gig in 2009.

Possibly no more Scottish dates in 2009.

But Scotland isn't in England! :p

Haha, I understand what you mean though. Thanks for the response :lbf:

I'd like to see Morrissey play Inverness. :thumb:

Yeah, I live in England, know the difference between Scotland, England and Wales.

Morrissey didn't play Dublin earlier this year (someone posted that Morrissey didn't like the suggested venue) which explains Dublin date in November.

The statement on tty seemed pretty definitive.
It would be a surprise and a shame if there were no Scotch 'Swords' shows, but, looking on the bright side, we have been pretty bloody blessed re:Moz gigs this year; a cracking quadruple opening salvo to the UK 'Refusal' tour, including the 2 finest shows of the tour at Barrowland Ballroom. :)

hope he plays another scottish date. I long for the day when moz plays an ayrshire gig. i

The statement on tty seemed pretty definitive.
It would be a surprise and a shame if there were no Scotch 'Swords' shows, but, looking on the bright side, we have been pretty bloody blessed re:Moz gigs this year; a cracking quadruple opening salvo to the UK 'Refusal' tour, including the 2 finest shows of the tour at Barrowland Ballroom. :)
I'm gutted but you are right - he can't beat those Barras gigs and he wouldn't play there again so soon.

Playhouse in February again?!!! *clutching at straws*

I’m so disappointed there’s no Scottish date. How could he leave us out?

Maybe we should start some kind of online petition. We could submit something to the main board so that everyone will see it and just ask Scottish fans to leave a comment about how sad and disappointed they are, and see how many comments we get.

Back
Top Bottom