Pet Shop Boys live...

R

russ t

...saw them on Friday at the opening of their mini-tour in Bristol.... and they were brilliant.

Johnny's influence is there on all the new tracks (which sound like their best material in years), but hewasn't there in person - rumour has it that he'll make the London shows?

Well impressed.

> ...saw them on Friday at the opening of their mini-tour in Bristol.... and
> they were brilliant.

> Johnny's influence is there on all the new tracks (which sound like their
> best material in years), but hewasn't there in person - rumour has it that
> he'll make the London shows?

> Well impressed.

I used to loathe them at the time when everything they did went to NO 1, but then I heard Rent, which is an outstanding track and gave them a chance. Have to admit the prospect of seeing them live doesn't appeal to me too much. Still Neil Tenant is a top bloke, got a lot of time for him (please no boring gay comments from anyone).

...here's a review of the gig from today's Guardian - with a mention of Morrissey in there, too!
http://www.guardian.co.uk/Archive/Article/0,4273,4353533,00.html

Billy Budd - I know what you mean - I hated them in the 80s, it was only after Being Boring and the fantastic 'Behaviour' album that I took notice.... but to me they are the ultimate pop band - they always have the best videos, record covers, clothes....and they are cruelly underrated songwriters.... Rent is one of the finest pop songs ever written, I agree.

As Neil Tennant once said 'I like to think we're the Smiths you can dance to'....

> I used to loathe them at the time when everything they did went to NO 1,
> but then I heard Rent, which is an outstanding track and gave them a
> chance. Have to admit the prospect of seeing them live doesn't appeal to
> me too much. Still Neil Tenant is a top bloke, got a lot of time for him
> (please no boring gay comments from anyone).

Back
Top Bottom