Passions Just Like Mine RIP

Re: Passions Just Like Mine RIP - not

While there is a lot of info sourced from the PJLM archive (credit is given), I think it's incorrect to say 'all the contents were taken and copied word-for-word'. It didn't seem you were offended about info being copied earlier:

You cannot steal information that has been made public. I never got offended to see my descriptions copy-pasted all over the internet.

That's old news. Some people were about to relaunch the site in another format (without any involvement from me), but then all the contents were taken and copied word-for-word on the Morrissey-solo Wiki, so Team 2.0 decided it was not worth it to put all these efforts in if everything is going to be copied elsewhere. And I don't blame them to be honest.

Stephane

That's old news. Some people were about to relaunch the site in another format (without any involvement from me), but then all the contents were taken and copied word-for-word on the Morrissey-solo Wiki, so Team 2.0 decided it was not worth it to put all these efforts in if everything is going to be copied elsewhere. And I don't blame them to be honest.

Stephane

I'm assuming you're talking about 2 pages where PJLM content was used (and credited) as an example of what could be done with a wiki entry. Those pages are:

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/wiki/Utrecht,_Holland_1991-05-01_(Morrissey_concert)
http://www.morrissey-solo.com/wiki/Derby,_England_1983-12-06_(The_Smiths_concert)

There were and are no plans to use any of the concert and bootleg descriptions from PJLM in the wiki. If there's something else you're referring to then I'd be glad to know what it is.

Stephane

I thought you were in on the wiki-solo thing. :eek:

It didn't seem you were offended about info being copied earlier:

I'm not offended. I've moved on to other projects and my head is elsewhere. It was their decision and their motivation, I had no involvement in PJLM2.0

I know how much work this was, so I don't blame them not to want to invest so much effort if everything gets copied here.

Stephane

As I mentioned before not 'everything' is copied. I think mainly the setlists from concerts pre-1997 and again these were all credited. It's a bit circular sometimes you'll have to admit - a lot of the information for concerts on PJLM was taken from this site and for the most part not credited.

I'm not offended. I've moved on to other projects and my head is elsewhere. It was their decision and their motivation, I had no involvement in PJLM2.0

I know how much work this was, so I don't blame them not to want to invest so much effort if everything gets copied here.

Stephane

Last edited:

No offence meant, but the morrissey-solo wiki is of no use for us collectors. Where as Stephane`s collector appendix was invaluable to myself and i imagine other collectors. I know I badly miss being able to refer to it.

If there was some way us collectors could access this info I would be very interested. It would be criiminal if all your hard work was lost.

So I think that is some proof the wiki is not an exact word-for-word copy.

The wiki itself is open to anyone who wants to contribute information, it's greatly encouraged. If those with the collector's information prefer to post elsewhere or keep it to themselves for whatever reason, that's up to them.

No offence meant, but the morrissey-solo wiki is of no use for us collectors. Where as Stephane`s collector appendix was invaluable to myself and i imagine other collectors. I know I badly miss being able to refer to it.

If there was some way us collectors could access this info I would be very interested. It would be criiminal if all your hard work was lost.

a lot of the information for concerts on PJLM was taken from this site and for the most part not credited.

Not right. Information from concerts was found here and elsewhere, but the text was all mine or from people who contributed directly to me. If any bits were identical between the two sites, it's because the contributor submitted it here and to me as well... and even then I rewrote it most of the time. These contributors were generally credited, except for those who asked not to be. Anyways, the biggest source for all the concert information were the bootlegs, and from the mid-2000s, the Youtube footage.

Anyways, David, there's no need to be on the defensive, I wasn't attacking you. People asked for an update and I decided to give the reasons why the site won't be back.

I surely don't miss the bickering!

Stephane

I recall making some typos on an occasional setlist and somehow those got copied over to PJLM, even though I didn't submit it myself. Viva Hate also mentioned an account he wrote for a Florida concert on this site was copied over without credit.

Anyway, yes I was defensive as you made it seem the creation of the wiki was the reason the redesign of PJLM isn't happening and suggested everything on PJLM was copied and pasted to the wiki. Personally, I along with many others found PJLM as a great resource and I fully supported it, I don't see why all resources can't co-exist. It would be interesting to hear directly what the reasons team 2.0 abandoned the project.

I understand the reasons you've explained earlier why you don't want to keep the original PJLM public and it's ultimately your choice. You mentioned there were a lot of contributions to the site, it would be a shame for their efforts to be unseen also. I hope you see that it is still valuable even if not updated as people now need to resort to the web archive which is less reliable.

Not right. Information from concerts was found here and elsewhere, but the text was all mine or from people who contributed directly to me. If any bits were identical between the two sites, it's because the contributor submitted it here and to me as well... and even then I rewrote it most of the time. These contributors were generally credited, except for those who asked not to be. Anyways, the biggest source for all the concert information were the bootlegs, and from the mid-2000s, the Youtube footage.

Anyways, David, there's no need to be on the defensive, I wasn't attacking you. People asked for an update and I decided to give the reasons why the site won't be back.

I surely don't miss the bickering!

Stephane

I recall making some typos on an occasional setlist and somehow those got copied over to PJLM, even though I didn't submit it myself.

Well yes of course I may have copy-pasted setlists, a catalogue number or a date. There's just one way to write a song title or a catalogue number. I'm talking about creative content, description and information in the form of sentences. I have never used anyone's text without credit and I have to admit I regret coming out to contribute here for the first time in months and having to defend accusations of the sort.

I have visited the Moz-solo wiki twice at the very beginning and already found all concert descriptions from PJLM copy-pasted word-for-word (albeit old versions of the text from the internet archives). This means people behind the wiki will have no scrupples about copying whatever else Team 2.0 will come up with. Anyhow, this is not my fight, it's theirs. I know I'm not getting involved again, life has been too good since I got my free time back!

M&B, if you want to come out and deal with this, be my guests. I'm out of here!

Stephane

MozRecording posted before - there were a few example concert descriptions in the wiki but it's certainly not all concerts.

Why are you bringing up scruples? I thought you didn't mind public information being copied, or are you backtracking on that statement?

And I'm sure your free time is valuable just as mine is to me but what's the big deal with taking a few minutes to give an update?

Well yes of course I may have copy-pasted setlists, a catalogue number or a date. There's just one way to write a song title or a catalogue number. I'm talking about creative content, description and information in the form of sentences. I have never used anyone's text without credit and I have to admit I regret coming out to contribute here for the first time in months and having to defend accusations of the sort.

I have visited the Moz-solo wiki twice at the very beginning and already found all concert descriptions from PJLM copy-pasted word-for-word (albeit old versions of the text from the internet archives). This means people behind the wiki will have no scrupples about copying whatever else Team 2.0 will come up with. Anyhow, this is not my fight, it's theirs. I know I'm not getting involved again, life has been too good since I got my free time back!

Stephane

Anyhow, this is not my fight, it's theirs. I know I'm not getting involved again, life has been too good since I got my free time back!

Stephane

I'm glad to hear that life is treating you well since you broke free from pjlm, Stephane. It is a shame that your first posts on solo for many months have been treated with such venom - it wasn't called for.

Personally, I haven't been on the wiki since its launch and I never saw it as a replacement for pjlm. Hopefully M&B will be able to produce something soon.

Dave

Last edited:

Stephane

Your work on PJLM was extraordinary, Stephane, and done for all the right reasons.

For us collectors, PJLM was The Bible. Thank you Stephane for everything you have done and I wish you the best in your private life.
Take Care

Cheers Moz

I thought you were in on the wiki-solo thing. :eek:

The only people who worked on the Solo-Wiki were Davidt, MozRecording, Skylarker & me.

I find it very annoying that the hours worth of work and research we put into the Solo-Wiki is being shrugged off as plagiarism...especially when it comes from someone who was essentially too lazy & too cheap to keep their own site open and overtly guilty of 'copying and pasting' 95% of their site's content from the main page of Solo.

Please resurrect Passions Just Like Mine

The only people who worked on the Solo-Wiki were Davidt, MozRecording, Skylarker & me.

I find it very annoying that the hours worth of work and research we put into the Solo-Wiki is being shrugged off as plagiarism...especially when it comes from someone who was essentially too lazy & too cheap to keep their own site open and overtly guilty of 'copying and pasting' 95% of their site's content from the main page of Solo.

*sigh*

No need for bitching.

As a part of Solo and wiki team, I'd like to apologise to the new admin team of PJLM.
We did not intend to upset you.

Morrissey Wiki and PJLM can co-exist for all the people who appreciate Smiths and Morrissey's work.

I sincerely hope they will change their minds and relaunch PJLM version 2.0 in near future.

Re: Please resurrect Passions Just Like Mine

*sigh*

No need for bitching.

As a part of Solo and wiki team, I'd like to apologise to the new admin team of PJLM.
We did not intend to upset you.

Morrissey Wiki and PJLM can co-exist for all the people who appreciate Smiths and Morrissey's work.

I sincerely hope they will change their minds and relaunch PJLM version 2.0 in near future.

Quit your groveling...you're embarrassing yourself.

You're summing up Stephane's years of work as lazy? Wow.

Back
Top Bottom