Pain in Morrissey's eyes?

Scarlet1987

The sanest days are mad
I don't know if anyone feels the same but everytime I see this performance of Roy's keen on TOTP and the new year party on channel 5 when I look at Morrissey's performance he seems to looks deeply depressed. He seems to be pretty dead in the eyes and just really lacklustre?! I suppose it may be all about this break up business but I was just wondering if anyone else felt the same. When I listen to that album, especially trouble loves me and satan rejected my soul I think there is deep sadness in his voice.
Just my opinion.

Thank you for reading!

And don't get angry that this has been moved already to TOTP but I desperately wanted people's opinion!

I don't know if anyone feels the same but everytime I see this performance of Roy's keen on TOTP and the new year party on channel 5 when I look at Morrissey's performance he seems to looks deeply depressed. He seems to be pretty dead in the eyes and just really lacklustre?! I suppose it may be all about this break up business but I was just wondering if anyone else felt the same. When I listen to that album, especially trouble loves me and satan rejected my soul I think there is deep sadness in his voice.
Just my opinion.

Thank you for reading!

And don't get angry that this has been moved already to TOTP but I desperately wanted people's opinion!

I've always thought in certain pictures his eyes look sadder than in others.

I think it's probably caused by the amount of people who project all their personal concerns, fantasies and neurosis onto him. I know it would piss me off sometimes. :sick:

How extremely unkind. That TOTP performance has always played on my mind....just wanted other peoples opinion on the matter

He feels that the song is a real pain. (Not his best, we can agree on that.)

I can't detect anything special about his eyes. I do believe that if he was depressed he wouldn't perform at all.

He feels that the song is a real pain. (Not his best, we can agree on that.)

Exactly, it probably pained him that he was on national TV and Roys Keen was all he had to flog.

Late 1997 I believe was not a good time for Moz.

It was after the Chester gig in December that he took his seven year hiatus.

I remember being at Battersea Power Station and saw him put his head in his hands during the instrumental break of Paint A Vulgar Picture - he just looked a person going through a personal agony.

Being on TOTP can do that to a man.

Looks like you go pain behind those eyes. There's only one cure for pain like that. Weed. You got any?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you go pain behind those eyes. There's only one cure for pain like that. Weed.

Bleh. No way, pain like that requires a pizza, some soda and Sundays tivo'd True Blood episode.

I rationalize it's better to eat your pain and fatten up for the cold winter of sleeping alone in bed than killing off brain cells which won't regenerate. Besides, boys with belly's stimulate clitoris's better than skinny druggies. The belly (Buddha's) bumps up against the shazing while he's, you know...

First time I've seen that TOTP performance for a while...the song's nothing special and I'm not sure about the 'pain in his eyes', but he looks bloody good :horny:

Back
Top Bottom