Open letter for moderators.

beau

It's my understanding that the "Marketplace" is for the buying/selling/trading of Smiths/Morrissey/related items. Much like the classified section of a newspaper. A Morrissey Penny Saver, so to speak.

On the main forum page it is described as a forum for "Items for sale / trade" which is what I partially base my assumption on. This would suggest that any items being bought or sold on Morrissey-solo should be done on this page.

The "Collectors Corner" is here to "discuss Morrissey and Smiths collectors items".

I think it's safe to assume this would also include discussions about acquisition, care and preservation of said collectors items.

If my assumptions are correct, then why was the "Poster Framing" moved from the Collectors Corner, to the Marketplace? They were not attempting to buy, sell or trade a Smiths/Morrissey/related item. They were enquiring about the care and preservation of a Smiths/Morrissey/related item on Morrissey-solo.

The thread entitled "Anyone else got trouble with this guy on ebay?" which had to do with the acquisition of Smiths/Morrissey related items was also moved to the Marketplace. They were not attempting to buy or sell an item on Morrissey-solo.

The "How much would you spend for Les inrocks 2" thread was seeking advice on the acquisition of a Smiths/Morrissey/related item. They were not selling one, or looking to buy one on Morrissey-solo.

My unsolicited advice for the moderators. If it doesn't sound like it would belong in the hypothetical classified section of a newspaper, than don't put it in the Marketplace. Just because the post might include words like "buy", "sell" or "eBay" doesn't necessarily mean it belongs in the Marketplace.

It's my understanding that the "Marketplace" is for the buying/selling/trading of Smiths/Morrissey/related items. Much like the classified section of a newspaper. A Morrissey Penny Saver, so to speak.

On the main forum page it is described as a forum for "Items for sale / trade" which is what I partially base my assumption on. This would suggest that any items being bought or sold on Morrissey-solo should be done on this page.

The "Collectors Corner" is here to "discuss Morrissey and Smiths collectors items".

I think it's safe to assume this would also include discussions about acquisition, care and preservation of said collectors items.

If my assumptions are correct, then why was the "Poster Framing" moved from the Collectors Corner, to the Marketplace? They were not attempting to buy, sell or trade a Smiths/Morrissey/related item. They were enquiring about the care and preservation of a Smiths/Morrissey/related item on Morrissey-solo.

The thread entitled "Anyone else got trouble with this guy on ebay?" which had to do with the acquisition of Smiths/Morrissey related items was also moved to the Marketplace. They were not attempting to buy or sell an item on Morrissey-solo.

The "How much would you spend for Les inrocks 2" thread was seeking advice on the acquisition of a Smiths/Morrissey/related item. They were not selling one, or looking to buy one on Morrissey-solo.

My unsolicited advice for the moderators. If it doesn't sound like it would belong in the hypothetical classified section of a newspaper, than don't put it in the Marketplace. Just because the post might include words like "buy", "sell" or "eBay" doesn't necessarily mean it belongs in the Marketplace.

i'm right behind you, on this.

I agree on 1st and 3rd link, those have been moved back. In the original post of the 2nd link, the person who started the thread specifically requested it be moved to the Marketplace.

Thanks for the good context guidelines to go by the Marketplace and Collector's Corner forums.

I agree on 1st and 3rd link, those have been moved back. In the original post of the 2nd link, the person who started the thread specifically requested it be moved to the Marketplace.

Thanks for the good context guidelines to go by the Marketplace and Collector's Corner forums.

no problem, david. if you need anything else, just p.m. me or beau.

In the original post of the 2nd link, the person who started the thread specifically requested it be moved to the Marketplace.

I understand, Dave. And I know you are the ultimate authority, as it's your house.

But I would like to respectfully disagree with regards to the 2nd link. It was not someone attempting to buy, sell or trade. They were talking about circumstances regarding buying. Which then, if people agree with my definitions in my first post, should be in the Collectors Corner, as their post is about problems arising from their attempted acquisition of Smiths/Morrisey/related product (AKA collecting). They did request to be moved to the Marketplace, but if the post is not appropriate there, which I am arguing it wasn't, then is shouldn't be moved.

Thanks for raising the issue. There is some crossover with posts on the forums, so not everyone will agree where every post should go.

I think this can go either way - since the subject is both about collecting and the marketplace itself (eBay), either makes sense but in my opinion it's actually more relevant in the marketplace as some people looking to buy there may be warned of the specific seller.

I understand, Dave. And I know you are the ultimate authority, as it's your house.

But I would like to respectfully disagree with regards to the 2nd link. It was not someone attempting to buy, sell or trade. They were talking about circumstances regarding buying. Which then, if people agree with my definitions in my first post, should be in the Collectors Corner, as their post is about problems arising from their attempted acquisition of Smiths/Morrisey/related product (AKA collecting). They did request to be moved to the Marketplace, but if the post is not appropriate there, which I am arguing it wasn't, then is shouldn't be moved.

there is so little traffic in the marketplace and collector's corner, i don't know why they need to be kewpie-fied at all.

there is so little traffic in the marketplace and collector's corner, i don't know why they need to be kewpie-fied at all.

the unfortunate thing is that they (mods) tinker in moving things around, yet they allow the abuse of certain idiots to stay untouched & in my humble opinion spoil this site!

love

Grim

ironic that you complain about where topics belong and then complain about the moderation tactics in the very thread used to issue the content complaint.

i'm right behind you, on this.

god, I love it. (sometimes, when the wind blows, and you listen closely, you can hear the sarcasm whispering through the trees... but if no one is around to get it, did it really happen?)

Back
Top Bottom