New Southpaw tracklisting here

noticed a few comments about the tracklisting and some people talking about the original S.G. I like this new tracklist it will give S.G. a different feel, which is or maybe was the point?

I think the new Southpaw is pretty cool, but deep down inside I feel this should happen.

I WANT IT NOW!!! The new setlist looks very interesting, especially because "Nobody Loves Us" is included too!

I'm not keen on it beginning with The Boy Racer but otherwise it seems good, I'm glad You Should Have Been Nice to Me is definately on it. :)

As the only copy I have of this is on cassette tape (as its not the greatest Moz LP ever) i am actually going to indulge myself in purchasing the remastered copy. Maybe it'll come out the same day as the new LP about babies and valium and Russell Brand too.

Bet it is not as good a remastering blah blah of Magazine's Correct Use Of Soap.

Incidentally isn't it a bit sick mentioning the birthday one of the revered film actors of our time who has recently deceased in a thread about Morrissey's rereleased LP?

how is that sick to mention someones birthday, even if they did pass away. it was just statement stating the release of southpaw is same date as his birthday.

try relaxing.

also new management info, counter to previous information...

1 October 2008

Morrissey is now managed by Irving Azoff, at 10866 Wilshire blvd, suite 250, Los Angeles CA 90024.

BMG have announced 26 January 2009 as the release date for the re-issued 'Southpaw grammar'.

Full track-listing is : 1 The Boy Racer

2 Do Your Best and Don't Worry

3 Reader Meet Author

4 Honey, You Know Where to Find Me

5 Dagenham Dave

6 Southpaw

7 Best Friend on the Payroll

8 Fantastic Bird

9 The Operation

10 The Teachers are Afraid of the Pupils

11 You Should Have Been Nice to Me

12 Nobody Loves Us

The album also features new sleeve artwork by Anthony Lui, including previously unseen photographs by Linder Sterling. Anthony had also designed the sleeves for 'Ringleader of the Tormentors,' 'Live at Earls Court' and 'Greatest hits' plus the last eleven UK singles. Tracks 4, 8 and 11 of the new 'Southpaw grammar' are previously unreleased.

From TTY.

Peter

Great to know what the extra tracks will be. Not sure if i like the reshuffing of the orginal tracklisting.

Maybe this time Southpaw Grammar will be a little more appriciated and maybe... get a frash start.

i dont think i have heard fantastic bird , has it been known as anything else ?

Nope, one of the few people to hear it is Stephane at Passionsjustlikemine. In fact the lyrics are up there. Apparently it's a rocker. There's already speculation it might be about Vic Reeves or Michael Legge, but as I say, it's wild speculation. You Should Have Been Nice To Me is a slow/medium song, and if you have in your archives a song entitle "Untitled Instrumental Number 2" from the Miraval Sessions, then that's an early version of the same song. The lyrics to this song are also at Passionsjustlikemine. Honey You Know Where To Find Me is a fine song indeed, and most will have heard the demo with vocals. Again, Stephane has the lyrics up at his site.

Peter

I think the Remastered Southpaw should be a two disc release. The first disc will include the original track listing in the original order and will have remastered audio. The second disc should be a DVD with the "unreleased tracks", b sides from that era etc in DVD audio and maybe an in depth documentary on the album and what the heck, how about a photo gallery with unseen photographs and maybe some DVD Rom content as well such as screen savers and wallpapers.

3 bonus tracks is pretty good stuff considering he could have just released the one bonus track and the fans would have lapped it up. Really looking forward to hearing these as I thought the SG era was quite a creative period for Moz, even though some might disagree!

Will just buy the new tracks on itunes as the original album is too deeply imprinted on my brain cells for a change of track listing this late in the day. Plus the sleeve looks rubbish, but the Linder Sterling photos might redeem it somewhat.

Nope, one of the few people to hear it is Stephane at Passionsjustlikemine. In fact the lyrics are up there. Apparently it's a rocker. There's already speculation it might be about Vic Reeves or Michael Legge, but as I say, it's wild speculation. You Should Have Been Nice To Me is a slow/medium song, and if you have in your archives a song entitle "Untitled Instrumental Number 2" from the Miraval Sessions, then that's an early version of the same song. The lyrics to this song are also at Passionsjustlikemine. Honey You Know Where To Find Me is a fine song indeed, and most will have heard the demo with vocals. Again, Stephane has the lyrics up at his site.

Peter

cheers mr skinny , i have the Miraval sessions from the llovely mr reynolds , looking forward to hearing fantastic bird and the finished version of honey , the demo is good enough for me

i listened to the miraval sessions this morning and "untitled song 2" sounded A LOT like "mexico".

so many similarities. give them both a quick listen.

You're really good with session history -- we know Honey and Fantastic were demoed during the Vauxhall and Arsenal eras respectively. Is there evidence they were given their full fledged studio shot during the Southpaw sessions?

I totally agree about not beginning with Teachers not being a problem. Boy Racer is a fine opener (I would've liked The Operation, too, drum solo and all). But I was hoping it'd be Southpaw in the 11th slot followed by Nobody. In any case I think Nobody Loves Us deserves its place as a closer. It can all be reordered with the click of a mouse but it's about presentation I guess.

Hm. On the one hand, I don't like the "revisionist history" method to re-releases. But it does indicate that Morrissey cares about this presentation so I'll give it a whirl. I'm not so much disconcerted by the location of Teachers as the 10 min plus Southpaw in the middle of the programme. It always felt like an album ender. (Raspberry, also, for hacking away You Must Please Remember.)

I would hope that the recordings of Honey, etc, are new versions from the actual Southpaw sessions rather than the version we are familiar with from the internet leak (a "Miraval session"). The sound of that session is in stark contrast to Southpaw and would stick out like a sore thumb if it wasn't added at the end. Ditto Fantastic Bird, if this is indeed the version supposedly recorded in 1992.

Cheers,
Jamie

about the tracklisting order. i am prepared to move the tracks into their proper order placing the newly released tracks after southpaw in the order as they appear on this re-release. if that makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom