New section for other languages?

WHY!

We had a discussion about it here recently.

And here there are some posts in a foreign language and maybe the request for another section for other languages isn't that far-fetched.

(sistasheila wrote: im not sure if its ok to post here in gérman since its an english speakingforum but if its not okay the administrator would say something right?i saw some spanish threads so i guess its ok - sorry sistasheila for quoting you)

I don't know if this was a topic before. If so and if you decided it's rubbish then ignore my question. And if not why shouldn't we try it?

David, what do you think about it? Would it work without impacting the other sections?

Thanks for the suggestion and links to the other conversations. I had considered adding international forums during the initial setup of Vbulletin, similar to the way New Order Online forums do it.

It is a possibility but for the most part, there has not been an overwhelming demand. Setting it up would involve a bit more maintenance and individual moderators for each international forum would need to be found.

During the initial exploration, I was approached by one person who wanted to moderate one language. After some discussion and initial setup, I asked another user that spoke that language if they thought it was a good idea and they said no, it would not be very popular and she actually informed that this potential moderator had stalked / trolled on the site before. So that is where that ended.

Also, I know there are already Morrissey-related forums setup in different languages that are already active, so I did not feel the need to pursue it. These are the ones I know about:

http://morrissey.forumactif.com/ - French
http://www.morrissey-fan.se/ - Swedish (just checked - not functioning)

Does anyone know of any others? I have not researched this topic recently, but I think it is a good suggestion. To start a forum is not too difficult - I just need the language and volunteer moderator(s). But as mentioned, the forums may not be very active as the number of users would be fairly small relative to the rest of the site.

Thanks David for the reply and links! They even have several sections on the New Order forum! I thought about just one section for all languages.

But you're right. I forgot the moderators for each language. I could do the German one but I think this doesn't help, does it?

Ok then, I think it's too difficult. But should someone know a German Moz board I'd be delighted to know!

I'd be happy to moderate the Scottish section! ;)
No, to be honest I've seen posts in other languages in the forums & although because I'm english (thick) it's only my loss that I've not been able to fully understand the discussions but it's usually easy enough to get the jist because of the topic it's under. So I don't think it's necessary to split the forums discussions, I think it might be slightly detrimental to the discussion to have it separated in to more than one forum.

love

Grim

I think it might be slightly detrimental to the discussion to have it separated in to more than one forum.

I didn't mean the General Discussion forum to split up. Nothing should be splitted. I thought about an extra section just to hang around. Like the off-topic section and then for all languages together.

But the moderators in each language is really a problem. And at the end there is someone who post dirty stuff in a rare language and no one can understand and who can stop it then?

I didn't mean the General Discussion forum to split up. Nothing should be splitted. I thought about an extra section just to hang around. Like the off-topic section and then for all languages together.

But the moderators in each language is really a problem. And at the end there is someone who post dirty stuff in a rare language and no one can understand and who can stop it then?

oh sorry Why in that case I agree with you but also support that moddin' it could be a nightmare but surely if there where a couple of mods available for each language section then they would know what's being trolled in their own language & could deal with it?

love

Grim

Back
Top Bottom