Morrissey Central "New keyboard player." (May 6, 2023)

unnamed-2.jpg

Camila Grey will play keyboards on the forthcoming Morrissey tour of Israel / Ireland / England.

No surprise.
FWD.

Frankie says: Rage hard
holly johnson has started touring again,watched the bands reunited when it happened all those years ago,the band knew holly wouldnt be showing up.watching the wildlife is my favourite frankie goes to hollywood song.

holly johnson has started touring again,watched the bands reunited when it happened all those years ago,the band knew holly wouldnt be showing up.watching the wildlife is my favourite frankie goes to hollywood song.
Frankie's achievements are undisputed. They didn't get it right in 2004 and they looked fitter then. Now it's a bit of a (freak) show, but someone must have raised the money. Liverpool was an underrated record overall. I would have preferred to see The Icicle Works next Saturday but nobody asked me anyway.

You know what? As pessimistic as most of the posts I make are, I only make them because I love Morrissey's music so much, and it saddens me to no end to see how many poor decisions he makes. As of right now we could be enjoying TWO albums' worth of material backed by successful tours with Alain providing more and more tunes for him to write lyrics to. It's just so... sad.

You know what? As pessimistic as most of the posts I make are, I only make them because I love Morrissey's music so much, and it saddens me to no end to see how many poor decisions he makes. As of right now we could be enjoying TWO albums' worth of material backed by successful tours with Alain providing more and more tunes for him to write lyrics to. It's just so... sad.
It's probably an unpopular opinion, but I feel that Morrissey is being selfish by not self releasing the albums.

It's probably an unpopular opinion, but I feel that Morrissey is being selfish by not self releasing the albums.

selfish, stubborn … if he can’t get a contract he agrees with/record label to release WMTWD, I believe he feels it’s beneath him to release it himself, it would hurt his pride, his ego.

I guess it’s common knowledge now that BoT is out of his hands.

Nobody says they are making it up. All I’m saying is they quit after they heard that a new guitarist was going to be brought in.

You seem to think that it’s coincidence that we now have two female new members in the band.
It seems pretty obvious to me that this is a planned move, to make some changes.

The only question is who came with up with this idea. Morrissey himself or management/Jesse, in which case Alain’s anger and frustration would definitely be understandable.
If they quit after being replaced, that's hardly quitting...

You do make a good point about the two new musicians being women.

If he can't get a record deal in the near future I expect he will self release / release with an independent label. Despite what he's said. Time is not exactly on his side. He can't wait forever.

I just wish something other than Rebels Without Applause was officially released. A studio version of I Live In Oblivion would have been great.

I hope Mozzy does whatever makes him happy and if sitting on music makes him happy for the moment, i am 100% behind him doing it.

No one has given me more, or given me anything more meaningful, or given me anything that will ever move me as much as his sweet lyrical heart on a string does.

When your life becomes your art and your art comes from the deepest and most private parts of your soul and from your psyche, the line looks very blurred where art ends and where life might begin, because all of those songs and all of those moments frozen in time on the records and in the performances, were all created from so many deeply biographical elements and sentiments, all so beautifully and painfully and nakedly enmeshed together and so deftly woven through.

Then for all the lyrics or stanzas or feelings encapsulated within them that ever resonated with anyone, a small, delicate golden thread was formed, and that golden thread represented the beginnings of the creation of a bond: between artist, art, and audience. The holy trinity. If enough delicate golden threads appear, soon, it’s a web.

And my shimmering, glimmering golden threaded web envelopes me because it’s personal and uniquely priceless to me.

So for someone who has already created and brought to light such a masterfully rich and evocative canon that already has no parallel or equal, and who has shared so much with so many, even though none of it could have ever been created for all those strangers and for so many unknown people in the first place…. It’s striking to think about and i know that there is no singer and there are no other songs that will ever move me or mean as much to me as these songs and words have done and still do. Songs and words and melodies, thoughts and feelings who have been my constant companion in my life and in my travels, when there have never been any other constants at all.

I hope Mozzy sits on his songs for as long as he wants to or until he gets pins and needles or until he gets whatever deal he wants, or until anything in between.

For as long as I can still look forward to more concerts, to a next tour, to hearing new and old songs again, live, whenever that “next” will be, those are my happiest thoughts. And everything else will come when it’s meant to come, or whenever it’ll be possible.

I’m very excited about this upcoming full July tour schedule. Somebody post a super clip from a great recent concert! Because I’m in the mood right nowwwwww!!!

I hope Mozzy does whatever makes him happy and if sitting on music makes him happy for the moment, i am 100% behind him doing it.

No one has given me more, or given me anything more meaningful, or given me anything that will ever move me as much as his sweet lyrical heart on a string does.

When your life becomes your art and your art comes from the deepest and most private parts of your soul and from your psyche, the line looks very blurred where art ends and where life might begin, because all of those songs and all of those moments frozen in time on the records and in the performances, were all created from so many deeply biographical elements and sentiments, all so beautifully and painfully and nakedly enmeshed together and so deftly woven through.

Then for all the lyrics or stanzas or feelings encapsulated within them that ever resonated with anyone, a small, delicate golden thread was formed, and that golden thread represented the beginnings of the creation of a bond: between artist, art, and audience. The holy trinity. If enough delicate golden threads appear, soon, it’s a web.

And my shimmering, glimmering golden threaded web envelopes me because it’s personal and uniquely priceless to me.

So for someone who has already created and brought to light such a masterfully rich and evocative canon that already has no parallel or equal, and who has shared so much with so many, even though none of it could have ever been created for all those strangers and for so many unknown people in the first place…. It’s striking to think about and i know that there is no singer and there are no other songs that will ever move me or mean as much to me as these songs and words have done and still do. Songs and words and melodies, thoughts and feelings who have been my constant companion in my life and in my travels, when there have never been any other constants at all.

I hope Mozzy sits on his songs for as long as he wants to or until he gets pins and needles or until he gets whatever deal he wants, or until anything in between.

For as long as I can still look forward to more concerts, to a next tour, to hearing new and old songs again, live, whenever that “next” will be, those are my happiest thoughts. And everything else will come when it’s meant to come, or whenever it’ll be possible.

I’m very excited about this upcoming full July tour schedule. Somebody post a super clip from a great recent concert! Because I’m in the mood right nowwwwww!!!
You’re a new fan who is still not jaded. It’s a beautiful thing to witness.

That was lovely ❤️ Yes I hope he does whatever makes him happy as well!

It’s great to seee someone who feels exactly the same way as I do.
A lot of people use this site just to sh** on Moz and I actually don’t know why they’re here at all other than to complain about things that they have absaloutely no control over.

It’s great to seee someone who feels exactly the same way as I do.
A lot of people use this site just to sh** on Moz and I actually don’t know why they’re here at all other than to complain about things that they have absaloutely no control over.

I'm going to start spelling absolutely like that!

Beautiful thoughts and words to which I totally agree.

selfish, stubborn … if he can’t get a contract he agrees with/record label to release WMTWD, I believe he feels it’s beneath him to release it himself, it would hurt his pride, his ego.

I guess it’s common knowledge now that BoT is out of his hands.

I suppose it's because he believes it will be more lucrative (more $$$, promotion, etc.) to sign with a big label. However, that's not really true today to begin with, not in 2023. And it's Morrissey - a legendary artist w/a deep catalog (from two careers) and at least X number of fans in the hundreds thousand globally. If he releases something very good - as per his 3 out of 4 ratio - most of those people will buy something. You can't let your good songwriters leave though, they need to remain. The two best we had just left (and they are really, really good). I sure hope they come back.

If he got this monkey off his back (desiring a big label) he could totally do it HIS way again - I hope he starts to see that. Also, these people who 'work' for him now, his nephew and the writer - they could be doing more proper work for him as employees of 'his label' or in charge of 'his promotion', etc. Something way beyond, yet more vital and concrete to his career, than what they are doing now.

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this already, but does anyone think perhaps Moz chose two women for the band so that he and his band would come across as more "diverse"?

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this already, but does anyone think perhaps Moz chose two women for the band so that he and his band would come across as more "diverse"?
I don't think that for a second. Since when does he care about that kind of thing?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom