New Album rumor

I discovered mediamass awhile back. What is the point of it? It isn't satire or a spoof because nothing there is supposed to be taken as funny.

Its a rumor generator of some sort with various celebrities "plugged in" to various generic rumors. It doesn't come up as malware via Chrome. So why does it generate useless content? Is it an art project of some sort? A free-speech provocateur? How does it make money and why does it continue, in other words? Google really has no answers, outside of what mediamass says about itself.

Other Morrissey news from this site in the last couple of days:

LOVE JUNE 4, 2013
Morrissey: Secretly Married?
BUZZ JUNE 4, 2013
Morrissey goes ‘Gangnam Style’
MONEY JUNE 3, 2013
Morrissey is Highest-Paid Singer in the World
BABIES JUNE 2, 2013
Morrissey to Be a Dad?
HOT JUNE 3, 2013
Morrissey Nude Photos Leaked Online

I discovered mediamass awhile back. What is the point of it? It isn't satire or a spoof because nothing there is supposed to be taken as funny.

Its a rumor generator of some sort with various celebrities "plugged in" to various generic rumors. It doesn't come up as malware via Chrome. So why does it generate useless content? Is it an art project of some sort? A free-speech provocateur? How does it make money and why does it continue, in other words? Google really has no answers, outside of what mediamass says about itself.

the other site (you know the one) allyouneedismorrissey.com has been reporting rumors of a new album recording for a few days now. I think originally based on a photo of him near a recording studio in Hollywood which recently emerged together with various other little tit bits. So low hasn't picked up on any of that yet, this linked article is probably based on those rumors that can be found at allyouneedismorrissey.com either that or the site is just a pointless "spoof" site which just wastes everyone's time by making stuff up for lols.

Perhaps a little further reading on that particular web page would have settled any doubts regarding the validity of this story?

Morrissey: Recent News
BUZZ JUNE 4, 2013
Morrissey goes ‘Gangnam Style’
LOVE MAY 31, 2013
Morrissey Engaged?
BABIES JUNE 2, 2013
Morrissey to Be a Dad?
SHOCKER JUNE 4, 2013
Morrissey Nude Photos Leaked Online
RUMOR JUNE 2013
Death Hoax says “Morrissey dies at 54”
PETS MAY 29, 2013
Morrissey’s Dog Recovering from Surgery
HOT JUNE 3, 2013
Morrissey Named Sexiest Singer Alive
MONEY JUNE 3, 2013
Morrissey is Highest-Paid Singer in the World
LOVE JUNE 4, 2013
Morrissey: Secretly Married?

Mediamass is a garbage site . You go on it just to end up an hour later thinking "why did I waste my time ? ". I know because I got sucked in :blushing:

the other site (you know the one) allyouneedismorrissey.com has been reporting rumors of a new album recording for a few days now. I think originally based on a photo of him near a recording studio in Hollywood which recently emerged together with various other little tit bits. So low hasn't picked up on any of that yet, this linked article is probably based on those rumors that can be found at allyouneedismorrissey.com either that or the site is just a pointless "spoof" site which just wastes everyone's time by making stuff up for lols.

the other site...you mean the one that started a petition at change.org asking Jake to release photos he took of Morrissey because you have some sort of right to every single image of the man regardless of his want for discretion or privacy? Yeah, that site really has it's finger on the pulse of all things Morrissey. You know, if you keep tackin' a W on the end of soloW to curry Morrissey's favor, he probably doesn't give a shit. Also if you've ever read a sports page W stands for WIN, so you might as well scrap the anonymous schtick and log the f*** in.

the other site...you mean the one that started a petition at change.org asking Jake to release photos he took of Morrissey because you have some sort of right to every single image of the man regardless of his want for discretion or privacy? Yeah, that site really has it's finger on the pulse of all things Morrissey. You know, if you keep tackin' a W on the end of soloW to curry Morrissey's favor, he probably doesn't give a shit. Also if you've ever read a sports page W stands for WIN, so you might as well scrap the anonymous schtick and log the f*** in.

No need for an apostrophe in the possessive form of "its"...

And yet you are always so friendly when you post over there using your other user name, "Jeff". As you know, the petition was a tongue in cheek response to an interview Jake did where he said;

"I've got loads of unseen material of Morrissey which I'd love to make a book out of one day. I'm just waiting for someone to ask."

http://www.anothermag.com/current/view/2587/Fanny_the_Cat_and_Morrissey

If you dislike the site so much, perhaps you should stop posting there.

And yet you are always so friendly when you post over there using your other user name, "Jeff". As you know, the petition was a tongue in cheek response to an interview Jake did where he said;

"I've got loads of unseen material of Morrissey which I'd love to make a book out of one day. I'm just waiting for someone to ask."

http://www.anothermag.com/current/view/2587/Fanny_the_Cat_and_Morrissey

If you dislike the site so much, perhaps you should stop posting there.

Yeah, big reveal there anonymous, I wrote HERE that I posted as Jeff there, your detective skills are blowin' my mind. I post as Jeff there just so I dont have to click every image link to look at the photos, I had to become a member. And I highly doubt tongue-in-cheek warrants wasting change.org's bandwidth because you ladies are too dense to understand that Jake was joking.

and by "working on a what might be a back-to-roots album"........they mean.....with Johnny.....Andy.....and Mike.

Hey its my post....I can dream.

Yeah, big reveal there anonymous, I wrote HERE that I posted as Jeff there, your detective skills are blowin' my mind. I post as Jeff there just so I dont have to click every image link to look at the photos, I had to become a member. And I highly doubt tongue-in-cheek warrants wasting change.org's bandwidth because you ladies are too dense to understand that Jake was joking.

I don't know what the big deal was about the change.org petition. I don't think there was any problem with it. The intent wasn't to reveal personal photos that Morrissey desire to keep private, it was to let publishers know that the fans would love a book like that. When I read that article I did not assume that Jake was joking. Why would it be far fetched for Jake to publish a book of Morrissey photos? He has taken some of the best. I don't think anyone was trying to get personal pictures. I assume you were angered out of a sense of protection for Morrissey, but I don't think anyone was trying to invade his privacy.

AYNIM is a good site. It may not be for everyone, but if you don't like it don't look at it.

AYNIM didn't "report" this rumor. Someone just posted it for laughs.;)

Ohhhh, I hope it just happens to be true!! I'm getting impatient!! I'll take the album, book, or tour! Whatever works for you, Moz.:o

I don't know what the big deal was about the change.org petition. I don't think there was any problem with it. The intent wasn't to reveal personal photos that Morrissey desire to keep private, it was to let publishers know that the fans would love a book like that. When I read that article I did not assume that Jake was joking. Why would it be far fetched for Jake to publish a book of Morrissey photos? He has taken some of the best. I don't think anyone was trying to get personal pictures. I assume you were angered out of a sense of protection for Morrissey, but I don't think anyone was trying to invade his privacy.

AYNIM is a good site. It may not be for everyone, but if you don't like it don't look at it.

Change.org is for making real change and getting the word out that people want to make a difference. Abusing it's purpose because some ladies are horny to see unseen pictures of Morrissey is just embarrassing. Also AYNIM stalks his nephew and old bandmates and whatever else they can get their claws on and it's "okay" because it's the gentle, unoffensive site. People on here are SO LOW and "that's just like you" because they're talking about not liking the chord structure of a song or saying his career is over in jest, but they're not searching out his family and friends in order to devour every last tidbit BECAUSE IT'S THEIR RIGHT TO KNOW EVERYTHING LIKE BIG BROTHER SOUND FAMILIAR. Yet we're so low.

Pardon my distaste, it's hard to explain why dumdum thugs are gentler than a conniving gaggle of stalkers.

Change.org is for making real change and getting the word out that people want to make a difference. Abusing it's purpose because some ladies are horny to see unseen pictures of Morrissey is just embarrassing. Also AYNIM stalks his nephew and old bandmates and whatever else they can get their claws on and it's "okay" because it's the gentle, unoffensive site. People on here are SO LOW and "that's just like you" because they're talking about not liking the chord structure of a song or saying his career is over in jest, but they're not searching out his family and friends in order to devour every last tidbit BECAUSE IT'S THEIR RIGHT TO KNOW EVERYTHING LIKE BIG BROTHER SOUND FAMILIAR. Yet we're so low.

Pardon my distaste, it's hard to explain why dumdum thugs are gentler than a conniving gaggle of stalkers.

I guess I just like both sites, and personally find neither offensive.

I will concede that I was however surprised that they used Change.org, but I don't think they meant any harm. A photography book of Moz from Jake would be great.

Honestly what's wrong with checking Facebook pages of people related to Morrissey? If they are on Facebook they are putting things out there publicly. I'm not a fan of Facebook for that reason, I put a premium on privacy. That is the world today, if you participate in FB, you are joining in.

Honestly what's wrong with checking Facebook pages of people related to Morrissey? If they are on Facebook they are putting things out there publicly. I'm not a fan of Facebook for that reason, I put a premium on privacy. That is the world today, if you participate in FB, you are joining in.
Agreed I have only seen info posted there that would be available to all without the need to friend, "stalk" or infiltrate anyone's inner circle. The latest rumor about the bio was posted on the nephew's professional page, I don't see this as stalking as the page is accessible to all. The album rumor was posted in a rumor thread precisely as a rumour to get people excited about a potential pending album. I bet the true stalkers (if any) are keeping all the info to themselves vs sharing on AYNIM.
Crystal/Jeff (just discovering your alter ego) if AYNIM make you so upset don't spend so much time over there. I am taken aback at your attitude as I thought you were pretty nice over there.

Agreed I have only seen info posted there that would be available to all without the need to friend, "stalk" or infiltrate anyone's inner circle. The latest rumor about the bio was posted on the nephew's professional page, I don't see this as stalking as the page is accessible to all. The album rumor was posted in a rumor thread precisely as a rumour to get people excited about a potential pending album. I bet the true stalkers (if any) are keeping all the info to themselves vs sharing on AYNIM.
Crystal/Jeff (just discovering your alter ego) if AYNIM make you so upset don't spend so much time over there. I am taken aback at your attitude as I thought you were pretty nice over there.

I don't know what to say.

Back
Top Bottom