MSG Cancelled...on website now.

Mozgrrl

lock-jawed pop-star
Here is what is says...finally.
www.thegarden.com then click on his thumbnail picture...

MORRISSEY CONCERT HAS BEEN CANCELLED AT MADISON SQUARE GARDEN

Morrissey's June 30th concert at Madison Square Garden, which had been postponed due to illness, has been cancelled.

Refunds are available at point of purchase.

Category: Concerts
Venue: Madison Square Garden
City, State: NY, NY
To purchase tickets, click on your desired date and time.
Event Date / Time:
GS = Group Sales
PT = Peak Time
SO = Sold Out

Wow, he's not going to reschedule at one of the most famous event place on the east coast. Very weird.

Monique

I feel so bad for you guys in NYC :(

Rescheduling at MSG must be really hard. I mean its a huge venue, and things there are booked way ahead of time. i wonder if that has something to do with it?
Maybe he just needs to move on, like hum. He's going to stop touring after a certain point, and possibly just start recording.

i wasn't going to have a bachelor party for my august wedding, but for a short time it was going to be the MSG show.

Luckily that weekend didn't work for everybody, so we went to the pub instead..... yikes, would have been a big disappointment.

I feel for you who had designs on going.

Yeah I just called up Ticketmaster they told me anyone who bought tix online or by phone would automatically be refunded. I'm HUGELY disappointed but at the same time not totally surprised even though I was holding out hope big time.

I can tell you this and I don't mean this to be a "crybaby" or anything but if/when he comes around again I wont' be getting tix. I think it's really lousy the MSG and PNC shows were canceled. Two of the biggest venues in the tri-state area. I mean, the Borgata's room isn't that big, but he's still playing that. Something ain't right.....and MSG and PNC were both booked up he could've possibly moved it to another venue in NYC. MSG owns other venues around the city that are smaller, or that he's played before like Radio City. To just skip those areas to me is a shame.

Well enough of my rambling. I'm truly, truly disappointed about all this. I will still listen to his music, and I don't hate the guy obviously but I've made the decision to not see him again live. At least I can say I saw him once...

I can tell you this and I don't mean this to be a "crybaby" or anything but if/when he comes around again I wont' be getting tix. I think it's really lousy the MSG and PNC shows were canceled. Two of the biggest venues in the tri-state area. I mean, the Borgata's room isn't that big, but he's still playing that. Something ain't right.....and MSG and PNC were both booked up he could've possibly moved it to another venue in NYC. MSG owns other venues around the city that are smaller, or that he's played before like Radio City. To just skip those areas to me is a shame.

God forbid the man get sick. :rolleyes:

Lest we forget the possibility that they just could not reschedule the event in the near future..and perhaps Morrissey will be going into studio or Vacation next month? Does not the man deserve it?

Lest we forget the possibility that they just could not reschedule the event in the near future..and perhaps Morrissey will be going into studio or Vacation next month? Does not the man deserve it?

Oh no, didn't you know, he's got to please everyone and there mother. :rolleyes:

Oh no, didn't you know, he's got to please everyone and there mother. :rolleyes:

Yes, during the next day off, he's flying here to LA to Sing "Asleep" to my daughter for her nap, before flying back for his next show

Last week while we were swimming I did a medley of The Hand That Rocks The Cradle, This Night Has Opened My Eyes, and Asleep cause she wanted to hear me sing Morrissey :eek:

this is truly sad i was really looking forward to seeing him in nyc hopefully he will be back in some way shape or form.

He can certainly get sick, I'm not bashing him for that. Shit happens. Illness was beyond his control. I understand that, but why reschedule certain venues and skip over two of the biggest in the tri-state area? Yes, they may have been booked, but surely they could've secured someplace else, again MSG owns other venues in NYC. OR honor those canceled tix if/when he DOES come back to NYC in the fall or whenever. To just up and cancel it to me is very unprofessional. I'm not saying he owes me anything or it's directly, personally HIS fault. Somebody behind the scenes screwed up. It's as simple as that.

Hell, Meat Loaf (yes I like him too everybody!) canceled a number of shows in NYC, FL, , etc. back in April due to a severe inner ear infection. He has rescheduled EVERY ONE of those shows one of them being at the theater at MSG which I'm sure gets booked up quickly and yet is STILL playing regularly scheduled shows in the area while making these other ones up. It was that important to him to make up those dates to his fans.

Back
Top Bottom