Morrissey to be a sitcom next fall: The Morrissey's

G

greasetea

This was taken out of today's Daily Variety:

"In the spirit of The Monkees, Morrissey and his band have gone through and began filming the first of 12 episodes ordered by Pangea productions for NBC. The show will revolve around the five musicians in bumbling, comedic adventures. The Morrissey's will be a mid-season replacement at earliest but has its eye on the fall."

Boz Boorer was kind enough to send me some transcripts with his comments too! What a guy, oh and he bought me a beer in Kansas City, oh and he told me his name..woooo!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Hey Greasetea, I thought you may be interested in this."

THE MORRISSEY'S
show synopsis: An English band, all brothers, stuck in Los Angeles after their manager and airplane dissapear in the Burmuda Triangle. The bumbling musicians encounter adventures (or rather misadventures) as each show brings them farther (and sometimes closer) to England. The zany rock stars will also learn about themselves on this journey. A comedy Dante's Inferno.

STARS:
Morrissey-Morrissey: the sullen, vain lead singer with a heart of gold.

Boz Boorer-Boz Morrissey: the Peter Tork of the band or the Gilligan. Stupid and clumsy, yet he has a heart of gold.

Gary Day-Gaz Morrissey: Computer genius that is interested in Windows programs more than music. A raver by night, a legendary romantic by day with a heart of gold.

Alain Whyte-A Dawg Morrissey: The long lost brother that returned after living the thug life on the streets. The no nonsense, street poet that tells you like it is. He has a tough, brooding exterior with a heart of gold.

Spike-Spicklez Morrissey: The youngest brother who likes to drink a lot and curse a lot. (Audiences will love the innovative way we bleep his words with jumpcuts of Jamie Foxx laughing). He is a horny, will do anything dog that always likes to party with a heart of gold.

Mr.T-Hijinks Moneyshot: The evil supergenuis intermediate manager of the Morrissey's. Can he be trusted or will he lead the English band the way of the La's (or even worse...The Happy Monday's)? The only thing that is known is he has a heart of gold.

First episode: Spike's Sproblems

The Morrissey's enter into a K-Rock contest in L.A. to win the loot so they can buy a copper pan for their parents' anniversary. But what happens when Spike hits puberty..uh oh..his voice is cracking!

SUBPLOT: Boz Morrissey has a hard time riding a bike on the other side of the road...uh oh, hijinks, and funny Benny Hill like clumsy accidents ensue.

That lead singer from Simply Red guest stars as a DJ who was once someone..ah hah, the irony!

"Well, looks like this will be a winner. As they say in Hollywood Greasetea...break a cake kid!"

.....um, thanks.

OMG - Do you realize just how difficult it is to try NOT to laugh while sitting in a cubicle, in a really quiet office, surrounded by pretentious drones?

Being that I'm a temp, I'm basically written off as a quiet wierdo, as is. But a sudden burst of laughter, and I'll forever (a relative term in a temp's world) be labelled "that freaky chick in circulation."

But ohhhh, is this worth it!

Re: :)

Fantastic!

When is your collection of short stories finally coming out??

thanks for completely wasting all of "our" time once again with your useless yacking.

Answer me one thing, and think hard before you do...
why, why, why???

Re: this is funny the second time

> "In the spirit of The Monkees, Morrissey and his band have
> gone through and began filming the first of 12 episodes ordered
> by Pangea productions for NBC. The show will revolve around the
> five musicians in bumbling, comedic adventures. The Morrissey's
> will be a mid-season replacement at earliest but has its eye on
> the fall."

I remember when you told me and your friends about this crazy idea if Morrissey was a 1960's like show. I feel special in a weird way that I knew about this before the board did. So are you going to continue to ignore me? Oh well, perhaps you are an insesitive prick afterall.

the girl with the glasses

some people need to get a sense of humor

I'm not going to name names but you bitch at him when he insults and you bitch when he writes a harmless story. Methinks the lot of you do nothing but whine and cry all day because you aren't creative at all. My only gripe is that Greaseball is a jerk because he is ignoring my e-mails but that is another story.

Back
Top Bottom