Morrissey Statement Re: The Norway Massacre - true-to-you.net

Morrissey statement - true-to-you.net

29 July 2011

MORRISSEY STATEMENT

The recent killings in Norway were horrific. As usual in such cases, the media give the killer exactly what he wants: worldwide fame. We aren't told the names of the people who were killed - almost as if they are not considered to be important enough, yet the media frenzy to turn the killer into a Jack The Ripper star is .... repulsive. He should be un-named, not photographed, and quietly led away.
The comment I made onstage at Warsaw could be further explained this way: Millions of beings are routinely murdered every single day in order to fund profits for McDonalds and KFCruelty, but because these murders are protected by laws, we are asked to feel indifferent about the killings, and to not even dare question them.
If you quite rightly feel horrified at the Norway killings, then it surely naturally follows that you feel horror at the murder of ANY innocent being. You cannot ignore animal suffering simply because animals "are not us."

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally agree with your comments.

When put in context, Moz is right, which more often than not proves to be the case, but as always he is taken out of context.

F*** the NME, always out to get him, used to be a good mag when I was a kid, now just full of s*** bands with f*** all to say.

No wonder Moz and his band wore the F*** Morrissey-solo... t-shirt.

I don't why half of you frequent this site, as it's supposed to be site dedicated to Morrissey. I am not saying follow him blindly, but clearly a lot of people on here are not fans, just idiots with no clue how the mans' mind works.

The only reason you are here is to stir up s***, try thinking for yourselves and read between the lines, cos all us real Moz fans understand that he tries his hardest to speak up for those not able to, whether it be animals subjected to terrible deaths, just to put meat on your plate and cancer in your bowels, or the alienated in society that find hope in his lyrics, rather than commit suicide.

In Moz's words, and I won't paraphrase, "It's easy to be controversial in an industry where no one has anything relevant to say."

After nearly 30 years in the business, he has a loyal fanbase like no other performer in the world, the man and his words are truly enduring, I for one will miss him when he's gone.

Viva Moz!!

Mick Rowley

In his incoherent apologia, Morrissey states:

'Millions of beings are routinely murdered every single day in order to fund profits for McDonalds and KFCruelty, but because these murders are protected by laws, we are asked to feel indifferent about the killings, and to not even dare question them. If you quite rightly feel horrified at the Norway killings, then it surely naturally follows that you feel horror at the murder of ANY innocent being. You cannot ignore animal suffering simply because animals "are not us."'

No one is 'asking' Morrissey or anyone else to be indifferent or ignore animal suffering. He has every right to march outside any fast food outlet with a banner protesting 'Thou Shalt Not Eat Meat'. It has been patiently explained to him by several members of his sophisticated Audience that he routinely confuses/conflates the concept of 'speciesism' with 'ethnocentricity'.

The peoples of Norway and many other countries for many centuries were obligated by their climate to hunt and fish. And to keep livestock for dairy. He could usefully travel to 'broaden his mind' so he finally understands that there are areas of Ethiopia, say, where a goat on the hillside means children stay alive. In such circumstances, not 'cultivating' meat would be tantamount to murder. Or would he just say "Let them eat Khat!" Not everyone has access to the epicurean vegetarian cuisine his wealth, privilege and arrogant ethnocentricity allows.

I wonder if he is even aware of 'Compassion In World Farming'! It's obvious that dietary change will be a gradual cultural evolution rather than a revolution based on a simplistic sloganeering pop song called 'Meat Is Murder', prefaced by a morbidly asinine reference to human mass murder! I had always assumed he wrote that song as an impressionable teenager. Perhaps, at 52, he could usefully re-write the lyrics, realising life is more complicated than he would prefer it to be!

He is clever at various styles of 'word-play', has a periodically beautiful voice, but is a very long way from anything that could be sensibly classified as 'genius' despite the fulminations of his delusional 'fans'.
If he no longer wishes to live with the hypocrisies which currently infect his life, such as supporting couturiers who incorporate 'wild-harvested' products from endangered species into their clothing ranges, Morrissey could embrace the faith of the Jain:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jain_food#Practice

If he had integrity he'd renounce ALL forms of violence, not selectively endorse 'animal rights terrorism' as 'just war'. And he'd express shock and revulsion about the extent of animal extermination within P.E.T.A: an organisation which he misguidedly believes protects vulnerable animals.

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

Doe he donate a fixed percentage of all profit sources to animal re-homing charities and vehemently protest this animal euthanasia directly with P.E.T.A. ?

He's been acting a bit 'strange' lately. Perhaps it's a mid-life crisis thing. We all go through it! But he can't seem to handle the fact that not all of his Audience are sheeple 'fans' (derived from 'fanatic'), so he tries to ban/stifle criticism. Well, now he's had a reality check, the mother of all wake-up calls. "That's How People Grow Up". Or not.....

And you’re an idiot. First, of all the NME did misrepresent and misquote him and they are going to pay for what they’ve done.
Secondly, Morrissey is not prejudice. He isn’t a racist. And last but never, never least, you schmuck, Reality Check--Morrissey is the most intelligent man in the whole wide world. He is a genius. So quit talking bad about him.

This world is full of crashing bores. And you are one.

Kate2828

You are quite possibly the dumbest creature on the planet.

And your God probably doesn't even know your name.

In his incoherent apologia, Morrissey states:

'Millions of beings are routinely murdered every single day in order to fund profits for McDonalds and KFCruelty, but because these murders are protected by laws, we are asked to feel indifferent about the killings, and to not even dare question them. If you quite rightly feel horrified at the Norway killings, then it surely naturally follows that you feel horror at the murder of ANY innocent being. You cannot ignore animal suffering simply because animals "are not us."'

No one is 'asking' Morrissey or anyone else to be indifferent or ignore animal suffering. He has every right to march outside any fast food outlet with a banner protesting 'Thou Shalt Not Eat Meat'. It has been patiently explained to him by several members of his sophisticated Audience that he routinely confuses/conflates the concept of 'speciesism' with 'ethnocentricity'.

The peoples of Norway and many other countries for many centuries were obligated by their climate to hunt and fish. And to keep livestock for dairy. He could usefully travel to 'broaden his mind' so he finally understands that there are areas of Ethiopia, say, where a goat on the hillside means children stay alive. In such circumstances, not 'cultivating' meat would be tantamount to murder. Or would he just say "Let them eat Khat!" Not everyone has access to the epicurean vegetarian cuisine his wealth, privilege and arrogant ethnocentricity allows.

I wonder if he is even aware of 'Compassion In World Farming'! It's obvious that dietary change will be a gradual cultural evolution rather than a revolution based on a simplistic sloganeering pop song called 'Meat Is Murder', prefaced by a morbidly asinine reference to human mass murder! I had always assumed he wrote that song as an impressionable teenager. Perhaps, at 52, he could usefully re-write the lyrics, realising life is more complicated than he would prefer it to be!

He is clever at various styles of 'word-play', has a periodically beautiful voice, but is a very long way from anything that could be sensibly classified as 'genius' despite the fulminations of his delusional 'fans'.
If he no longer wishes to live with the hypocrisies which currently infect his life, such as supporting couturiers who incorporate 'wild-harvested' products from endangered species into their clothing ranges, Morrissey could embrace the faith of the Jain:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jain_food#Practice

If he had integrity he'd renounce ALL forms of violence, not selectively endorse 'animal rights terrorism' as 'just war'. And he'd express shock and revulsion about the extent of animal extermination within P.E.T.A: an organisation which he misguidedly believes protects vulnerable animals.

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

Doe he donate a fixed percentage of all profit sources to animal re-homing charities and vehemently protest this animal euthanasia directly with P.E.T.A. ?

He's been acting a bit 'strange' lately. Perhaps it's a mid-life crisis thing. We all go through it! But he can't seem to handle the fact that not all of his Audience are sheeple 'fans' (derived from 'fanatic'), so he tries to ban/stifle criticism. Well, now he's had a reality check, the mother of all wake-up calls. "That's How People Grow Up". Or not.....

You are a laughable buffoon who has slithered onto this site out of the depths of your delusions that the vocabulary you gained through your days and night of study during your drug induced waves of inactivity might impress anyone.

As though anyone cares at all in the slightest what you say and your links and tedious references.
Why get so worked up if Morrissey is beneath you. Perhaps because he’s not. Perhaps because he can function and survive better than you.

Perhaps your supposed and convoluted eloquence might impress yourself or some of the other names you reside under to respond back to in an attempted mutual admiration exercise or an opportunity to engage in pretend witty comebacks.

The diatribes of the clooney are the ravings of a clown.

Not try to find in your bottles some witty comebacks and supercilious links that no one has any interest in and perhaps look inside yourself as to why you care so much to spit all this out if you can even stomach the sight of the man in the mirror.

5,000,000 Arab people murdered, by NWO to fund profits for priggish money- men, who'll scare the life out of you. The Norway massacre & fast-food slow-kill & their b.s. "wars" , all pre - planned population control by the power elite. Thanks David Icke:thumb:

You are a laughable buffoon who has slithered onto this site out of the depths of your delusions that the vocabulary you gained through your days and night of study during your drug induced waves of inactivity might impress anyone.

As though anyone cares at all in the slightest what you say and your links and tedious references.
Why get so worked up if Morrissey is beneath you. Perhaps because he’s not. Perhaps because he can function and survive better than you.

Perhaps your supposed and convoluted eloquence might impress yourself or some of the other names you reside under to respond back to in an attempted mutual admiration exercise or an opportunity to engage in pretend witty comebacks.

The diatribes of the clooney are the ravings of a clown.

Not try to find in your bottles some witty comebacks and supercilious links that no one has any interest in and perhaps look inside yourself as to why you care so much to spit all this out if you can even stomach the sight of the man in the mirror.

I note that you have not dealt with any of the cogent arguments posted by Wayneclooney.

You played the man, not the ball.
I suspect because the post was the one of the best that I have read on this thread.

I'd deal with your counter-arguments. But, ... wait ... , there are none. Just abuse. Well done, you.

By that logic, how do you know the Norwegian children had feelings?

Perhaps they had no minds or feelings at all.

Do you see where that logic leads?

The problem is not the logic in all is life so nothing can be killed or nothing is life so all can be killed. The problem is that you change the definitions at will. You decide what is or what is not life. You play GOD to all others. The sick thing is that in your attemt to argue against me, you even dare suggest that other people do not have feelings or minds. You see how definitions are all up in the air?
So where do you draw the line? What gets to live and what gets to die? Please define it for me. That your problem your ideas are based on random private feelings.

The second biggest political party in Norway is islamophobic, the murderer shared many of their views. This is a problem within the society that Norway has to deal with. This is the real problem. To turn hatred to Morrissey, vegetarianism and the rest of the world is wrong. Look yourself in the mirror please if you dare?! It is certainly needed.

The second biggest political party in Norway is islamophobic, the murderer shared many of their views. This is a problem within the society that Norway has to deal with. This is the real problem. To turn hatred to Morrissey, vegetarianism and the rest of the world is wrong. Look yourself in the mirror please if you dare?! It is certainly needed.

And thus a convenient way to avoid holding Morrissey responsible for HIS words, which were opportunistic and hurtful thanks to his clumsy comparison between the illegal actions that happened in Norway to what happens legally in slaughterhouses around the world. And he did it simply to promote his awkward statement written in a 25+ year-old song. Which is not even on his latest compilation album!

It is Morrissey's lack of compassion for his fellow human beings that is the issue, not Islamophobia, veganism/vegetarianism, or any commenters' lack of self-reflection. "Meat is Murder" is a red herring.

You decide what is or what is not life. You play GOD to all others. The sick thing is that in your attemt to argue against me, you even dare suggest that other people do not have feelings or minds. You see how definitions are all up in the air?
So where do you draw the line? What gets to live and what gets to die? Please define it for me. That your problem your ideas are based on random private feelings.

How about YOU define it for ME?

You are doing exactly what you accuse me of doing! You 'play GOD', to use your own terms, by deciding that the Norwegian children are of more moral worth than 76 chickens. So I don't know what you're getting at.

An absolute refusal to 'play GOD', as you put it, simply leads to complete moral indecision. Including not being able to condemn the killing of children at all.

So unless you are prepared to do that, you must 'play GOD'.

really...your mom or a chicken...pick...Morrissey's life or a cow...You people are morons

You are quite possibly the dumbest creature on the planet.

And your God probably doesn't even know your name.

She worships Satan and his demons and calls them god. If people say god you really have to be careful what and whom they mean.

As a species we have lost the true value of life, from being able to kill the spider in the bath, and murdering our own human kind - what a mess we are in. The bad humans are beinging to out number the goods ones.

As a species we have lost the true value of life, from being able to kill the spider in the bath, and murdering our own human kind - what a mess we are in. The bad humans are beinging to out number the goods ones.

Cretin. Comparing spiders to humans?

The stupid humans (eg. you) are beginning to outnumber the normal ones.

It has been patiently explained to him by several members of his sophisticated Audience that he routinely confuses/conflates the concept of 'speciesism' with 'ethnocentricity'.

--------------------

Not to mention Morrissey also confusing a 'witticism' with 'f***wittery'.

The second biggest political party in Norway is islamophobic/racist, the murderer shared many of their views. This is a problem within the society that Norway has to deal with. This is the real problem. To turn hatred to Morrissey, vegetarianism and the rest of the world is wrong. Look yourself in the mirror please if you dare?! It is certainly needed.

If the second largest democratic party in Norway is against Islamic influence in the country that would suggest many politicians are out of step with a significant percentage of the population.

I respect people who fight for animals rights.
But with this comment you went too far. You are blaming the media for giving Breivik a stage? At the same time you use the massacre in Norway as a stage to present your attitude.
This is more than insensitive in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom